Historic Smithton Inn
US$154
US$160
1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast(Ephrata)(Great Value!)
US$134
ComfortInn
US$99
Orbitz.com
US$62
All reviewsworking fireplacesage roomlancaster countymodern amenitiesthe blue roomdave gallagherbed and breakfastfresh fruitlarge bathroomamish countrybreakfast was deliciousjacuzzi tubfrench toastfirst floorrelaxing weekenda wonderful staynew owners
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Stayed here recently for 5 days in the Crimson Dove Suite
Room was lovely - best sleep I've had in ages
Location is great - really to get to all of the local attractions
Best part of the stay was meeting Rebecca and Dave. They guided me to local places - even showing me back-routes . And what can I say about Rebecca's cooking - what amazing breakfasts. Would go back in a heartbeat

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank 64cbw
Reviewed 1 May 2011

For our 20th wedding anniversary, I bought my wife a trip to Amish country. The experience would not have been nearly as memorable if not for innkeepers Dave and Rebecca Gallagher. They not only provided a wonderful place to stay, but also allowed us to make the most of each moment by telling us the best places to go, directions on how to get there, and who to speak with.

When they learned I liked a fire, each evening there was a firelog waiting in my room. Also, Rebecca took time to let my daughter cook meals with her. Finally, they arranged for us to have dinner at an Amish family's home.

They booked us in their finest room. Accommodations were great and the gourmet breakfasts were the best I've had on vacation.

If you are staying in Central Pennsylvania or looking to book an Amish vacation, staying at the Historic Smithton Inn needs to be part of your plans.

Room Tip: Simply ask Dave or Rebecca for their finest room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank bsadodd
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We stayed at this inn to break up a long trip to eastern Pennsylvania, and what a charming surprise! Not only was our room enormous, with a bed big enough to accomodate my 6'8" husband, but it was quiet and comfortable. The next morning we enjoyed chatting with the gracious innkeeper, who gave us directions to local attractions. She also made a spectacular breakfast for us, adding salsa to our breakfast plates for these transplanted Texans. Staying at the Smithton was the highlight of an interesting stay in Amish country, and we'll go back.

Room Tip: all beds are queens save one--ask for it
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank liz924
Reviewed 16 March 2011

The Inn has just been renovated. The rooms are clean! The food is amazing! And the staff bends over backwards to make your stay memorable! We'll be back!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShannonY
Reviewed 2 March 2011

My husband and I had our second stay at the Smithton and treasured our time there. The pre-Revolutionary historic inn is filled with ambience - original flooring in the kitchen, some of the crossbeams preserved in the living room, etc. Every room has a private bath and fireplace. The location is convenient to visit the Amish country, and Ephrata itself has several charming restaurants, venues, etc. The proprietors of the Smithton, Rebecca and Dave, could not be more welcoming. They have compiled a "before" and "after" book of their improvements to the decor, furnishings, etc., and they have excellent taste in preserving the historic integrity of the inn. Add to it that Rebecca is a gourmet cook, and her breakfasts are like none other that we experienced in B & B's we have visited nationally and internationally. Put the Smithton on your "must visit" list; you need a reservation, however, as the place is often full. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple