Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs
US$62
US$182
US$177
Priceline
Comfort Inn Amish Country(New Holland)(Great Value!)
US$125
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgreat hotelgreen dragonapplebee's restaurantcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areawould stay here againfront desk stafflancaster countyroom was clean and comfortablecookieswafflesshort driveamish countryhome away from homeindoor poolephraiminns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We were warmly greeted on our arrival and our room was large and well-appointed. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean. The light in the bathroom was dim at first and took a while to brighten. The bathtub drain would not close. The heater was noisy, and the rain dripping from the windows was loud and annoying.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank P R
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for your review, and for the high marks in spite of the glitches you experienced. "Clean and comfortable" are two of our favorite words!

The lightbulb in the bathrooms is an energy -efficient design - it does take a little while to get to full capacity, but is part of our efforts to be "greener" - I did not want you to think there was a malfunction. The bathtub drain and heater is something we can address, and will stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for your stay. We want every Guest to be completely satisfied with their stay.

We have had some less than desirable weather this winter and I am sorry the rain was annoying - I certainly agree and am ready for Spring! Please come again the next time you are in the area and give us a chance to provide a "glitch free" stay.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

The staff at this hotel are very accomodating. They truly make you feel special as a guest. I've stayed at this hotel many times and the serrvice is always the same, no matter who is at the front desk, preparing breakfast, etc. The special tokens of appreciation they provide to their honor members are commendable.
The rooms are always spotless, clean towels are provided daily, even if you don't request room service they leave them outside your door.
They go above and beyond to make their guests feel appreciated!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Alice J

I love your review. I am so very proud of our Team - who have led us to our 7th "Lighthouse Award" from Hilton Worldwide for being ranked in the top 5% of the entire Hampton Inn & Suites Brand. I am glad their commitment to excellence every day resulted in your calling us the "best hotel and customer service" with "spotless" rooms. This is something we strive for every single day! Thank you again for the kind words and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Ephrata.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We were in Ephrata for a funeral and stayed at the Hampton because relatives there said it was the best hotel in the area. The staff was fantastic! When we checked in the clerk politely asked what had brought us to town. We said a funeral and she immediately gave us the bereavement rate. Imagine our surprise when later on we received a sympathy card from the hotel. This is a beautiful hotel which has just been remodeled. Our king suite was very clean and well furnished with a desk, coffee table, sofa bed and sink/bar area which included a microwave and refrigerator. The continental breakfast is served in a huge well appointed, comfortable room. There is an incredible selection of quality food both hot and cold to choose from. Coffee and tea is always available in the lobby. We look forward to staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jean W

I am sorry to hear what brought you to our area. I am glad our staff expressed our condolences on your loss. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and call us "the best hotel you've stayed in for a long time" - it is quite a compliment. We hope to see you in the future under better circumstances.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stay at this hotel whenever traveling to the Ephrata area, 5 to 6 times each year. The staff is always very friendly, making the check in/out process simple and quick, and they always go one step beyond in making you feel welcome. The facility is always extremely clean and in great shape.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ron O
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you for calling us top notch - we love that! So glad to hear that you are a regular Guest and that our Team goes the extra mile to keep you coming back! See you again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I spent two nights at this Hampton Inn to attend a wedding nearby. The wedding party and many of the guests stayed here. I managed to arrive fairly early to try to beat bad weather and was promptly given the room I reserved -- a king suite. The room was very clean and comfortable, with a sofa bed, desk and bar area. Bad weather hit as soon as I arrived and I watched out the window as cars and trucks failed to make it up the hill. An Applebee's is right next door, so we didn't have to drive anywhere in the snow to have dinner the first night. There are other places to eat in town and the staff is helpful in helping you decide where to go.

The breakfast is served in the largest breakfast room I have ever seen in any Hampton Inn. The food was fresh and hot, and there was a good variety, with oatmeal, dry cereal, eggs and ham or sausage when I was there, lots of fresh fruit, assorted breads and pastries, yogurt, juice, etc. The coffee is always set up in the lobby so that you can access it at any time, so it's a hike from where the breakfast food is set out to where the coffee is.

The staff -- front desk, breakfast area and housekeepers -- was extremely pleasant and helpful. They seem to truly enjoy working there. The lobby is welcoming, with a gas fireplace burning when I arrived on a snowy day. There is a heated indoor pool, which is a little small, but the kids in our group were in it constantly. There is a workout area, but I didn't see it. There are computers along one wall in the breakfast seating area.

Trying to find the entrance to the hotel is a little tricky. Even though the address is on Main Street (and my GPS said it was on the left, when it is on the right from the west), you have to turn at the light at Spring Garden St. and then take an immediate left into the parking lot. The hotel sits on a hill and has a beautiful view over the valley below.

The only negative comment I have is that the heater in the room was extremely noisy. I had to turn the volume up on the TV when it came on and then immediately turn the volume down when the heater went off.

I look forward to coming back to visit later in the season in better weather. There are many antique shops in Adamstown, not far away. I would definitely stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Ephrata again.

Room Tip: I had an odd-numbered room which overlooked the front of the hotel and the road leading to it. The rooms on the other side overlooking the Applebee's might be quieter but I had no problem with noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank AnnaSoo

I am glad to hear you had a happy weekend - for such a happy occasion! Your stay was definitely on one of the more challenging weather days. Applebee's is certainly a blessing being right next door when it snows! Breakfast is our most favorite part of the day - and our newly renovated lobby is a great place to enjoy it - I am pleased you found it so spacious!

I understand your concern about the heater - the units in the room cycle on & off depending on the setting, but it shouldn't be loud enough to keep you awake. If it does, please call the front desk and we will fix it or change your room.

Your review was so thorough - thank you for helping our future Guests with the detail you provided. Do come and see us when the weather improves, and request a room with a view so that you can enjoy the view of the valley with flowers instead of snow!