“maureen b." The Best"”

Historic Smithton Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Ephrata B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my cousins and I once in a lifetime trip, and the Smithton Inn completed it wonderfully,it was clean, comfortable,the best breakfast and so welcoming.Rebecka the Inn keeper was great. can't wait to come again. Maureen and Pat from Texas

2  Thank 1211tuff
HistoricSmithton, Owner at Historic Smithton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Hey Maureen!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! That you plan to come back again all the way from Texas means the world to us! We look forward to that day :o)!!!

Take care & see ya'll soon!!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We just spent two delightful nights in the chocolate room of this wonderful inn. The owners, especially Rebecca are very cordial and helpful. Very rarely do I find someone who understands what "vegetarian" means, so I was happy (delighted rather) to find a host who exactly understood what my dietary needs were. I was travelling with my parents, and Rebecca was more than willing to accommodate any special needs (including last minute requests) they had. The room itself was neat, although our room was on the busier side, so there was some noise in the early hours of the evening, but nothing that would stop me from staying in this room again. The room was tastefully done, and ours also had a fireplace that tempted me to come back in Winter!!! We were welcomed to complimentary snacks, coffee/tea,home-made cookies and water... which was a nice personal touch. Logistically, this place is not too far from all the main attractions in the area, though it is not in the middle of "farmlands" as such either. All in all, I felt very welcome, secure and happy while I stayed there and enjoyed my quite evenings in their well manicured lawn. Rebecca also gave us some very nice suggestions for things to do, and I absolutely have fallen in love with her Strawberry Rhubarb Jam and her baked oatmeal. Definitely going there again, and recommending this place to all my friends. I am going to get the Tailors Cottage the next time around, just because I like the feel of having a personal patio, which the cottage seemed to have.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HistoricSmithton, Owner at Historic Smithton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Thank so much for your kind and informative review. You really captured everything we strive to provide our guests in terms of experience, service & hospitality... THANKS! And we're glad we were able to easily accommodate your special requests.

We look forward to seeing you on future visits...and I agree, the Tailor's Cottage & its private patio are very special!

All the best,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Inn is absolutely beautiful. We were traveling with our dog, and this wonderful place is dog friendly. It has one room set aside for dogs, as it has its own entrance, so we grabbed it. What a pleasant surprise to find an entire apartment. It was adorable. Two floors with a lovely living room, kitchen, screened porch on the first floor, and a beautiful bedroom and spacious bathroom (with jacuzzi) on the second floor. They even served our breakfast in our room. The Inn did not disappoint. Upon arrival I was disappointed it was on a main road, but once in the lodge, you did not feel it at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

It's so nice to read your review and have guests enjoy our property as much as we do. And we especially enjoy being able to accommodate dog owners in such a wonderful room (the Tailor's Cottage). As dog lovers ourselves, we're glad we have such a great space for 4-legged guests and their owners!

While it can at first appear to be unfortunate that the Historic Smithton Inn, a colonial stage coach stop 250 years ago, is located on a main intersection... our thick stone walls and tightly sealed double paned windows do a fantastic job of blocking out the majority of street sounds.

Thanks and we hope to see you again someday!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just spent a couple delightful nights at the Historic Smithton Inn (1763) in Ephrata Pa. The accomodations were clean spacious and comfortable . Our Innkeper host Rebecca was cordial very well informed about the surrounds and provided a spectacular breakfast both days we were there . The decor of the inn was in keeping with the age of the house and warmly inviting as a place to relax and imagine life in a time long ago . Coffee and delightful cookies available for a late night snack is a nice plus as was "lucky " The friendly old dog !
Our visit was everything we hoped it would be and we look for the possibility of another visit at some point ! lancaster County Pa. is a wonderful place to visit especially in summer and fall.
Sam & Joy BAKER

Room Tip: Our rooom on the first floor "Sage" was at the back of the property , quiet, well placed s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HistoricSmithton, Owner at Historic Smithton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2015

Hello Sam & Joy!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and Lancaster County in general... we're big fans of this area ourselves and agree, Summer & Fall are especially popular times of year to visit... especially with all the festivals, fairs and outdoor concerts scheduled just about EVERY weekend... we hope to see you back this way again!

All the best,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here for a weekend and it was an excellent experience!!! Cleanliness, friendly, great breakfast, and hospitality!!!!! Will definitely go back! Lucky the dog was an added bonus!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chocolate room and the dark colors made it more relaxing and enjoyable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We're SO glad that you enjoyed your stay with us... and Lucky was glad you chose to stay with US... she loves the attention of doting guests like you guys!! We ALL hope you'll come back this way again!!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I spent the past 4th of July weekend with my family(wife and a 6 year old son) in the Smithon Inn in Ephrata. We had very relaxing time in this historic yet beautifully restored and conveniently located inn. All rooms seem to have colored theme and ours was the "Red Room". The inn itself had a personal feeling of being in a neighbor's home with all the modern necessities and was immaculately clean. Breakfasts were well proportioned and high-level. The innkeeper and her colleague were both very friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding areas. They even setup a separate bed for my son sensibly during our absence. The location of the inn was an added plus. It's near the main road leading to both the country side and the downtown Lititz and Lancaster. I would repeat and recommend it to others without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I'm so glad you enjoyed your 4th of July getaway with us! Everything you mention in your review are JUST what we're aiming for... homey, clean, great amenities & service, delicious breakfasts... I'm glad we were able to hit the mark!

Hope to see you again sometime soon!

All the best!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I had a very enjoyable few days at the Smithton Inn. Rebecca was awesome in helping us figure out things to do while we were there. The breakfast every morning was superb made from local ingredients. I would definitely stay there again. Thanks so much and look forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs
Hurst House Bed & Breakfast
1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast
EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast
Bird-in-Hand Village Inn & Suites

Been to Historic Smithton Inn? Share your experiences!