“Bed and Breakfast”

Clearview Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 8 Ephrata B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I were looking for a getaway for a night. Looking at groupon we stumbled upon this bed and breakfast. We made reservations. Upon arrival we were greeted with a smile and the best smell of baked goods. The home was beautiful. Very clean and decorated beautifully. Cheryl Wissell couldn't do enough. She showed us to our room and she made us feel right at home. There was a map of the surrounding areas along with a book on things to do. The house is over 200 years old and kept just so. We had a lovely breakfast in the morning. We will definately do this again. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Clearview Farm Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is a very well maintained 200yr old home that is the B&B. The positives are: grounds/landscaping are beautiful! Sitting on the front porch in the evening is very relaxing. The breakfast in the morning is semi-formal in that everyone who eats start at 08:30 and the meal is delivered in courses. I, personally, prefer a private/solitary breakfast. If you are a social creature you would love this because breakfast lasts about an hour. Every part of the B&B is clean/neat and well maintained. The owners are the nicest, most helpful people I have met. I am not used to the extreme quiet that was present at night. My heartbeat kept me awake! They were nice enough to provide me with a fan so that the hum would lull me asleep. The property is located conveniently near many attractions such as Hershey Park, store outlets, and Amish events. As for the negatives: they main negative was that the floors creaked when you walk on them. I was worried that I might wake people up when walking at night. I did not hear anything from the other rooms, so either I was the only person to walk around at night, OR it was actually not as bad as I thought. It is an older property, so if you are expecting level/squared floors and walls, you will be disappointed. The bed in the "Garden Room" was a full sized bed. I am used to at least a queen. the toilet in that bathroom was leaning to the side a little (again 200yo home). Also the temperature in the shower was a little hard to regulate, but the pressure was great! This was the first B&B experience for me. I learned what to look to for in a B&B. All of the problems I had where only my own idiosyncrasies and the owner bent over backward to make me comfortable! I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a quiet, quaint, well appointed property and people who enjoy older properties that are well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcummings1963
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The B&B itself is in Ephrata which is about a half hour's drive from Lancaster. If you're looking for a quaint place in the middle of the countryside, this is the place for you. If you want to get out for food or a drink, the nearest places are a good 15 minutes away.

We stayed at the Princess room, which is described as the biggest of their rooms available. It was ornately decorated with antiques.

The hosts were very welcoming and helpful with recommendations for dinner. Breakfast was enjoyable along with the other travelers.

Room Tip: Princess Room - the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Staying at Clearview Farm Bed and Breakfast was the perfect choice for a much too short weekend in Lancaster County. A very warm welcome, excellent tips for dinner and shopping, very nice breakfast, a wonderful farmhouse both well kept and delightfully decorated - it couldn't have been better. Next time in this area, this will be my address to stay again!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Three friends and I were in town for a wedding. We could not be happier we chose Clearview Farm B&B! The proprietors’ son David was our host for the weekend and warmly greeted us upon arrival. He even made an afternoon pot of coffee when one of my friends happened to mention we didn’t have time to stop in town before the wedding. David was always available for any questions – he helped with directions, took our photo, gave us a tour, etc. – but he was also extremely respectful of our privacy. The property itself is truly picturesque, and the rooms are charming and clean. A highlight of our time in Amish Country was the delicious breakfast served in the formal dining room in the morning followed by a stroll through the grounds. My one regret is that I didn’t try the pumpkin cheesecake because everyone later raved how amazing it was! I would recommend Clearview Farm Bed and Breakfast to anyone looking for a peaceful spot with loads of character, fantastic service, and beautiful rooms close to downtown Ephrata.

Room Tip: The Princess Room is the largest room and has a great view
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Lovely room with charm and character, delicious breakfast, very helpful host. We arrived late and he found us a great place for dinner, recommended two terrific places for shopping. He really went out of his way. Hope you get a chance to enjoy this too.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

WONDERFUL! My wife & I loved our stay! Barry & Cheryl are excellent hosts. Their home is tastefully decorated & our room ( Washington Room) was clean, charming & romantic. The grounds are spectacular. And the breakfast was superb, truly a gourmet meal. We would most highly recommend this establishment!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs
The Inn at Leola Village
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Hurst House Bed & Breakfast
1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast
Historic Smithton Inn
Historic Smithton Inn
#1 of 8 in Ephrata

Been to Clearview Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!