“Family Visit - Great History and Location!”

Langley Castle Battlement Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on the Langley GUIDED TourDaily at 10.15am£ 4.95 per Adult, Children FreeBooking EssentialSEE* Authentic 14th Century Castle* Magnificent Drawing Room* Extensive Medieval Garderobes* Restored Rooftop Chapel* Rooftop Battlements* Outstanding Views of Countryside and Hadrian's Wall
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I along with our 2 kids (5&9) spent 4 nights at Langley Castle several weeks ago and LOVED our time there. We stayed in the Castle View (the stables) so that we could share a room with our kids. Very comfortable and quite spacious! The castle grounds are beautiful and the kids loved the peacocks wandering around! Loved the breakfast in the dining hall every morning. Great choices for the kids and great breakfasts for the parents! Kids loved the tower tour and the staff was great!

It's also a great base location for touring northern England. We did day trips to Alnwick Castle (for Harry Potter tours), spent a full day exploring Hadrian's wall and the different historical sites, visiting some small towns (Hexam, Corbridge) and the Kielder observatory. Great central location as a base to really explore the area and get a great feel for this part of the UK. Highly recommend!

1  Thank JFW1313
There are newer reviews for Langley Castle Battlement Tour

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

A place you must have on your list to visit! Langley castle is beautiful, romantic, sexy & stunning..Those are just some of the rooms we looked in on our grand tour of the place! Something you have to do when your there to soak up the history of the place.

We stayed on after and enjoyed Afternoon tea which was heavenly! The service & staff were top class couldn't of asked for a better afternoon for my mum and daughters birthday treat. Many thanks to Anton

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Really nice venue with excellent grounds and historic rooms, only stopped for a look around and a coffee

1  Thank Crobbins57
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We visited here for a surprise afternoon tea for my in laws 50th wedding anniversary. What a beautiful place! I've never heard of or been to Langley Castle before, but what a hidden gem. The staff were very friendly who went out of their way to help us - example being carrying our drinks we'd ordered at the bar outside for us and providing towels for us to sit on the grass because it was a beautiful sunny day. We even got a tour of the castle. Couldn't fault the staff. Our family gathering was in the conservatory. The food was very nice with very attentive staff filling our cups with coffee or tea. The whole place has a lot of charm from suits of armour dotted around to the peacocks roaming the gardens. I don't know if it's just me but I can't understand why I've never heard of this place before. Like I said before, this place is a hidden gem and will definitely be making a return visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

When we first arrived through the gates the castle had an immediate wow factor. It was part of my 49+1 birthday celebrations. From entering the castle it had an instant cosiness about it. We arrived 1 hour earlier as we were having afternoon tea in the drawing room. We were greeted by friendly, polite & well dressed staff & this continued through out our visit. She informed us that our room was ready. We were taken into the drawing room & WOW WOW WOW it was beautiful - everything! Without sounding dramatic I had a lump in my throat & eyes became watery. The whole atmosphere was wonderful, I will admit my husband & I was as giddy as kippers! There was so much to absorb, the history & deco - beautiful. The afternoon tea arrived & we enjoyed it immensely.
When we finally decided to go to our room ( Cadwalleder) it was breath taking! Everything we had imagined a proper castle to be - it was. The window seat area was very impressive along with everything else, can't find fault with anything.. The cleanliness of the room & bathroom was outstanding. It was so warm, cosy & so so impressive.
The staircases & all the shields, suits of armour & the beautiful tapestries were outstanding.
We didn't have evening meal at the castle so can't comment but the breakfast was delicious. It catered for everyone's needs, while we had breakfast there was an age range of 5-75 approx. & everyone appeared happy.
We would like to say a big thank you to everyone at Langley Castle ( inc the staff you don't see) for a very very positive visit. We are planning another visit in another room. We would highly recommend a visit. Langley castle is something to be proud of.