Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,129 results
All reviewsclub levelconvention centerbay viewbeautiful hotelparking garagehotel restaurantstarbucks coffeeper daymaritime museumpresque islestate streetroom keyfront desk staffconferencelakefrontfireplacesnow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We made a reservation to stay here for a relative's wedding. Upon arrival we were told our room had been given away since we did not arrive on Friday. Our reservation was for Saturday. Check-in staff were rude and made no effort to accommodate us. They had no rooms left.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Antonetta C
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel and everything was very clean. The pool is smaller than the photos look. It was fine for kids but you would find it difficult to swim laps.

Here's what drops it from a five star to three stars - it's very expensive (we paid $360 for a basic room with lake view) and that's fine I guess, but when we got home I was emailed an updated bill. They charged us $2 for two little bottles of water that were in our room. SERIOUSLY? Are you kidding?

Management, if you are reading this - this is nOT a nice way to end a stay.

Room Tip: If you pay extra for lake view, get a top floor. The second floor is mostly a view of the roof.
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel. I appreciate your comments and feedback. I will certainly look into the issue you experienced with the extra bottle water charge. I agree that this charge was not handeled correctly and I assure you that these issues will be addressed within the hotel. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you in Erie again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were interested in just relaxing for 3 days and this was a great place to do it. We booked a bay view room on the 8th floor club level. We had a great view of the bay looking out toward Presque Isle State Park. Room was spacious and clean. Restaurant was good.as well. The only complaint was that the Club Lounge was fairly small and not really large enough to accommodate the large breakfast crowd. All in all A very nice place to stay. .

Room Tip: The bay view is well worth the extra money!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Depmedsron

Thank you for your recent stay at the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel. I appreciate your great review and am glad that you enjoyed the fews of the bay from your room on the 8th floor.I hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and the view is great! You can't best this hotel. My only complaint is that sometimes it's a little more pricey ... You are paying for a great location I guess. I stay here a lot and have never had any issues. I really like this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank EddieMartini

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. I appreciate your great comments about our service, cleanliness and atmposhere. We hope to see you back at the Sheraton soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was a last minute vacation with a good friend. She booked club level queen room bay view for 5 nights and talked with Heidi for the reservation. We were traveling with a pet and shared this while making the reservation on the phone to assure the hotel knew this and would pose no problem - Heidi made our reservations no problem and was wonderful and professional. We arrived on 7/20 to stay until 7/25 and were told that pets aren't allowed on club level and in fact not above 3rd/4th floor at best although we would have access to the club lounge and the lounge amenities. Room charge was full club level charge - we were on the 4th floor bayside the view was great we were giving a king room rather than queen no complaints just a little small for friends traveling for a week with a pet. Given that I said the view was great remember we paid for 8th floor view/club level which have bigger rooms even better views and some amenity extras of which we paid for and did not get - just a disappointment - we did take advantage of the lounge and the refreshments all of which were nice and enjoyable. Absolutely everything else during our stay was wonderful. Room spotless, housekeeping very responsive, guest services met every request with it's my pleasure, Bayfront Grille food is superb and the staff and chef are extremely gracious and responsive - we had 3 meals and all were Fantastic! Staff greet you when leaving and returning and many of the staff took a moment to greet our pet as well! It is the small things. Pool and hot tub area spotless and we took advantage of the area one day during our stay and enjoyed it immensely there is a nice patio off the pool area that is just lovely and a nice place for sunset.

My friend is a new preferred member with Sheraton and we both say this is a Fantastic choice in Erie! It will be our only choice!! Thanks for a great introduction to Erie, the bay and lake and the beautiful Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel! We will return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Imawonderer K

Thank you so much for your recent stay and wonderful review of the hotel! I appreciate your great feedback and comments and will be sure to share them with my staff. We hope to see you in Erie again soon!