“Hilltop is old style gathering hole”
Review of Hill Top Inn

Hill Top Inn
Ranked #18 of 78 Restaurants in Ephrata
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Cheap drinks, interesting people and standard food all make this a reliable watering hole in the area. It has a local, hometown feel but is welcoming to visitors.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Service was less than average. Seems to be more of a local bar, you would have thought that they would be interested in making some money off of people that are from out of town. Instead they made you feel like you were bothering them. What they have going is that there are no other bars around. That could explain why they dont really care. At least we were able to watch the Heat game. I would not return

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My fiancé and I tried Hilltop after reading several positive reviews. However, this place was a huge disappointment. My fiancé had the Spanish Rice Bowl with shrimp (she's a vegetarian). Three bites in, she could hardly take another bite - the rice was over cooked and had an offensive aftertaste. The side of fries she ordered tasted like they were cooked in several-week old fryer oil. I had the special - baby back ribs...but there was nothing special about them aside from their gray color. Most of the fat was left on - clearly they don't know how to prepare spare ribs.

By the end of the meal, we were just ready to leave, especially since all we could hear (over the sounds of our upset stomachs) was obnoxious locals blathering about their tedious lives.

You can't judge a book by it's cover normally, but I was ready to burn this book halfway through. From the outside, I wasn't sure if it was a restaurant or a crack house. After eating there, I'm still not sure.

The one positive of this place was the service. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive.

Based on the other reviews, my fiancé and I had high expectations that this might be our go-to place in the neighborhood. Our search continues. Avoid this place like the plague!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This place is not much to look at from the outside. Just to prove to you that looks can be deceiving. From first glance you would stay away, but a local resident recommended this place and it did not disappoint. Food and service was excellent.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have eaten at the Hilltop many times. Most the time I have a club sandwich with soup. The Hilltop seems to always have a choice of three soups. I always enjoy whatever soup I choose. This time I had the Beef Tips with vegetables prepared in Peanut Oil. I really enjoyed it. The wait staff is always friendly. Making you feel at home!