“Great location. Near Presque Isle”

Comfort Inn Presque Isle
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel 3 nights. I made the reservation through an express deal on Priceline. After the hotel was revealed I read some reviews that worried me. I don't know what people were complaining about. It's not a 5 star hotel and they should realize that. We found it to be clean and adequate for our needs. It is a bit worn and could use some updating but we found it to be clean and everyone was very accommodating. The breakfast area was very crowded every morning as the hotel was quote full with many families. An extra waffle maker probably would have helped to ease the congestion as the waffles were the main attraction! After the first morning we chose to go to breakfast a little earlier and there were fewer people there. Good stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Because this hotel is so close to waldameer and splash lagoon, I'd have to say this isn't the place to go if you want to avoid a lot of small children. Hotel was reasonably clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was decent, although I have to agree with another poster about too many kids with fingers in it. We lost electricity in our room, which the staff immediately addressed. I slipped and fell in the shower. The tub, while clean, is very slippery. A non skid surface would have prevented this. I also feel that for the price, a refrigerator should have been included. The pillows are small and square; you basically get 4 small throw pillows on a double bed, rather than 2 normal ones. This, coupled with a poorly functioning air conditioner, made for a sleepless night. The pool is very nice; clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My family of four, with two teenage kids, recently stayed here. I have never in my 51 years stayed at a hotel so riddled with contrasts. To begin with, STAFF IS EXCELLENT all the way around!! And I truly mean that! Friendly, caring, efficient, hard-working, accommodating . . I can't say enough about the front desk and breakfast service employees! Hotel room itself was VERY clean, and believe me, I checked all of the nooks and crannies. Bedding smelled clean & fresh, AC worked well, pool view was nice and pool was very clean and heated comfortably, ice machine on our floor worked, there is a reassuring 24-hour presence in the lobby, friendly housekeepers, a rollaway bed so my kids didn't have to sleep together, a little table with 2 upholstered chairs and a family-friendly flatscreen, very large and bright family-size bathroom with terrific shower head & wonderful towels. Although the room itself was a little tight for four, it was a bargain at the special rate of $99 a night with breakfast included. Daily variety of foods, like hard-boiled eggs, bagels and wheat bread to toast, 3 kinds of yogurt, sausages, scrambled eggs, make-your-own waffles - so many things to choose from other than the stale danishes and cereal. Coffee is excellent and available all day and night, along with bananas, apples and oranges. Overall, the hotel is well taken care of, and I would stay there again at that price. This is an old hotel, and I mean OLD: worn carpeting, stained walls, stained and threadbare blankets and spreads, limp pillows, and the oldest and most UNcomfortable beds I have ever slept in, anywhere! The rollaway even had springs sticking out of it. Besides this, the biggest drawback was not having a mini fridge in the room - a necessity in this price range. There was a microwave in the lobby but not in the room. Pool was very nice and clean, but small, and there were quite a few very nice moms with kids from the neighborhood who were not hotel guests but swam and came in for refreshments anyway - probably not a great idea with such a small pool. Hotel was extremely noisy until about 3 a.m. - lots of pounding on the floors and along the hallways, like elephants running around - probably not great for business travelers. I would say that tightening up on the rules and noise, and NEW BEDS & BEDDING, and a MINI-FRIDGE in EVERY room, would go a long way to making this a 4-star hotel. KUDOS TO THE EXCELLENT STAFF!! :)

Room Tip: Pool view was nice and bright. Might be a good idea to ask for a room with a newer shower head and a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NYMom_13
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Hard one to review. Erie in the summer = expensive rooms. Just the way it is. The place is pretty clean, the front desk quite friendly, the lobby is huge, but then you have a few "gotchas". Normally I wouldn't ding a place as hard as I do for these, but the big gotcha is the price. About 180 a night for a single room, two double beds. For THAT, I expect a refrigerator/microwave in EVERY room, not just the kings, and I expect working ice machines on every floor. They're a bit landlocked, so parking can be an issue too. Overall I'd say I'd rate it 3.5 stars - it would get 4 stars easy if the refrigerator/microwave comment were addressed (and let's be serious - at these prices, it really, really needs to be addressed) and the general maintenance of things in the building (ice machines, etc) were a bit better. Almost there, but not quite. I honestly don't know if I'll come back - I haven't made up my mind on that yet, which probably means you (the reader) have some comparison shopping/reading to do.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank NashvlMike
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was the perfect hotel for our 2-night visit to Erie. We gals were on a shopping trip and found this hotel had everything we needed at a great price! They offer a nice free breakfast in the morning (7AM-10AM), the beds were pretty good and the outdoor swimming pool was a nice spot to unwind with a cocktail, and a dip after shopping all day. Yes, the décor is a little tired but the staff was very pleasant and it was everything we needed. It was 12 minutes drive to Millcreek Mall.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Hotel if very close to Presque Isle and would be a great choice for visitors there. But for the business traveler not the best.
I found the hotel to be clean and well taken care of. Rooms were old but clean. The AC in my room could have been a little colder. Room had very few plugs and no desk so it was challenging to work on my computer. There was a small table though. Most frustrating was the WiFi. It was strong in the lobby but horrible in my rooms I could not keep signal. Making for an unproductive night

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 17 June 2013

When I book a 2-star hotel, I know what I'm getting. But the Comfort Inn in Erie had a few surprises up its sleeve. Good ones. First off, Bobby at the front desk was immensely helpful, giving me directions to local wineries and restaurants, and the fellow in the morning was just as accommodating. Also, the room was much bigger than I anticipated. Another plus. The room itself was clean and, for a smoking room, was surprisingly free of odor and burns. Great quality for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple