“A genuine gem in the Comfort Suites portfolio”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Edinboro
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is our "must stay" place twice a year when we head south and back and this first visit in 2014 lived up to our high expectations. Great location whether you like the beach in Erie or shopping in Grove City . . . OK, so there a closer hotels, but you won't find better!
Possibly the best breakfast selection we have found in any Comfort Suites property and the whole place is immaculate. Superb beds and bedding. On this visit the front desk didn't provide the usual warm and super friendly welcome but that could be because of Saturday evening staffing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I'm another Edinboro U. parent therefore this is a convenient hotel. Breakfast was good. room was fine. The 6 year old enjoyed the pool. I enjoyed the hot tub. Good value, not the cheapest place but an excellent example of this class of lodging. The Walmart is nearby for those student purchases. There are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity so you will have to drive but you can get pizza delivered so civilization is nearby.
If weather allows great little patio out back to relax and see the countryside. I'm calling this a business trip because we were dropping off my son for college and not vacationing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group in December. It is a nice hotel, the rooms are well appointed and the breakfast is plentiful.
There is a pool and hot tub, but I didn't get the chance to utilize them, though they did look great.
The only real drawback that I could see is that the breakfast area, being in the lobby was really cold. (It stands to reason as the lobby doors are in the proximity of the breakfast area.
The view was nice, the hotel staff were great and there is a small plaza with a Walmart a short walk away.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2014

1st trip was for a business type trip. Was so impressed I came back with the entire family, crossed my fingers as the Fam assessed the hotel. And........they loved it. Big room, for a very good value (cookies and b'fast is what the kids liked). Good location for shopping at Grove City and Erie and the money saved easily makes up for the drive to town.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank amigo j
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have been at this hotel for two weeks whilst delivering training nearby. I have been consistently impressed with the care and concern with which staff supports their guests. The hotel itself is absolutely lovely in appearance; very well appointed and decorated and clean as a whistle. The rooms are very spacious with an extremely reasonable price. "Howard" will serve you a hot and cold continental breakfast that is great every single day. Guest laundry is spotless with very efficient machines and only $1 per load with a 45 minute dry cycle! Front desk staff is absolutely wonderful in their care and attention to every detail. The business center, very important to me, is great with a combo printer, copier, scanner and fax available 24/7. My only disappointment, because I was managing a recent neck surgery, is that the spa was out of order the whole time here. Small thing and would have made it the most perfect stay ever! If you are in the area, I truly encourage you not to miss this tremendous experience.

Room Tip: FIrst Floor rear is best (I prefer first) however there were some suites on the second floor that se...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2013

i stay at this hotel to visit my son at EUP and have never had a bad experience. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and well maintained. The breakfast has both hot and cold items. The only negative experience was that most of my visits here the coffee in the lobby was either out or cold but that was not problem since there is a coffee pot in the room. I just wanted to keep that available for early morning or late evening. They have games at the front desk for your enjoyment which makes nice for families with children. Walmart across the street and a Sheetz next door makes for nice accomodations and walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank angie1101
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel while traveling over Thanksgiving. It was snowing and we wanted nothing more than a clean, warm, welcoming place - and we got that and more. There was a manager reception, we got snacks and a drink, and we were chatting in the lobby while it snowed outside. The room was clean and large, and we went swimming in the morning. Great hot breakfast too. No complaints; I wish all hotels were like this one. We'll be back for sure.

Stayed: November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinboro
The Seasons Inn at Nick's Place
#7 of 38 in Erie
Hampton Inn Erie-South
SpringHill Suites Erie
Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!