“Really fun place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 75 Restaurants in Ephrata
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
West Chester
“Really fun place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Nice gathering of the locals. Place reminded me of beach bars in the Caribbean or Seacrets in Ocean City, MD. Bar service was excellent from two very attractive bartenders. I'm not a big fan of Karaoke, but this night was a lot of fun. Some of the local singers were pretty good. Our group especially enjoyed Harry's love ballads to his girlfriend and the Old Dinosaur's classics (yes, that's his name and he has business cards, a Facebook page, and a blog).

The menu was not upscale, but the food was very good. Prices were very good as well. Our barmaid recommended the toasted cheeseburger, and she was right.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Stevens, Pennsylvania
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

I have been here numerous times and have never been impressed. Very slow service, the staff needs tips in being polite, and the the food is ok (at best). Super packed all the time, a lot of fights. The only thing that is positive about this place is there reasonable prices. I would skip visiting this place though...

• Visited August 2012
Clinton, New Jersey
“Yuck. Rude. Smelly.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We came here upon the recommendation of the B&B owner we were staying with. It sounded nice, have a beer on a giant deck. When we arrived they were pretty busy and there was not a cloud in the sky. It was probably pushing 85 degrees out, so when we were seated at a table right in the sun with no shade at all I asked if we could be moved to one of the many empty tables with umbrellas. I was told no, there was no room (though I could see the empty tables). I figured the hostess was just having a bad day so I would ask the waitress- after waiting awhile and being surrounded by people smoking (yes it's outside so I guess they are allowed but it smelled bad) we placed our beer order and I asked if we could move over to the table with the umbrella not far from us. She said no I would have to ask the hostess. UGH! I decided not to eat here so I would not fry. Our beers arrived and I got a rolling rock in a can- I haven't been served a can of beer at a restaurant ever, and rolling rock is not the same in a can. I chugged as fast as I could and left, with a sunburn. On a shady day this is a good place for bikers and smokers and people who want to drink out of cans. Will not return.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank khart8
lancaster, pa
“Fun time had by all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

The Deck---great hangout for after work drinks, great toasted cheeseburgers and fries. Food is great bar food....not good for you but good to eat. It's great to meet friends, be outdoors, and have some good drinks. Nothing over the top but just a fun place and something to look forward to opening every year!

Visited May 2012
Lake Holiday
“the deck ROCKS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

I can't wait until it's summer again, so we can eat those delicious burgers and fries at the Deck. It's the only thing I missed on my latest trip to Ephrata (in December).

Visited December 2011