“Great waterfront location”

Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Erie
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We only stayed one night on our way to Niagara Falls but we could have stayed longer. Rooms were well apponinted and clean.The hotel does not seem to have a bad room view. One side faces the bay and the other side faces a marina. Both are nice views. There were plenty of salboats to view on the water while we had a drink right outside the bar bayside. The breakfast (not inlcuded but wirht the money) was chef caliber. My omelete was stuffed with grilled asparagus and was yummy. The USS Niagara was docked right outside and we really enjoyed stolling over to see such a neat piece of history.

1  Thank Lakesoul
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and pleased to hear you were able to experience our award winning restaurant The Bayfront Grille. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Whenever we visit friends in Erie, we choose the Sheraton. Rooms are nicely appointed, view of the lake is nice to wake up to, beds are comfortable. The employees are efficient and friendly. We enjoy the lounge area for a drink and snacks and their breakfast is excellent. Only place to stay if you go to Erie!

1  Thank DianeC
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us. We are delighted that we have become your preferred property when traveling to Erie Pa. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This hotel is located on the lake front next door to the convention center. It looks very new. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, although not overly large. The staff was very friendly and the on-site restaurant was excellent. We had a room on the Club floor with a nice view of the lake - lots of sailboat activity outside our window. The bed was great. Overall, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay so much. We are also pleased to hear that you were able to experience our award winning restaurant The Bayfront Grille. We look forward to your next visit and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

What a gorgeous location for this lovely hotel. I had a beautiful view of the Marina which was absolutely wonderful. The boats are docked, the sun was shining on the water and it couldn't have been any better.
The staff was very helpful in answering questions about the area and the hotel in general.
I was on the 3rd floor, the room was very quiet, very comfortable and exceptionally clean.

My only regret was that I only had 1 day to enjoy this gorgeous hotel. I can only hope I work in the area again so I can stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Marina or the Bay. It's nice to have a room on the higher floors...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed you stay. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a longer stay with us.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was at this hotel for an event in the Convention Center and it held it's own. The location is about a pretty as you could ask for, right on the bay and within walking distance to a number of restaurants serving good food and beer. Get up early to sit and watch fishermen trying for the early morning catch, then enjoy the sail boats and a grand wooden ship as she tours the water. My room was spotless and my only issue was their internet service at least in my room on the 7th floor was at times spotty at best, which made it difficult to perform work, but talking a walk to sit and read by the bay seemed better than work anyway.

Room Tip: I normally do high floor away from elevators and mine was close to that, but I don't think any o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share experiences from your recent stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is a lovely location right on the lake. My room is well appointed and has a fabulous view.

I will never come here again. I arrived today (9/26/13) expecting to pay the rate that was afforded members of the business group I am with. I was told that I wasn't reserved at that rate. The manager told me he had no authority to provide me with the lower rate and wouldn't do so because it was "an integrity issue", which I take to mean he is calling me a liar. He told me I should call the 800 number to straighten it out.

I called the reservation line and spoke to the rep and her supervisor. They both told me the same thing: it's against the rules! I called the corporate customer service number listed on the Starwood website and got the same response.

Why would I ever stay at a Sheraton Hotel (or, for that matter, any Starwood property) again?

8  Thank 858JohnC858
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your room and view so much. Being concerned about your comments we have reviewed your reservation history which unfortunately indicated that your room reservation was made after your groups block cut off date had expired. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future should your travels being you back.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was our second time staying at the Sheraton in Erie for the Presque Isle marathon. There were other hotels closer to the starting line (in the park) but we chose the Sheraton. The hotel is clean and modern. The staff we encountered at the front desk were helpful, friendly and gave great information about places to visit on our long drive home. Our room was very nice and comfortable. Great hotel.

1  Thank onspithia
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us. We are delighted to have been able to host you and hope to have the opportunity to do so again in the near future.