Historic Smithton Inn
Orbitz.com
US$62
US$246
US$230
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsworking fireplacesage roomlancaster countymodern amenitiesthe blue roomdave gallagherbed and breakfastfresh fruitlarge bathroomamish countrybreakfast was deliciousjacuzzi tubfrench toastfirst floorrelaxing weekenda wonderful staynew owners
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Had to run, and boy did we luck out. My ex husband to be and I ran off to this incredible little inn near lancaster. My favorite thing were the sheets. I kid you not, I have never felt anything softer in my life. Then the size of the room. There was room to walk, for that matter I could have jumped rope. Not often seen in a B and B. The hostess with the most Rebecca went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect for us.

There is plenty to do to keep you busy in the area, and she will help you with whatever you need. It is nice to see someone doing what they love to do. That actually was the best part of all.

Room Tip: The Red White and Blue decor room looked bigger..but our chocolate room was great
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank dressedlikeastar
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We just returned from a second stay at the Historic Smithton Inn. What a wonderful experience. So much more relaxing than a large hotel. Rebecca's breakfasts were even more delicious than I had remembered. Peach stuffed french toast!! She is a master of the local, seasonal ingredients. I highly recommend the Inn to anyone coming to this charming part of Pennsylvania.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We have stayed at the Historic Smithton Inn now four times.
The innkeepers, Rebecca and Dave are always friendly and so helpful.
Breakfasts are consistently delicious, often made with organic ingredients.
When our truck broke down, the Innkeepers couldn't have been more helpful. They drove us to the repair shop, and offered to help in any way they could.
I was so amazed that they would even cater to my allergies by washing my sheets in ALL FREE and CLEAR!
We always stay at the Smithton...everywhere else I have to take my own sheets!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Another great trip to The Smithton! We've been vacationing at the Smithton for 4 years now, and it gets better with each year. They're fantastic, the breakfasts are wonderful, and I never sleep better than at The Smithton. If you've never been to a bed and breakfast, give it a try. It's the only way to go. It's a great place to stay. They're the best!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I loved this inn, and from the moment my friend and I walked through the door, Rebecca made us feel welcome. This old, historic building is lovingly maintained. We stayed in the Sage Room--quite large and beautifully appointed, including a fireplace, hand-carved headboard and two comfortable leather chairs. We had a small refrigerator in the closet, and snacks were left on a tray in the room, together with two wine glasses. Breakfast was a special treat as Rebecca loves to cook. In addition to several kinds of juices, granola, and other breakfast cereals, we had some wonderful muffins fresh out of the oven to accompany the fresh fruit and breakfast entree. Dave provided us with a map so that we could navigate our way to Intercourse and Bird-in-Hand, PA which was a real step back in time. If you ever travel to Ephrata, PA, this Inn is the place to stay!

Room Tip: The Sage Room is on the first floor with an entrance from the driveway if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends