Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ephrata
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Everyone was SO nice and accommodating! They had 3 people working the free breakfast and they did an excellent job. Everything was fully stocked and clean. One of the ladies brought Paper and crayons for the kids. I will be back!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank dltonsmom
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
"Awesome" is one of my favorite words! I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast - all of our Team Members pitch in to make sure things run smoothly on busy mornings, and I am pleased that you noticed our efforts to keep everything clean and plentiful. We love taking care of the kids and the Team enjoys printing out different coloring pages to keep things fun. We are glad you are returning and will see you on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn during a recent visit to Lancaster County. We expected a nice stay being a regular guest of Hampton Inn & Suites, but we were pleasantly surprised by a GREAT staff and a beautiful hotel. I recommend this facility without hesitation!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RNoel11
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate the recommendation, especially from a "regular" of the Hampton Brand. Our staff will be thrilled to be recognized as "great" and we are glad you enjoyed our hotel - we agree it's beautiful and are very proud of it! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Lancaster County.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We were in PA to shop and based on the reviews on here, decided to go with this Hampton Inn as the reviews were excellent. However, we have been a bit disappointed with the experience. Our first problem was that we specifically reserved a king junior suite. Part of our plans for the weekend was that I could visit a lot of the quilt shops in the area. Since my travel companion gets bored easily when quilt shopping, I had promised him that I'd book a suite with sofa so he could watch TV, read etc. in comfort while I shopped. However, when we got here we were told there were no king studio's available and were given a standard king room at the same rate. Considering it was a much smaller room, this seemed a little unfair! But we were told that "sometimes the reservation system doesn't differentiate between king ooms" which seemed like kind of a lam excuse. Also, in other Hampton Inn's there is usually iced water, hot water, coffee and tea available in the lobby throughout the day. They don't provide that here.

On the upside, the hotel is extremely clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast ladies are a hoot! But we are having trouble getting over the fact that the room we reserved was not the room we got.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jhughe39
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Thank you for the compliments on our cleanliness, and I know the breakfast staff will get a kick out of being called a "hoot". I do want to apologize for the confusion with your reservation; if you do not receive the room you reserved, your stay is complimentary according to our 100% Hampton Guarantee. Please contact me directly so I can research what was booked online; the rooms are definitely differentiated by description and if you did not receive what you reserved I will make sure to make it right.

Regarding your remarks about the beverage service - our hotel does have 24-hour coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the breakfast area as does every Hampton Inn hotel - I am not sure how you missed this, but wanted to assure you that it is available around the clock. We even add freshly baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies every night from 6-8 pm! I do hope you will come back and give us the chance to better serve you in the future.
Sebastian, FL
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

We had a lovely spacious king room with a delightful view overlooking the town and distant hills. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast included make-your-own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, hot and cold cereals, biscuits, Danish, fresh fruit and beverages in a cozy breakfast area complete with working fireplace. The hostess was especially welcoming. The only criticism we had was that the entrance was difficult to find and could have better signage from the road.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Cyberyaya
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you so much for calling us "excellent" - a commitment to excellence is what our Team makes everyday! You are among the many Guests who appreciate the magnificent view - as a matter of fact, the local news station put a camera on our roof to show the weather in the valley from that beautiful vantage point. I am also glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast - we think it can't be beat! I am sorry you had trouble locating us; we are in a quaint area of downtown Ephrata and it doesn't allow for large signage - but Guests can program the cross-streets of Spring Garden & Main Streets into their GPS to find us more easily. We hope to see you again on future trips to the area.
Wilkes Barre, PA
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Good experience from reservation to check out. Accommodated three people in one room with a roll in bed. Perfect location for exploring Lancaster and the beautiful countryside.

Breakfast only so-so with very salty oatmeal and lots of garbage due to amount of stryrofoam and plastic used.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank John B
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed our location. I too agree that it is perfect - just north of Lancaster and a few miles from the Pennsylvania Dutch Countryside. I hope you took lots of pictures!

I am sorry you were disappointed with our oatmeal. It's our latest addition to our all-you-can-eat hot breakfast with eggs and make your own waffles everyday. Perhaps next time you can try some toppings - we have cinnamon brown sugar and dried fruit to help sweeten it up.

Breakfast does get quite busy - but I wanted to make sure to clarify that the items you saw in the trash were not plastic or styrofoam. The Hampton Brand is committed to helping to care for our environment, and every Hampton hotel uses sustainable products. We use "Enviroware" at breakfast, which contain no dyes or pigments and show our commitment to "going green." Although the plates and cutlery appear similar to styrofoam and plastic, i am proud to say they are 100% biodegradable.

Thank you for being our Guest - we hope to be your "perfect location" for your next trip to Lancaster County!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The hotel has a room for people who use a wheelchair on the second floor with the only window facing a cement wall with no view or light. Cost is the same as other rooms, but if you you use a wheelchair you will not be able to see out the window. Their "suites" are not as large as a regular hotel room. Management is not sympathetic despite having made a reservation well in advance for a Suite that would accommodate a person who uses a wheelchair. Cant wait to see the other people who use wheelchairs and are occupying the "other" rooms that are wheelchair accessible AND actually have "real" windows at breakfast tomorrow morning. Advice: Drive further and avoid Ephrata if at all possible if you have a disability OR if you want a room priced according to price and value at other hotels. Ephrata sucks....AND where is the "mountain spring"? Plus no decent restaurants close.

Room Tip: Don't come at all if you have a disability.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank equusigns
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
I am disheartened to hear of your disappointment with our hotel, but I am also glad you let our front desk staff and executive housekeeper know so that we could honor our 100% Hampton Guarantee for your stay. They removed the charge for your night's stay per our Brand's commitment to Guest satisfaction. I researched your reservation and spoke with my Team concerning your stay and would like to address your concerns.

Our hotel is in full compliance with ADA guidelines and all of our accessible rooms are set up to provide maximum space and comfort for our Guests with limitations. The room you were originally assigned was such a room and was given per your request on your reservation which you made online on May 3rd. We have three rooms of this type (two queens accessible), one on each floor, and the 2nd floor room does have a partially blocked view from the Hampton portico; this was the only accessible double-queen room left upon your arrival. Our hotel is sold out almost every night and it is not always possible to change rooms, but I understand we were able to move you across the hall to a room with a lovely view of downtown Ephrata.

There may have been some confusion as to the reservation you made online, which was for a room with two queens, accessible. We do not physically have a two-queen suite (standard or accessible) on property, and I understand that you were shown the king studio suites but you did not prefer the layout. The double queen room you were moved to was smaller than the one you reserved since it was not an accessible room.

As a side note, the "Mountain Springs" in our name pays homage to the historic property that was on our site. It was originally built in 1848 as a summer resort, capitalizing on its natural spring water, and hosted a variety of high-profile guests including Presidents Grant, Lincoln and Buchanan. We are proud to showcase this in our name as a testament to the history of our hotel site and I apologize if this caused you any misunderstanding.

Our Guarantee is the foundation of our Brand's success, and it reads "Friendly service, clean rooms, comfortable surroundings, every time. If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay.
That's our commitment & your guarantee. That's 100% Hampton." Because you were not completely satisfied, you did not pay for your stay. Should you pass this way again, please contact me directly and I will make sure you get an accessible queen room on a higher floor with no blocked view. I also urge you to give both us and Applebee's another chance as we are both award-winning properties within our Brand. There are also several delightful local restaurants within walking distance; and Lancaster County is known for our great home cooking. We have a dining guide at the front desk with our personal recommendations - good food is not in short supply in our area.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to honor our Guarantee, and we hope to better serve you in the future.
Ephrata
Reviewed 18 April 2012

From the time of reservation until we left, the service was outstanding. The two ladies at breakfast would keep the entire breakfast area clean and filled to capacity with food. They were literally running around the entire 4 hours that breakfast was available. Mints were provided to us each morning as well as coloring pages for the kids. The hospitality was exceptional. This was also the case for the front desk. The front desk insured that we were satisfied and happy at all times. The rooms and entire hotel was clean and the cleanliness was maintained during the entire stay. The Hampton and Hilton business offices should use this hotel as an example of what a hotel staff should do at all times. I hope they ALL get rewarded for their exceptional efforts. Thank you Hampton Inn of Ephrata! If we are ever in the area, we will stay at your hotel again. I have never said that before.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim T
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Wow - "best" and 'ever" in the title - what a great compliment! I am glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast - it's our best amenity and it's FREE for all of our Guests. I will make sure to put your comments in my hotel newsletter - our breakfast Team will appreciate the special recognition for their efforts in keeping everything clean and stocked! Your praise of our entire Team is very much appreciated, and we would be honored to be used as a 'training hotel" (-: as you suggested.

We would also be honored to have you back again, since that is not something you have done before - that is the biggest compliment you can give us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Eden Resort & Suites, BW Premier Collection
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs? Share your experiences!