“Great Location!”

Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Erie
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I just stayed last weekend at the Sheraton Bayfront and it was a great experience. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the bar and restaurant were delicious and refreshing, and the views were second to none in the city. You can't beat an Erie sunset from the Sheraton.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob M
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for completing a review on your recent stay at the hotel. I appreciate your positive comments and am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that the sunsets in Erie are very beautiful to watch. We hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Last weekend my mother and I took a trip over to Erie to visit a university and we stayed at the Sheraton for two nights. The room was impeccably clean, very well taken care of, and had a great view of the bay. In the morning we ate at the Bayfront Grille and I have to say that I have never has such a delicious breakfast! I honestly could have kept eating all day it was so good. The other great thing about the grille was the view of the bay and the peninsula. There is this huge window that looks out on the water and it's so peaceful. The hotel is right at the base of town and in close proximity of the stores in downtown Erie. I would and definitely will come back in the future, I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: The two great views are either of downtown Erie with marina and boats in front or of the lake with t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcela R

Thank you for choosing the Erie Sheraton Bayfront for your recent trip. I appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback about your stay. I am glad that you got to enjoy the hotel, the restaurant and all the great places Erie has to offer. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

A huge group of us had the pleasure of staying for a week at this hotel. The staff was amazing accommodating numerous last minute room requests, group gatherings, receptions, and more. The management team was outstanding. We ate at the on site restaurant numerous times and the food was wonderful. The salmon burger was the best I've ever had.

I must say that after booking numerous other properties in Erie, almost all of our attendees moved over to this hotel. It has the BEST location if you have business or events to attend downtown. The free trolley was a fun way to go to Starbucks and the arena each day.

The parking garage is well lit and secure. The property is well maintained and CLEAN. The rooms are recently renovated and the beds were very comfortable.

Thank you to all the staff that went above and beyond to make our visit the very best.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jrbrugliera

thank you for choosing the Erie Sheraton Bayfront for your visit to watch the NCAA basketball games. I appreciate all your great feedback on the hotel and the city. Congratulations on your team winning the championship! We hope to see you at the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

One of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had--and I have traveled to many large cities over the years. Recently I was here on a Saturday night, and I was sitting quietly in a hallway near the front vestibule waiting for a ride from a friend. An intoxicated man started yelling at me, I ignored him until he started threatening me. I was going to go into the lobby for help when he had two friends show up and I felt trapped in the hallway, as the three of them were between me and the front doors into the lobby. Someone apparently from the hotel briefly looked into the hallway from the double doors and never intervened. If someone from the hotel staff or management had bothered to inquire such as "hey what is going on here" it would have provided a distraction so I could have extracted myself from the situation. The situation become loud and hostile and this guy wanted to "take me outside" and apparently fight me because "he didn't like my face" and "i had been sitting there too long". I felt very physically threatened. The police arrived eventually right before things got ugly, and the man and his two friends made false allegations that "I had been bothering people, including girls and they were protecting them from me". Since I had no witnesses (which I would have had if the management had bothered to find out what was going on), the police were giving me a hard time and called my name into the station. I am absolutely flabbergasted at this point as I had been sitting there doing nothing. Because the hotel staff and management were completely ineffectual and did not intervene and help me, they allowed the situation to get worse, I could have been physically harmed if the police had arrived a minute later, and I had completely false accusations made against me. The hotel management made a terrible mistake by not trying to help me. I understand they felt they needed to call the police, but they could have helped me initially!!! I have traveled to places like downtown DC, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Miami, and New York. I have never felt so unsafe in a hotel.

11  Thank aTolerantTraveler
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I’m sorry the service you received didn’t meet the standards you expected. Please know the safety and security of our guests is our No. 1 priority, and we take your comments very seriously. We will be reaching out to you directly to discuss this incident in more detail.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My boyfriend and I attended his friends wedding at the hotel and we also stayed there. The location on the bay is great. You can either eat at the hotel or there are a couple other choices within walking distance. Our floor was a little noisy but I think it was just wedding rowdiness. Great room, comfortable bed and I loved the style of the bathroom. The front desk was helpful in finding LATE night pizza delivery.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Valerie G
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for submitting a reveiw of the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the view from your room and had I appreciate your kind comments in regards to the service provided by my Front Desk staff. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Best in Erie. In the past 3 years, I have stayed in Erie many times: consistently impressed with the Sheraton Bayfront and consistently disappointed in the others. Tops in every aspect, but especially the staff and lobby with bar and grille. Although the grille is expensive (entrees are $18+), this is typical for a fine restaurant and IS the best restaurant in Erie for fine dining. Do yourself a favor and review the site's images.

Room Tip: The lower priced boat harbor view is nice.
1  Thank Jeff M

Thank you for your positive review on the hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff service and hotel atmposhere to be the best in Erie! We hope to see you at the Sheraton again in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

With high winds and massive snow accumulation I could not drive the 30 miles home after my shift at a local hospital. Besides, I was on call that night and took a chance that if I did get home, I would have to turn around and drive back to the hospital..........not in that weather. So, I made a reservation at the Bayfront Sheraton in Erie. Fast check-in, professional service, spotless room on concierge level. Room service was fast, the food was great, and the server was exceptional. Parking was convenient and sheltered.......$12/night. The only glitches preventing a 5 rating was the size of the room..........very small. At first my key card wouldn't work in the elevator, but they re-keyed it in 5 minutes. Will see them again when the next blizzard hits.

1  Thank G8r_RN

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. I am glad you were able to weather out the storm at our beautiful hotel! I appreciate your feedback and I hope we will see you again in the future!