“It's ok”
Review of Javateas

Javateas
Ranked #16 of 76 Restaurants in Ephrata
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I will go to Javateas to grab a latte and a bagel. The employees are nice and friendly, they're not the most knowledgable, but i've never had a bad cup of coffee. I've seen the food and it doesn't make me want to try it, but others seem happy with the menu items.

There are newer reviews for Javateas

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have a real love-hate relationship with this place. It's the only decent coffee place in Ephrata, so I keep going back - but with periodic interruptions because I get fed up with the attitude. I always leave with a great cup of coffee, but feeling like I've imposed on them. No idea who the regular morning barista is (although I think she's either the owner, or related to the owner), but around our house, she's known as "grumpy girl". In the 3 or 4 years I've frequented Javateas, I've never seen her smile, not even once. I'm usually solo, but brought a friend with me on one occasion last month, and my friend's comment was "Good coffee, but she doesn't look very happy". I normally prefer to support independently owned, local businesses, but if Starbucks - or pretty much any other decent coffee place - ever opens in this area, I'd never look back.

1  Thank CaroleeC
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Walked in in the afternoon really needing some coffee and a pastry. Person behind the counter looked bored and kind of miffed I came in. I ordered the coffee and asked a question about the pastries got an answer like I was dumb to dare to ask a question. Got the feel this is a homer place. If they know you okay if not why are you here. Then to top it off coffee was luke warm at best and pastry was dull and card board like. Please do not go there.

Reviewed 28 May 2011

I was driving on 272 and saw a tiny sign along the road that pictured a panini and said Javateas, whatever that is. It was enough to spark my interest. My husband and I went in there and got a frozen hot chocolate and two paninis. They were really good! It sure is in an awkward location, but the food and the atmosphere are so pleasantly alien to anything I've seen in this area. It's not the traditionally bland food you'll find in this region, but something out of Philly or some other major city, off the main drag. Great food and can't wait to try another panini!