“Wonderful Fall Getaway”

Ranked #6 of 8 Ephrata B&B and Inns
Millersville, Maryland
“Wonderful Fall Getaway”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My husband and I experienced our first stay in a bed and breakfast at the Clearview Farm Bed and Breakfast.
Owners Cheryl and Barry were very welcoming and provided us excellent information about the area. Our room as well as the entire house was very clean and decorated so tastefully with antiques.
Cheryl's breakfasts were wonderful, especially the home baked muffins and breads.
I would highly recommend the Clearview Farm Bed and Breakfast to anyone visiting Lancaster County.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shelley K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Neshanic Station, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed for 3 nights while attending the Hershey Fall Car Show. Cheryl could not be a more gracious and charming host. By the way, as good as the breakfasts were, she makes excellent coffee! The room, food, location, and peace & quiet were all top notch!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Richard R
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We were going to a wedding in Reading, PA and we were in SC. I called our niece in Ephrata for suggestions for an overnight or two. Lo! Clearview Farm B & B was minutes from her and she knew Cheryl and Barry well. Reading was only 20 minutes away.
What a perfect fit! It only got better after our arrival. The setting was that of Fairyland and two swimming swans were he perfect accents. Entering this beautifully restored farmhouse is spellbinding. The warmth of the Wisslers permeates the entire setting. Even the barns brought back such memories, having been raised on a farm. Our NC family joined us on the beautiful porch for cocktails while the boys climbed a perfect tree by the driveway. We had originally booked for only one night, but soon realized that would not be long enough to savor this treat. A perfect place, in a perfect setting, in a perfect location. So much to see and do or do nothing at all. We'll definitely be back -- before the next wedding in PA I hope.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be equal and are filled with magnificent antiques. A warm friendly feeling exist...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JoanMcGlaughlinWein
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This B&B is a warm welcoming reflection on how a "getaway" can make you enjoy the Lancaster countryside. This area is fields of corn, sunsets, and farms - all beautiful. The location is perfect 40 minutes from Hershey Park, close to Mount Hope Estate & Winery/ Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, antique stores, and Amish country. We stayed in The Garden Room, which was beautiful - but all the rooms are wonderful. It was difficult to choose which room to stay in for the weekend.
Cheryl and Barry Wissler own and operate the B&B and made you feel as it was home away from home. As soon as you enter the Clearview you step back in time. A time where the attention to detail is appreciated. The decorating is meticulous, you feel you have gone back to the 1800s, but with all the amenities of here and now.
For our dinner we took advantage of the arrangement to have supper with a nearby Amish family. It was a delicious wonderful experience that I highly recommend to anyone. The family was warm and welcoming, it was so nice to see first hand how they live and experience their customs. The ride back and forth from the B&B is scenic and enjoyable as well.
The breakfast the next day at the B&B was delicious with fruit, muffins, bacon and a quiche that is to die for! We loved having our coffee outside on the white chairs, staring over the pond at the swans as the sun came up. The morning dew hanging on every flower in the garden, not a noise in the area but the birds chirping. Fish love to jump in the pond in the morning so it is fun to just enjoy the relaxing nature watching the B&B provides. I highly recommend the facility and we cannot wait to go back in the fall.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are stunning and reasonably priced. Any room you choose you will be thrilled.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

Rooms are impeccably decorated with antiques. Owners Cheryl and Barry make you feel very welcome and are excellent hosts. Breakfast was excellent . Property is an old farm circa 1814 which has been lovingly restored. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Cudjo
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I needed a place to stay near the MS Kids' Camp our children would be attending. He surprised me by booking a B & B nearby! He let me pick out the room ahead of time, and we were set! It was a good thing we did it early, too, because we ended up not celebrating our anniversary the month before. This was so much more special to me than simply going out together for dinner.
Unexpectedly, I'd had an MS exacerbation that put me in the hospital the previous weekend, so it was even more special to just "get away" and spend time together. The Clearview is very charming, yet updated in conveniences. Air conditioning was very important to me and made a big difference. And, how many times do I get to wake up in the morning and see swans (ok, w/out my glasses, I thought they were ducks) at 6:00 am.?
Cheryl and Barry were wonderful hostesses from the time we arrived, even finding a spot in her own refrigerator to keep my daily injections and my cold ice pack. The atmosphere was old-fashioned charm with careful attention to detail, decor, and to making guests feel totally "at home." We even made some new and wonderful friends who stayed the weekend. It was simply, for me, a piece of serenity in a hectic world.

Room Tip: The online feature on their website gives you a great idea of what you will experience. Just to see...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ImaMeSs_13
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Atop a hill and surrounded by farmlands, Clearview Farm Bed and Breakfast provides a hearty, delicious start to the morning and a peaceful place of rest after a long day of touring, shopping, Amish watching, and covered bridge hunting. The house and room are beautifully appointed with antiques and hand-made quilts. The Garden Room, where we stayed for five nights, has everything we needed. The bed is comfortable and the room is big enough so we never felt cramped. Downstairs there are two sitting rooms and a large dining room. Our breakfasts started with fresh fruit and moved on to muffins or coffee cake, crepes, quiche, pancakes, waffles and bacon, ham, or locally made sausage. It was enough that we only had two meals a day. The owner is friendly and knows the area well, so she can give directions and suggestions. I don't think I would stay anyplace else in Lancaster County.

Room Tip: Actually, the fitness center is a jog or walk around a country lane and the pool is a pond, only for...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Francha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Manheim
Hampton Inn Manheim
#3 of 7 in Manheim
Hurst House Bed & Breakfast
Hertzog Homestead Bed & Breakfast
1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Clearview Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!