All reviewstranquility cottageblack forestbrew pubthe main housemy husband and icraft beerfresh fruitfrittatagas fireplacegracious host and hostesswindow roomlot of traffic noiseironing boardroom was tastefully decoratedb bschain hotelhighly recommend staying here
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at Wendy and Steve Trapp's 1777 Americana Inn B and B in Ephrata, PA. What a wonderful experience! A beautiful 18th Century home, tastefully restored and decorated, good food, a comfortable bed and hosts that were friendly, gracious and anticipated and accommodated our every need. We were impressed! Not only was this historic home outstanding, the garden to the rear of the house with its lush foliage and flowing water features provided a tranquil place to relax with a book and beverage. Of all of the B and Bs that we have sampled, we rank this among the best and will enthusiastically recommend it to all of our friends. Thank you Wendy and Steve for a wonderful weekend. Marie and Mark B. Maryland

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have been to other B&Bs in Lancaster and the surrounding area and every single time I come to town I head right back to the 1777 house. I've been there a total of 5 times so far and stayed in a different room each time and impessed more than the time before. The atmosphere is laid back in colonial heaven. The Innkeepers are gracious and very attentive. Breakfast is always full of choices from granola with fruit and yogurts to hot delicious breads and egg dishes. I love the home made orange butter. I know you will enjoy all the comforts of home without all the work.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I choose the 1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast because it had the best rating of all B&Bs in the area. I doubt seriously that there is a B&B in the area that can beat the 1777 Americana Inn. My wife and I are experienced B&B frequent flyers so we know our B&Bs and I can tell you that this one is the best we've ever stayed in. I wanted the best because it was a surprise for my wife's "29th" birthday. A day of antique shopping and good food which Steve helped us with - thanks Steve! Wendy sent us on our way early in the morning by creating a fantastic breakfast that my wife had to take a picture of (probably on her Facebook page by now). The room was spotless and a comfortable bed was great after a day of traveling. Steve and Wendy were excellent hosts and made us feel right at home as soon as we arrived. We will definitely be staying with them again probably in the honeymoon suite on our anniversary :)

Reviewed 25 August 2013

As a birthday surprise weekend away, my ever thoughtful husband booked us to stay at the 1777 Americana Inn for a weekend of shopping and sightseeing. We enjoy staying at bed and breakfasts very much and try to experience different ones in different states as frequently as we can. So, I can say with confidence that my experience with the 1777 Americana Inn was one of sher joy and pleasure! A great host and hostess, Steve and Wendy are the most accommodating and friendly inn keepers I have ever met! Not only did they take the time to greet us warmly, but they volunteered to give us a tour of the magnificent grounds as well as a historical lesson on the history of this grand old home. So down to earth, yet very professional, Steve and Wendy felt more like family or old friends from the get go! They both had us laughing so hard! The warmth and kindness of this couple extends all the way to the very bones and soul of this magnificent old home. They have put their blood, swear and tears into making the 1777 Americana Inn the fabulous place that it is today and that is quite evident! As a guest here, I was silently scrutinizing the smallest details and I can honestly say...this has got to be THE CLEANEST Bed and breakfast I have ever seen! Not only has Wendy infused her artistic heart into the decor, but the place is absolutely spotless! We were so happy with the room we chose, the Garden Window Room. The bed was luxurious and the linens were tip top quality. It felt like satin on my skin. What a treat! The bathroom was well stocked with any toiletries I might have forgotten and a few nice extras that most other places never even think of...such as dental floss and make-up removing cloths....just to name a few. I was so happy to find that each room has it's own fireplace and air conditioning for individual comfort control. The room was equipped with wifi, a television, a fridge with ice cold water and soft bath robes....oh, did I mention the luxurious linens? Ha...these things are important to a girl! The decor was lovely and after spending a wonderful time chit chatting with our hosts and admiring the lovely furnishings, we took Steve's advice and enjoyed an amazing dinner with dessert and cocktails at Lilly's on Main. We returned later and was reminded by Wendy to help ourselves to the dining area's well stocked fridge full of sodas, beer and water and any snacks or coffee we might like. WOW! We chose a movie from the library and retreated to our room for a relaxing evening. we woke to an AHHHHHMazing breakfast of quiche, specialty breads, fresh Fruits and veggies and country fried potatoes with all of the HOMEMADE apple butter (made by Wendy from the apples off their very own trees!) that we could handle. The coffee was just right and the company as even better. What a chef this woman is!! Steve advised us to enjoy a lunch at the Black Angus restaurant (another magnificent choice) and spent some time with us, filling us in on the best antique and junking places around. All-in-all...a birthday to remember and I want to thank Steve and Wendy for helping to make it that way! The perfect host and hostess....completely friendly and available whenever needed, but non-intrusive and respectful of our privacy at the same time. I highly recommend the 1777 Americana Inn Bed and Breakfast and will most certainly book another stay here again...hopefully longer this time! Thanks so much Steve and Wendy!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The bottom line on a B&B is a good bed and a good breakfast. We also like friendly and outgoing hosts. We got a lumpy bed covered with a thick mattress pad and continental breakfast. Host Wendy never spoke to her guests and avoided eye contact. Host Steve was friendly. They lived in separate quarters away from their guests. They didn't see their guests off when they went out, nor were they there to welcome them back when they returned. You are on your own. Might as well stay at a hotel. The 1777 Americana Inn is way over priced. We will never go back or recommend this B&B to others. Their are too many other great choices.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank masterstreamer
1777americanainn, Owner at 1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

We hardly know where to begin. Other than our names, there is not a single statement in this review which bears any resemblance to the truth. We feel like we are in some sort of si-fi movie and we have been replaced with "pod people". Without knowing who this particular "guest" is we cannot state that this is a fictionalized review but we do not have any guests in our booking system with Mount Union, PA as their home address. Oddly, as evidenced by our other reviews, the things our guests rave most often about are the delicious breakfasts, comfortable bedding and friendly hosts. We live inside the main house, on the first floor, with two of our doors leading directly into the guest common area. We couldn't be any closer to our guests without moving into their bedroom (and that's where we definitely have to draw the line!!!). Every guest is made aware that they can reach us 24 hours a day, for any reason, by phone which forwards to our cells. Our beds, firm mattresses with pillow top pads and Comphy Co luxury sheets, are complimented as much as our delicious, full, home made breakfasts. We could not be any friendlier to our guests without being overbearing and the whole idea of a B&B is to provide a pleasant atmosphere for our guests to enjoy their time here together. We have rooms available for $117 and $127 which include amenities not found in most B&B's for ANY price and we also have rooms with fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs for $207 and three level Carriage House lofts for $277. Our room rates are as varied as our room themes and we offer choices for any practically any taste or budget. If this reviewer is actually "real" then we would gladly offer a free stay at our inn as a token of good will, as we would welcome the opportunity to prove how totally wrong this review is. We don't expect to be taken up on this offer but we sincerely hope that visitors to TripAdvisor take the time to read ALL of our reviews when considering our inn. Thank you, Steve and Wendy Trapp (Innkeepers)