“A 5 star restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Enola
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“A 5 star restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2011

I have been a frequent guest at Visaggio's for more than 25 years. I was at the table beside the man who ruined the evening for me and my guests. Visaggio's was extremely busy and his server was our server. His is the first review on this web page about Visaggio's. He thinks he's a food critic. On this web-site alone he's critiqued 65 businesses.
Visaggio's doesn't have wobbly tables nor do you sit on banquet chairs. I don't understand the word "Mafia" and how it relates to his review. Visaggio's knows what Campari is because it's one of my favorite liqueurs. I order it everytime I'm their.
As the evening wore on this man became so ignorant that even the people that were with him became visibly annoyed. Our server was in tears because of the way he was acting. I know this server very well, she has been at Visaggio's for 23 years and she is an excellent server. So, I don't know what his problem was that evening, but perhaps, in the future he should just remain at home and critique himself and allow the rest of us to have a lovely evening in a lovely restaurant.

• Visited December 2010
2 Thank VivianLynne

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Gave my daughter her dream wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

We checked every banquet facility within a 30 mile radius of Harrisburg. Visaggio's was the final choice. The owner and her two sons were so accommodating to us when they showed us their facility. They have been in business 30 years at the Wertzville Road location. They use to own the bakery in Harrisburg on 19th street. My parents would take me to the bakery when I was a child after Mass at St Francis Asissi church.
I am of Italian descent and Visaggio's has the best cuisine in our area. We are still receiving compliments about the wedding reception. Visaggio's handmade 2500 wedding cookies. The wedding cake was their famous Cassata Castel Castagna. The cake stand was 5 feet tall. We had a seven course dinner that was cooked to order, unheard of in this day and age. Their ballroom is directly behind the restaurant and very private and they will only accommodate one wedding at a time. They seat 175 guests. It even has it's own parking lot.
So, I happened to find this web-site and thought I would post an honest, truthful review of the beautiful wedding reception Visaggio's did for my daughter.

• Visited September 2010
2 Thank royalpaloma61
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A wonderful night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

While on one of my frequent trips to Baltimore,I had heard of Visaggios metioned often in my work force.So I decided to take a road trip and get out of the city.From the moment I arrived I was enchanted by the warmth and atmosphere.There were so many dishes that appealed to me so the waitress suggested her favorites.I started with a appetizer and drinks and then to the entree of which I must say was more than pleasing to my pallet.I ending with a carmel pot a creme with pistachio ice cream. The service was excellent and I did have the plesure of meeting the owner as she checked on all of the guests dining there.That was a nice touch as I was alone and engaged in a conversation with Rose Mary who offered me a tour of her banquet rooms and made me feel like a guest in her home.That must be the Italian way.It truely was worth the drive and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hershey, PA
“A HUGE Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2010

One star all the way around. Atmosphere: a converted barn in the countryside with several dining rooms done in a circa 1930 mafia motif. It is gaudy and over the top complete with family pictures of the owners; now that's a first. To make it worse all the seating is banquet chairs and drop-leaf banquet tables that droop. Service: below average for the menu price. If you charge $30+ for an entree than you need to deliver that level of service. Our waitress was pitiful. My first red flag was the fact that an Italian restaurant had never heard of Campari. We were often without proper flatware, food arrived at alternating times (with one dinner party guest waiting 10 mins. longer than the rest for their entree), left unattended for long periods of times, waited forever for the dessert tray, etc. But the final bill sure did arrive quick with no offer to see if we would care for anything else - a coffee refill might have been nice.
Food: everything was bland and unseasoned, soup was cold, entree was cold, coffee was thick, and dessert was disgusting, and again bland; a slab of cocoa and flour and a smidgen of some pasty filling. Value: in the toilet!
This place should be ashamed to charge such exuberant prices and then deliver a dining experience that can only strive to be medicore.

4 Thank Ryan.W