“Stay at the cottage!”

Historic Smithton Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Ephrata B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 November 2013

A dear friend and I stayed at the cottage attached to the Inn. We each had our own floor and privacy, plus the main house for great, indulgent breakfasts in the dining room and late night hot chocolate and home made cookies in overstuffed chairs by the fireplace in the living room. Comfort, warmth, friendship ... what a delight!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
HistoricSmithton, Owner at Historic Smithton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay in the Tailor's Cottage... you're right, it's PERFECT for a girl friend getaway where you can stay together, but still have your own space. And I'm glad you liked breakfast, because I LOVE cooking... so having guests stay with us who want to eat what I cook is the BEST thing ever!!! Hope to see you again soon!!

There are newer reviews for Historic Smithton Inn

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just returned from a fabulous girls weekend. We stayed in the Blue Room, the Red Room and the Crimson Dove Room. All were beautifully decorated, historic style touches but comfortable modern amenities. The Crimson Dove Room is the largest and has a lovely sitting area in front of the fireplace (all rooms have them!). Rebecca and Dave, the innkeepers, are so friendly and informative but never intrusive and Lucky, the Inn dog, is completely laid back. The breakfasts were simply amazing, homemade Italian herb bread, muffins one day, strawberry bread the next. In addition Rebecca prepares a hot entree, first morning we had egg "cups" with country ham and cheese, the next day crunchy French toast with berries and whipped cream and sausages. Oh yes and fresh fruit both days! Whew, you will be full. We all wished we could stay longer. The inn is in the non-touristy side of the Lancaster area but easy drive to everything and on the back roads you will see the true Amish hard at work in the fields. Don't miss going to the Ephrata Cloister about a mile down the road.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bobbi232

We're so glad you enjoyed your girlfriend getaway to Ephrata!! We agree, one of the things we like about our town is that it's close to everything, but not "overrun". And of course I'm REALLY glad you liked our breakfasts because I love cooking them for you. And we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others... if it helps other FUN folks like you guys find us, we're very happy!!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

was a very pleasant experience........well kept inn with great rooms. breakfast was excellent ! would recommend as a weekend getaway or vacation .
innkeepers were very helpful and courteous.

the inn was in a central location that was good for visiting all the areas around the lancaster pa. area. not too far out to go to all the attractions and points of interest in the area.

Room Tip: we enjoyed our stay in the chocolate room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Like you, one of our favorite things about Ephrata is the proximity to everything in the county... and I love that you can choose between the "quick-easy-highway-drive", or the "gorgeous-winding-backroads-drive" to get where you need to go. Hope you find an excuse to come back this way again... there's LOTS more to see and do than you could possibly fit in a weekend!!!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our only regret is that we booked just one night. Rebecca is an amazing host - warm, welcoming, made us feel right at home. Spacious, immaculate room, supremely comfortable bed, DVD library was an especially nice touch. Generous, creative, flavorful breakfast. Hard to believe that this was the least expensive B&B that we stayed in during our two-week road trip around the Northeast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WillowdaleCowboy

Thank you SO much for your great review!! I'm glad you enjoyed and appreciated all the amenities and touches throughout the Inn... especially the DVD collection... I'll definitely be referring to this review next time my hubs says I'm buying too many DVDs!!! :o). We hope you'll come back again when you can stay longer... as you noticed with our breakfasts... in Lancaster County it's "all about the food"... and there are lots of great local restaurants I think you'd enjoy!!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed four nights at this lovely B&B, and both of us agree that it is top notch. Our room and bath were very clean, spacious, and comfortable, and the full breakfasts each morning were so delicious and filling that we skipped lunch each day! Add to that a welcoming innkeeper (Rebecca), who obviously wanted us to be comfortable and to feel at home, and we have every reason to return in the future, which we will!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PAT G

YEAH!!! I have lots of favorite things about being an Innkeeper, but one of my favorites is that I get to meet the most interesting people... and if I'm really really lucky... they come BACK! I'm so glad that that's your plan! However much you enjoyed staying in our spacious rooms, eating our yummy food and enjoying Lancaster County, we enjoyed hosting, feeding, and talking with YOU just as much! We look forward to seeing you guys again soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed 3 nights and it made all the difference for our trip. Rooms are wonderful and huge gourmet breakfast was a great start to busy days. Rebecca and Dave are genial and helpful hosts. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

I'm so glad we were able to get your day off to a delicious start! And thanks so much for sharing your experience at our B&B!! We look forward to seeing you again soon !!! :o)

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed for just one night...my friends and family visiting from Germany--we all would highly recommend Historic Smithton Inn on your next Lancaster visit! Innkeepers/owners.. Dave and Rebecca have outdone themselves in sprucing up the Inn..our rooms were off the hook gorgeous, so so clean, and cozy comfy beds (with bedding that makes you melt to sleep!). My family and friends that were with me and I can not say enough about their cooking and hospitality. AND...awesome location and they were able to help us put together an itinerary for our trek through Lancaster. Thank you again Dave and Rebecca!!! ..we'll be back next year!!! :D!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Charz609

It was SO fun hosting you and your family during your whirlwind visit to Lancaster County... I'm glad to hear you''ll be coming back because there's LOTS more to see, so I look forward to helping you discover even more of our wonderful area! And of course I'm REALLY glad you enjoyed breakfast because that's one of my favorite things about being an innkeeper... I LOVE to cook, so I'm always thrilled when someone likes what I cook!!! Looking forward to your return trip!! ~ Rebecca

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Hurst House Bed & Breakfast
1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast
EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast
Artist's Inn and Gallery
Artist's Inn and Gallery
#1 of 1 in Terre Hill

Been to Historic Smithton Inn? Share your experiences!