“Very Nice One Day Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice One Day Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have stayed at this property many times and this time it was only for one night as most of the Memorial Day Weekend was already booked solid.
We booked a city view room over the SPG site and upgraded to the AAA breakfast package. Very easy to do.
Upon arrival at about 2:30 pm on Friday, May 23rd we were greeted with a friendly smile and service by a young lady at the desk (sorry, forgot her name). Being gold members and having previously tweeted out to @SPG for consideration of an upgrade we were in fact upgraded from a city view to a higher level (room 702) Bay Front room.

The good:
I noticed a distinct improvement to attention of details from our previous stays. The room was very clean as usual and all of the the amenities such as the 2 robes hanging in the closet, neatness of the bedding, placement of items on the vanity & desk, 3 bottles of water left for us etc. caught my eye. Kudos to whoever prepared the room. If management reads this, please thank your staff member for a job well done.
We spent a good deal of time in the room as the weather was cloudy and very cool outside. We rented a movie on the TV (Jack Ryan) which was easy to charge to our room. $17 was a bit pricey but I'm sure the cable company mostly sets that price structure.
We also ordered room service. 2 bowls of ice cream for $20. Again a bit pricey but they did not skimp on serving size and had it to us in about 10 minutes. Very friendly service too. We've done this at many other SPG properties and they usually add in a complementary cookie or pastry. Management here might want to consider that as well. Details and extras make a good impression for little cost to the property.

Breakfast at the Bayfront Grilll was excellent and the waitress was very friendly and attentive. Kudos again! This AAA breakfast for two upgrade is well worth the $20 upgrade. Their American Breakfast is one of the best we have had at ANY restaurant. Free refills of coffee and OJ and they even offer to prepare a to-go cup of coffee. Details, details. Nice touch!

The not so good:
Not much. My only comment here is that management should reconsider not allowing SPG Gold members access to the club lounge on the 8th floor. Two years ago (but not our last stay in October) we were given elevator key card access so this policy must be relatively new. Most other SPG properties that we have stayed in have club lounge privileges for Gold members. Please reconsider this policy as it goes a long way toward brand loyalty.
Also, as stated in a previous review, the very large desk in the rooms are too big for the room and make close access to the windows impossible. Consider a different set-up when it's time to remodel.

All in all, a very nice stay. Thanks Sheraton & @SPG.

Room Tip: High floor at the end of hallways.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank N3YND
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your positive review of the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the service, cleanliness and had the oppurtunity to dine in the Bayfront Grille. I appreciate your feedback and I hope we see you at the hotel again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stopped here on a whim. Incredible location on the water in Erie, Penn. Room was large and gorgeous with two queen size beds. Spotless parking garage very well lit.

The restaurant is amazing. Supper was incredible. Menu changes regularly. Staff extremely friendly and accommodating.

Definitely a "two thumbs up" place.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a bayfront room!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay and review of the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and got the chance to dine in our award winning restaurant. I hope you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future!
Phippsburg, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I've been trying to get my elderly folks out for a fancy Mother's Day lunch or brunch for years, but somehow never found a place that rose to my expectations until now.

Yes, the buffet is quite pricey by any standard and is somewhat limited compared to some major hotel buffets I've been to, but by Erie standards, it's tops. The view is, of course, lovely. The room, while modern, is still warm and the acoustics are muted. The service was adequate (what'd you expect, it's a buffet?) and the tables were kept filled with fresh, hot food right up until after the last seating.

I developed a close personal relationship with the carver at the Prime Rib station, which was delicious, and he never let me down in three visits.

There's something to please most palates here so, what's not to like?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your recent visit to the hotel and for choosing the Bayfront Grille for your Mothers Day Brunch venue. We appreciate your feedback and comments and I will certainly share them with my staff. We hope to see you at the hotel again in the near future.
Weedsport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Sheraton Bay Front is a first class property. We didn’t eat here, but, the restaurant seems first rate. We did grab a drink at the bar where the bartender was very friendly and professional. The room was very nice, comfortable with great views. The desk staff was very helpful and professional and they made check in quick and painless. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davecm329
Thank you for your recent visit to Erie and for choosing the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel for your accomodations. I appreciate your comments about the hotel and will share your positive feedback with my staff. I hope we see you at the hotel again in the near future!
Wiesbaden, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

The day crew was pretty good when I checked in. The free parking was great and the place was immaculate. The cable could have been better but for Erie, that's life. The bar was nice and a decent bar tender. The location isn't too far from places to eat and night time spots. My gripe was when I came in later in the night, no one would be at the desk. I needed a few things and also wanted to extend my stay but I had to get a maintenance guy to find the front desk clerk. Sad thing about it is that happened a few times because I was living there day to day for an event. It was a good place but with a few kinks.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ahuxley
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to the Sheraton Erie Bayfront and for completing a review of the hotel. I appreciate your feedback and I will certainly share your comments with my staff so that we can improve our services for future customers. I hope we see you at the hotel again in the near future.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

loved the motel best place to stay while in Erie. Close to everything, shopping beach, hospitals, zoo. Was very clean, employees were very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again and again when in Erie

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JoanieMudryk
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and completing a review for the hotel. I am glad you were able to visit Erie and enjoy the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here a week or so ago. Had an amazing time, was visiting 2 friends who live in Erie. I have to say, I didn't think much at all about erie (actually I'd never heard of it) - but it's a great place to visit and Sheraton really made the stay delightful. Next time I come back I will definitely be staying here, the staff and great and the room was beautiful!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SoloBos
Thank you very much for the great review and choosing the Sheraton for your recent trip. I am very glad that you got to explore Erie and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!