“This Shipwreck Is Ready For Drydock!”

Quality Inn Enola - Harrisburg
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Where to begin...?

I stayed at this hotel for one night last month. I was passing through town and all other hotels were booked. Believe me, I called around to everywhere before ending up here. The only available room was smoking with two beds (I'm a non smoker but can tolerate the smell). Each bed in my room had cigarette burns on the top sheet and were just not that crisp or clean. What was really odd were the pillows. Instead of one or two standard sized pillows, I was issued four very small pillows for each bed. I had to unite all eight to create a useable sleeping surface. When I woke up after only four hours of sleep (which was all I had time for), my back was trashed. I'm only 31 years old, am fit and active, and do not have a back problem. However, since my return I've been to the chiropractor for repair. Anyway, the other thing that was lacking was a desk. There was no desk in the room and the notepad they issued me only had two pages. The coffee pot in my room was not clean. I was able to hear the sound of the rooms on both sides of me and could clearly hear the sound of each television. Overall, the hotel was grubby. The one pleasant surprise was the bathroom and shower which I felt were in excellent condition thus why my rating is higher than just a one.

One final note. When I checked in, there was an elderly couple that was also checking in. They had an extensive amount of luggage and were issued a room on the second floor. The problem was, however, that they were informed by the front desk that there is no elevator to the second floor. That's right, only stairs. The poor front desk employee was on alone and there was no one else available to assist with luggage. That's when yours truly became a free bell hop and took mercy upon the elderly couple...carrying their luggage upstairs. Who knows what they did at check out?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank wrg113
UMESH P, General Manager at Quality Inn Enola - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Enola - Harrisburg

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Clean, good value, friendly accommodating staff, typical free breakfast, off the interstate. Beds comfortable - rooms are what you would expect - worked for our needs. Beds were good, now heading to Lancaster, PA

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jaime S
UMESH P, General Manager at Quality Inn Enola - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stay with others.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

After breaking down on the highway 225 miles from home, it was nice to reach the Quality Inn in Enola, Pennsylvania. The owners/staff were welcoming, accomodating and their breakfast was superb. This is a perfect place to stay if you're a business traveler. Not too accomodating for a family or those with youngsters. There are no activities for children within the confines of the hotel. As to the "small", square pillows, you just have to take the pillow case off, open and fluff! (They are "sealed" in a square-type shape pillow case for sanity purposes.)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sylvia S
UMESH P, General Manager at Quality Inn Enola - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn as we were on a budget. The room was very nice and clean, only the desk chair and side chair had stains. The desk chair had white stains on it that should be cleaned as it didn't look nice. Aside from that, the room was clean and was perfect for what we needed. Can't comment on the breakfast as there had been a large group of tourists that pretty much cleaned up everything by the time we got there. But there is the diner next door and Marysville Diner is very good. All in all I would recommend it to travelers on a budget.

Room Tip: As we were here for rail fanning, we had a room facing the NS Yard in Enola. This is a good value a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JLFLOVESFOOD

Reviewed 20 April 2013

I arrived amid a torrential rainstorm with a tornado warning and was greeted by a empathetic and efficient evening check-in attendant. The decor in the lobby was welcoming and not tired as in many hotels.

In the morning, I ased for a more detailed map of the area. Upon discovering that there were none left, Umesh gave me his own map. Both Umesh and Sam, at the front desk, were very upbeat and helpful.

The room, 215, was very clean and large with a king bed and sofa. it looked onto a small hill with trees just coming into bloom. Since it was on the back side of the hill, there was absolutely no noise from the highway.

The little square pillows were would be a nice addition to larger ones, but like Robert D, I would have preferred regular ones. This was a minor detail. They did not get in the way of a good sleep on a fabulous bed.

Breakfast looked good, but there were few gluten free alternatives, so I could not partake.

Overall, a very good hotel experience. I will definitely plan to stop here, if I come back this way.

Room Tip: Ask for the back side of the hotel. It is very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank solaSML

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We have never stayed at a nicer Quality Inn. The decor in the Lobby, Breakfast room and Room #121 was exceptional. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The check inn attendant was very friendly and helpful. We plan to make this hotel our permanent stop over on our way to and from our Florida home.
Ute & Lyn

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ute B
UMESH P, Owner at Quality Inn Enola - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Sir,
Glad to hear that you had such a great stay. Thank you so much for your positive feedback on our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to our location.
Thanks
Umesh patel (GM)

Reviewed 14 April 2013

No surprises, clean room, decent bed. Breakfast is pretty basic, but there are several places to have breakfast within walking distance. Square pillows were sort of strange, I would have preferred standard pillows, but this was a minor detail.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

717-732-0785

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enola
Best Western Plus Harrisburg Mechanicsburg
#37 of 50 in Harrisburg
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#31 of 50 in Harrisburg

Been to Quality Inn Enola - Harrisburg? Share your experiences!