“Lancaster's slice of paradise!”

1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 8 Ephrata B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This past weekend, we had the pleasure of staying in this wonderful establishment! Upon arrival, we were greeted by welcoming and informative letters and were able to go to our room and get settled and explore the beautiful property. Shortly after, we met the lovely couple who run the inn. We had a relaxing evening on the beautiful patio with wine and cheese, getting to know the history of the inn. The owners were a plethora of information regarding the area and the best resturants. It was exactly what you picture when booking a stay at a B&B plus so much more in beautiful lancaster county!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Stumbles47

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Reading the reviews of this bed and breakfast, and seeing all positive reviews, we booked two rooms for Two nights. The photos and video were beautiful. BUT, when we arrived, we found a small bed and breakfast, with not one person to greet us, no proprietor and not even a guest. The building was empty and we found our name on a note indicating that our keys were in our room. The place was musty and small.
The only sound was that of construction workers next door. We looked around and found nothing as advertised, no snacks, wine, etc. not being able to find anyone to speak to and only recording on phone we put our luggage in room and walked out to find another hotel.. We booked the Le Boudior and our friends the Rustic hideaway. The hideaway had a bedroom upstairs, jacuzzi on second level sitting room/pullout sleeper on lower level. The jacuzzi had no rails to hold on to. No way to get in or out? One bathroom on top floor so you had to go through bedroom to get to it. If you were sleeping on the sleeper downstairs, you would have to go upstairs, though the bedroom to use bathroom.

We found bug spray, a hose and other cleaning products by the rear door. The sitting area was dirty and one cushion was even torn. The entrance to the B &B was actually in the rear.
Truly pictures did not even come close to what was really there.
When I finally found the proprietor and told him that the place was not what we were told and thought it would be, he just said he could not return my deposit which was almost $600.00, (which is now in dispute with my bank), because there is a 14 day cancellation policy. I only booked it a couple of days prior? There was nothing on my email to indicate any cancelation policy?
My advise, Stay Away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Nyssba96
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Although I found the pictures online to be deceptive in that they were taken from angles to make everything look bigger ( not uncommon) , and I did not find the property as manicured as described, my main problem with this B&B is that they advertise the Rustc Hideaway as suitable for 4 people. They advertise some highlights as a " private en suite bath" and " private jacuzzi tub". Although looking forward to the tub due to recent back pain, what I found was the tub in full view of the living room, and the bathroom on the second floor loft adjoining the bed. Therefore, if my wife and/or I wanted to use the jacuzzi we would be in full view of my mother who would be sleeping on the pullout couch! Since there was no pool on premises, I did not pack a bathing suit, and this was a jacuzzi, not a hot tub. I have since viewed the room pictures over and over, and question whether the jacuzzi pictured is even in this room because I cannot see the stairs that abut the jacuzzi.

Which brings me to my next two problems. In order to use the bathroom or sink my 84 year old mother would have to climb one small flight of stairs to a landing where the jacuzzi was located, and then a larger flight of stairs to the loft, at night passing next to the bed my wife and I would be sleeping in! Then, on her way down the stairs, with only small night lights (two at most) along the stairs, she could potentially lose her balance and take a header into the jacuzzi! Besides the fact that with her COPD ( chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) she would have to climb these stairs just to use the bathroom or sink. The owner was well aware at booking that there was going to be a third person in the room, so how are the jacuzzi and bathroom considered private??!

There was no one at the reception desk when we arrived, just typed welcome letters containing the room key, so there was no one to talk to about this situation. We subsequently had to make other accommodation arrangements, and when we returned at approximately 3:30 (check-in technically started at 3:00) and spoke to the owner he apologized, but said he could not refund our money because it wasn't within the 15 day cancellation period- we only booked 4 days prior to our visit! My friends who were traveling with us, and were to have stayed in a second room had done the booking online for both rooms, and says that the email confirmation he received did not mention this cancellation policy. He also had 3 telephone conversations with the owner prior to booking because we wanted to make sure these accommodations would meet our needs, and was not informed of this policy or the location of the jacuzzi and bath. I also have not seen this policy stated on their website. Now my friend has to dispute the charges with his credit card company.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank KevinBove
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Best place I have ever stayed in...super clean ...cozy...wine both white and red ...beer...bottle water snacks on all on the house for guests... who does that today ...great owners very friendly ...one of the few places I really look forward to staying at ...Randal

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank 321,688
Reviewed 31 July 2014

1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast was beautiful. It was only a one night stay, I would have "moved in" if possible!!! The cottage has that warm, cozy home away from home feel, beautifully decorated. Breakfast was fabulous!! Looking forward to visiting again when the Craft House is finished!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed in the Tranquility Cottage for our anniversary. Our room was beautiful and had everything we needed. The main house was also just as beautiful.
I have to eat a gluten free diet which I requested in advance for breakfast. It was happily made for me and absolutely delicious.

We also walked a few blocks up the street to have dinner at Lilys on Main which great.

We couldn't be happier with our stay at the 1777 Americana Inn!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The room was beautiful and charming. The breakfast was delicious. We had a wonderful time and will want to go back again. The owners are very nice people. We wished that we would have been able to stay a couple of days instead of just one!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs
Hurst House Bed & Breakfast
Artist's Inn and Gallery
Artist's Inn and Gallery
#1 of 1 in Terre Hill

Been to 1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!