“Best Hotel And Customer Service In The Area”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ephrata
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reno
“Best Hotel And Customer Service In The Area”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

The staff at this hotel are very accomodating. They truly make you feel special as a guest. I've stayed at this hotel many times and the serrvice is always the same, no matter who is at the front desk, preparing breakfast, etc. The special tokens of appreciation they provide to their honor members are commendable.
The rooms are always spotless, clean towels are provided daily, even if you don't request room service they leave them outside your door.
They go above and beyond to make their guests feel appreciated!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Alice J
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
I love your review. I am so very proud of our Team - who have led us to our 7th "Lighthouse Award" from Hilton Worldwide for being ranked in the top 5% of the entire Hampton Inn & Suites Brand. I am glad their commitment to excellence every day resulted in your calling us the "best hotel and customer service" with "spotless" rooms. This is something we strive for every single day! Thank you again for the kind words and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Ephrata.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We were in Ephrata for a funeral and stayed at the Hampton because relatives there said it was the best hotel in the area. The staff was fantastic! When we checked in the clerk politely asked what had brought us to town. We said a funeral and she immediately gave us the bereavement rate. Imagine our surprise when later on we received a sympathy card from the hotel. This is a beautiful hotel which has just been remodeled. Our king suite was very clean and well furnished with a desk, coffee table, sofa bed and sink/bar area which included a microwave and refrigerator. The continental breakfast is served in a huge well appointed, comfortable room. There is an incredible selection of quality food both hot and cold to choose from. Coffee and tea is always available in the lobby. We look forward to staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jean W
I am sorry to hear what brought you to our area. I am glad our staff expressed our condolences on your loss. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and call us "the best hotel you've stayed in for a long time" - it is quite a compliment. We hope to see you in the future under better circumstances.
Millsboro
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stay at this hotel whenever traveling to the Ephrata area, 5 to 6 times each year. The staff is always very friendly, making the check in/out process simple and quick, and they always go one step beyond in making you feel welcome. The facility is always extremely clean and in great shape.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ron O
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for calling us top notch - we love that! So glad to hear that you are a regular Guest and that our Team goes the extra mile to keep you coming back! See you again soon.
Maryland
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I spent two nights at this Hampton Inn to attend a wedding nearby. The wedding party and many of the guests stayed here. I managed to arrive fairly early to try to beat bad weather and was promptly given the room I reserved -- a king suite. The room was very clean and comfortable, with a sofa bed, desk and bar area. Bad weather hit as soon as I arrived and I watched out the window as cars and trucks failed to make it up the hill. An Applebee's is right next door, so we didn't have to drive anywhere in the snow to have dinner the first night. There are other places to eat in town and the staff is helpful in helping you decide where to go.

The breakfast is served in the largest breakfast room I have ever seen in any Hampton Inn. The food was fresh and hot, and there was a good variety, with oatmeal, dry cereal, eggs and ham or sausage when I was there, lots of fresh fruit, assorted breads and pastries, yogurt, juice, etc. The coffee is always set up in the lobby so that you can access it at any time, so it's a hike from where the breakfast food is set out to where the coffee is.

The staff -- front desk, breakfast area and housekeepers -- was extremely pleasant and helpful. They seem to truly enjoy working there. The lobby is welcoming, with a gas fireplace burning when I arrived on a snowy day. There is a heated indoor pool, which is a little small, but the kids in our group were in it constantly. There is a workout area, but I didn't see it. There are computers along one wall in the breakfast seating area.

Trying to find the entrance to the hotel is a little tricky. Even though the address is on Main Street (and my GPS said it was on the left, when it is on the right from the west), you have to turn at the light at Spring Garden St. and then take an immediate left into the parking lot. The hotel sits on a hill and has a beautiful view over the valley below.

The only negative comment I have is that the heater in the room was extremely noisy. I had to turn the volume up on the TV when it came on and then immediately turn the volume down when the heater went off.

I look forward to coming back to visit later in the season in better weather. There are many antique shops in Adamstown, not far away. I would definitely stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Ephrata again.

Room Tip: I had an odd-numbered room which overlooked the front of the hotel and the road leading to it. The r...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank AnnaSoo
I am glad to hear you had a happy weekend - for such a happy occasion! Your stay was definitely on one of the more challenging weather days. Applebee's is certainly a blessing being right next door when it snows! Breakfast is our most favorite part of the day - and our newly renovated lobby is a great place to enjoy it - I am pleased you found it so spacious!

I understand your concern about the heater - the units in the room cycle on & off depending on the setting, but it shouldn't be loud enough to keep you awake. If it does, please call the front desk and we will fix it or change your room.

Your review was so thorough - thank you for helping our future Guests with the detail you provided. Do come and see us when the weather improves, and request a room with a view so that you can enjoy the view of the valley with flowers instead of snow!
new jersey
Reviewed 23 January 2013

If you are looking for a friendly hotel that goes above and beyond, then this is the place to stay! The staff here are incredible. From the moment we walked in Matt behind the desk was friendly, joking with us and accommodating in every way. I forgot my shower cap so I asked the desk for one. I wish I knew the woman's name that helped me because she looked for a shower cap and when she realized the hotel was out of them, she actually went out and bought me one! The last day we also dealt with Diana, who also went above and beyond in making sure the guests were taken care of. The people who work here are truly unbelievably welcoming. The place is also nice and clean with a decent hot breakfast along with the typical fair.

I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank wannatravelnow
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Calling us "the best place to stay" is quite an honor! And thank you for the kind words about our Team - Matt and Lyjanka (the woman who got your shower cap) certainly make me proud. I appreciate your kinds words about me as well - we all love what we do and I am glad you noticed. Hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Nothing to complain about. Good service. Good breakfast. Clean bed. Chili's next door was good after a long day of work and driving. The breakfast was small, but it was better than not having anything to eat .

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank weevinweaver
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
"Very Happy" is how we like our Guests! Glad you enjoyed your stay. The restaurant next door is actually Applebee's and many of our Guests appreciate that it's so close by. I am sorry you found the breakfast to be small - with hot eggs every day, oatmeal, make your own waffles and lots of cereals and yogurt and danishes, we think it's a great offering. You may have stayed during renovations when we had to serve breakfast in our small meeting room, which is why it may have appeared smaller than usual - but our brand-new breakfast & lobby area are quite striking and I hope you will have the chance to stay again soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This is the first time we stayed at a Hampton Inn. I can only hope that all Hampton Inns are like this one. Our check in was easy, very nice front desk staff. We stayed for two nights, one of them being Christmas Eve. Even though the staff was working on a holiday, everyone we talked to was friendly and helpful. The room was super clean and had a nice view of town. The bed and pillows were comfy and there was a charger unit next to the bed that had a USB and several outlets. That was a nice touch and came in handy. Another nice touch was the candy cane on our door from Santa on Christmas morning.

We did not eat the continental breakfast, as there was not hot food available due to some kitchen incident. We did have some coffee which was, well, undrinkable. But that won't stop me from recommending this hotel. We will definitely stay here when we are back in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank schwen9
I am thrilled that your first Hampton experience was a positive one, in spite of the hot breakfast being unavailable (the oven caught fire and we had to wait until after the holiday to repair it). I know coffee can be a very personal taste - some of our Guests absolutely love our coffee - but the good news is that soon we will have a Starbucks just a mile down the road for those who prefer an alternative. Since we are the #1 Hampton Inn & Suites in the state (and #8 in the whole country!) not everyone will be just like us - but the Brand is dependable and each hotel has its own local flavor. I am glad that Santa made it again this year with his round candy canes to hang on doors- not sure how he gets in as we have no chimney, but he has his ways. We hope to have you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#6 of 39 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs? Share your experiences!