“Rudest People on Earth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elizabethtown
Elizabethtown / Hershey KOA
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is an honest review the campground itself was very nice. Shady, clean we stayed in a cabin and it was very nice. We asked for 2 cabin sites and a RV site to be together and they did that. Now I would say Don't go there we got there at 2:00 I knew we couldn't check in but I asked if we could do our paperwork and I would come back to get my key. The woman that said she owned the place said No! Then my daughter and her husband with their 4 girls 3 who are handicapped had check in earlier because RV's can check in at 1:00 so I said we would go to their site and wait until 3:00. I was their to help with the girls I usually travel with them and she said I would have to pay or I wasn't allowed in the park. So I had to wait with my Mom in the car for an hour before we could even enter the park. By the time 3:00 came the line to check in was five cars long and we had to wait in a line. Then the two very rude women at the desk talking to each other had enough nerve to say they couldn't believe how busy it got. Are you kidding me they had everyone come at 3:00 what did they think would happen?
A few other things my niece and her husband asked for directions and they held up their hand and pointed to the left never said a word. Also as one other camper said we were having company a small family reunion so my sister went down to pay the $6.00 per person they require for visitors and then they tacked on another $8.00 a car it came to over $60.00 just to have company! They did later drive over and give her $16.00 back.
The atmosphere created there was very unwelcoming from the time you drove through the gate. A lot of older people working there seemed to be living there and they were rude and pretty much stalked everything we did. Also very few activities for children ( I think because they really don't want them there) and anything they did have was small and they charged for it. We have been to many campgrounds that weren't as nice to look at but we would go back for the people and the pleasant family friendly atmosphere this place was more like a trailer park where guests weren't welcome and believe me they let you know.
There were a few very nice gentlemen that helped us with a broken door knob and when the kids locked the key in the cabin. That still doesn't make up for the way we were treated and after reading some of the other reviews I think this is a consistent problem at this campground.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Ssandkj

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Was charged twice for guest was charged for my vehicle and my guest's vehicle ( who walks here?!) I would never come back. This was a complete rip off. Have been a member of KOA for 20 years and I have never seen anything like this one. Plus on their website the cabin I paid for had a refrigerator and television; when I got here there was neither!!

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank Lhuber710
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My two complaints are the bathroom is FILTHY!!!! Poop was on the toilet seat, it was not cleaned until Monday morning and I told them Saturday morning. Also, the woman in the office, Debbie, was very rude. She is just a miserable woman and I do no know why.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank SallyAnnNaidoo
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Very nice, clean campground. Staff is very friendly and all the sites are well taken care of. The amenities are very nice and the location is perfect for Hershey Park or visiting Lancaster. I would have given it 5 stars except that we had to bring 2 cars and they charged us $8 a day to park the extra car which is ridiculous. We look forward to coming back but will definitely make sure we only have one vehicle.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KimCarlKids
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was a great trip. The camp was extremely clean, easy to navigate, and in the perfect location. We rented a cabin for a total of 4 people over the 3 night memorial day weekend and spent just over $300 total. The price could not be beat.

The cabin itself was clean and basic. Each spot has a BBQ grill, porch swing, picnic table, fire ring, and parking. The staff was attentive but gave campers their freedom and space.

It is less than 30 minutes from Hershey and 35 from the Amish Country. It is situated in a nice town with a decent number of restaurants and bars to keep you busy.

Room Tip: They have a well stocked store, Giant foods is down the road, and they service all meals in the cafe...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John F
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We just returned from two weeks of camping. The Elizabethtown Pa stay was awesome! Our site was a premier site with a patio, a fireplace, a swing and a bbq gas grill. The grounds a well kept, the staff delightful. Clean, Clean, Clean! We were less than a half hour from Hershey, about 40 mins from Amish Country and a bit over an hour from Gettysburg. I would come back in a heartbeat. Check this place out.

Room Tip: If you stay for a couple of days as we did, five actually. Go for the premier site. You will enjoy...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Beautiful campgrounds with lots of different type camping spaces...rvs, tents, cabins. Great recreational hall with kitchen facilities! Check out the Sunday morning breakfast! Or Popcorn and movies!! Large swimming pool along with a kiddie pool, playgrounds for the kids! Giant chess set off the patio! Mini golf, fishing! What more could you ask for at a home away from home! New cabins have been added, including a handicapped cabin! They are sparking clean! The bathhouse, bathrooms are very clean and have laundry facilities available, a country store and probably much more I am forgetting! The people who run the place strive to make it an enjoyable stay for everyone! There are rules and security which makes it a safe place! The location is great, close to so many things in the Lancaster area...shopping the outlets and amish country, sight seeing, Hershey Park, Antique Car museum, Hershey Experience, great restaurants if you want to eat out...what more could you ask for! Go and camp and relax or use it for a base for your exploring!!! If you have special needs, talk to the staff, they seem more than willing to try to accommodate customers! Opens in April and closes in November (hey, it's PA weather!). There are seasonal regulars along with people passing thru the area! Make it a stop for your next camping get a way...whether you are local or coming to the area from a distance!!! VERY well maintained! This is the type of hidden gem that once you stay there, you'll share it with all your friends!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Artisticwander
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabethtown
Hershey RV & Camping Resort
Circle M RV & Camping Resort
PA Dutch Country RV Resort
Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area)
The Red Rose Motel
The Red Rose Motel
#2 of 2 in Elizabethtown
West Ridge Guest House
West Ridge Guest House
#2 of 3 in Elizabethtown

Been to Elizabethtown / Hershey KOA? Share your experiences!