“We keep returning.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elizabethtown
Hershey KOA Campground
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Quiet, kid & pet friendly, close to Hersheypark... We always have something to do here. The kids like to swim and fish, the dogs love the dog park. We, as parents, like that it's not too big. When not busy, the staff was always out picking up trash and straightening - up. We'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank sdwelling
There are newer reviews for Hershey KOA Campground

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Firstly I would say that the negative ratings below were exactly the same as our experience! The staff is extremely inhospitable and rude! They made me feel unwelcome and and not appreciated as a high paying customer. We spoke the owner personally, and she said that her campground had gotten negative reviews, because people just don't like to follow the rules. Well, the complaint is not about their rules; it's about them being just plain rude! I would have rated them as "1 star", but I gave an extra star, because the bathrooms were very clean. Would not visit Elizabethtown ever again due to this experience. Next time we will boondock at Walmart.

Room Tip: Avoid the female staff as much as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Visitor612
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hershey KOA was the best. It was very Clean,Had very few kids activities. Movies always get cancelled. Dirty Pond, Train put you to sleep. We went when the pool was closed. We had a pop-up.
We will come back.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Erik W
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I had to stay here while working an outage at TMI. The owner has some strange ideas about how to treat paying guests. The minute you check in she will start badgering you as to when you are leaving and curtly inform you that done working or not you will be kicked out before Thanksgiving. For all that wonderful hospitality (sarcasm) you will be told the monthly rate is $825 and a month is only 28 days. Don't bother pointing out that October has 31 days. She will tell you that she doesn't care because 28 days is easier for her. Translation: the greedy can steal even more from you. She will insist it is still a bargain because you are only paying for 17 days and getting the rest for free. Free? Really? Not! If your job lasts more than a KOA month she will charge you $260 per week or $50 per day. I don't think she grasps that you can get a hotel room cheaper than $50 per day, especially offseason in November, and she is providing nothing more than a patch of gravel. She isn't providing a bed or housekeeping. I like this lifestyle but I detest having to work places that cause me to deal with such greedy types as the woman who owns this campground. If you have any other options avoid this KOA at all costs.

• Stayed: October 2013
10  Thank DWPL
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Hershey KOA is beautifully landscaped with friendly helpful staff. It's a bit out of the way but quite a few campgrounds are located in rural areas so this is not unusual. KOA is always our first choice when traveling.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OBXPearl
Reviewed 28 October 2013

First let me say that yes this campground is clean and spacious. However, I agree with the situations that some have listed with the staff. They are not the most friendly in the world. They act like they have better things to do. Mostly the women in the office. I checked in and had to tell them several times I did not bring extra people. They kept saying "do you have any extra people?" I had already told them no several times. Then we were taken to our site by a gentleman on a golf cart. The first thing he told us was to be very careful starting a fire where they themselves had placed the fire pit. Also, we were told Hershey Park was only 14 minutes away meanwhile it was over 30 minutes away. I went to walk my dog with my daughter when she found a lost ball under a bush that was marked KOA. We took it to the office me with dog in hand, I did not take the dog into the store however, I stood at the door to watch her take the ball back. The first thing they started yelling was you can't bring that dog in here. I said I know that however she has something for you. They didn't want to touch it because it had some dirt on it. Not even a thank you for her returning it. Then on Sunday we had some technical difficulties with our fifth wheeler which caused us a delay. Check out it 11:30 am this was 12:15, the guy came back by on his golf cart and said did you call the office to report your late departure. I said no we are trying to fix a problem. He said they are probably going to charge you a late fee. You have to call the office now!! I called, at least I didn't get charged a late charge. Have mixed feelings about going back. Just don't know since I see all the other horrible reviews. And they relate so closely to the one I had.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank markat3
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Please know the other reviews are not off base. My dealings was with Mary and her face would crack if she actually was pleasant or smiled. I called 2 hours ahead and made reservations. Mary was like speaking to a machine but that's OK. We checked in at dusk in a flood and Ms. Mary was not your fuzzy welcome by any means. The older gentleman that led the way to our site was welcoming and polite and he had to get out in the storm for his job. My husband has the patience of Job, when I commented how cold Mary was he laughed me off. Then the next two times he made contact with her and another lady he certainly agreed.

The sites are much like a trailer park on gravel. You have to be rather tricky at parking to to position your RV where you are not in fromt of your neighbors front door but still close to the hook ups. Having the off leash dog park was a nice perk and having plastic bags available was nice as we forgot ours once.

A huge thank you to the gentleman that works there 20 hours a week and heads to Florida with other couples. He was next to us and represented what RVer's are like and what we usually get from KOA's..civility. The lady to our left was also warm. But I would not stay here again, there is no reason to be cold and now that I have read others comments I will definately skip the Hershey KOA on our return trip. GO STAY AT THE HERR"S MILL COVERED BRIDGE CAMPGROUND. We paid their office a visit before we left town never mentioning our experience. She was a human, a nice human!

Room Tip: Here's my tip: Don't spend your money here. This is not a normal KOA expereince. The ladi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank BBelenchia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabethtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West
Hershey RV & Camping Resort
PA Dutch Country RV Resort
Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area)
Circle M RV & Camping Resort
Amanda Gish House
Amanda Gish House
#1 of 3 in Elizabethtown

Been to Hershey KOA Campground? Share your experiences!