“OK, this was a decent place and I would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Portland, Maine
“OK, this was a decent place and I would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

OK, this was a decent place and I would stay here again

Stayed here one night, 6/20/2014, and was pleased it was a decent place. I pulled up around 10pm and there were several people outside the front entrance in animated but pleasing chatter. The lobby had 4 or 5 groups of people talking, several had children under 12 years old. All seemed like a lively well attended hotel. Front desk was pleasant enough and they checked me in quickly. I went to park around back and when I got out of my car there were 40 or so people at the outdoor pool, many children included, all having a fun time with the pool there. I knew I chose a good family hotel. Definitely I would stay here again.
A few notes:

- room was clean and nice size
- room was cooled with a/c before I arrived: nice!
- bedding good with 5 pillows for king bed, pillows comfortable
- the bed turned out to be comfortable for sure
- the sheets crisp and clean
- a nice 34" or 37" TV with good channels
- fridge & microwave
- bathroom clean and good size
- plenty of towels, clean and not too old
- room work area adequate with comfortable chair
- decent room lighting
- in-room Internet worked well, easy to connect
- free breakfast was good. Eggs, sausage, waffles, breads, fruit- decent quality and a bit better than I would have expected for this level hotel

Like I said, I would stay here again no problem!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank echit1
Kerry S, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 3 November 2014
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience at the Comfort Inn with other travelers. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. It is always a pleasure to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay at our facility. We look forward to your next trip to Erie and hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Erie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I can start off by saying most of the staff is phenomenal. You HAVE to request new sheets to get them, they would turn down our room, but the sheets went untouched for over a week. There is not a gym, and there is an outside area, but no indoor pool. The continental breakfast is nice, they have fresh fruit out daily, as well as a waffle mixture, which includes a cinnamon mixed on, and Juice and coffee are available 24/7! The rooms are a little dated, and the cot had bed bugs, but when we brought it to the hotels attention it was switched out immediately. I should note that I did not pay to stay in the hotel. I was a part of a contest, and the owner of the contest was friends with the owner of the hotel and he donated the rooms to the contestants (girls to one room, boys to another).
Given the situation the above is my honest thoughts of the facility. Again, great if you literally just need a place to crash, and do not ask for a cot.... if you do check it first, they store them premade, so one cot could infect another.

Room Tip: Ask for room 102 for the most space, however there isn't a tub, but this room has a fridge and m...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn. While we do not have a fitness center on premise, we do offer day passes to one of the local establishments. These passes must be requested at the front desk. Thank you again for your feedback regarding your stay. We hope to see you in the future!
Sullivan, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was a nice, comfortable place to stay. The staff was friendly and helpful - gave us adjoining rooms. We arrived late and desk clerk let us know there was juice and yogurt, etc. if any of us were hungry. We've stayed here before and will again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn. We appreciate the kind word of praise for our staff members. We thank you for your continued patronage and look forward to your next stay.
Wiesbaden, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed here quite a few times. The staff was great and accommodated my needs. They recommended so many places. Quiet area with alot of restaurants around. The breakfast wasn't bad but if you are expecting a 4-star meal, snap out of it! Quality with affordable price is something Erie lacks when I comes to hotels/motels. This place is closest to downtown and the beach where you can feel safe plus not feel like someone rolled your wallet of money.

Room Tip: If you want things real quiet, get a room on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for complementing the staff! Kind words go a long way for customer service agents, and are much appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Arrived late and the check-in went smoothly until we got to our room. Door was ajar, but everything looked fine, so we tried to disregard. Kids go to use the toilet and it won't fully flush and then won't stop running. I checked the stopper myself and couldn't get it to seal, so we are now in a bit of sour mood... Front desk manager promptly got us switched to different room a couple doors down and all was well. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was waffles, sausage links, and plastic-looking eggs (sunny-side up!). I opted to stay away from the eggs. I recommend scrambled eggs, but that may not be popular in that part of the country. Also had a couple cereal varieties, bagels, and good juice selection. Again, may be just my preference, but the bagels need to be pre-sliced for convenience. Trying to cut with the flimsy plastic knife was a bit of a chore and I ended up wasting a couple because I couldn't get them sliced correctly to use the toaster. The stay could have been really good had it not been for a the initial room issue and the little things on the breakfast selection.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Comfort Inn. I apologize that you experienced a couple of issues at the beginning of your stay. I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay went well. We do offer a daily rotation of eggs. I do hope to see you again if you are passing through the Erie area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

we had an overnight stay at this location and for the price. The location for our needs could not have been better. Very friendly staff, clean pool and great breakfast. We had a room with two queen beds and everything was clean with ample towels and a very nice bathroom. If we would have had to stay longer several things would have been annoying, No refrigerator and we had difficulty finding outlets. We needed a place to charge our phones and needed to use the one in the bathroom. Same outlet was utilized for curling irons and two people could not get ready at the same time. Also a little noisy. Airport is nearby and at night we were aware of the folks in the next room.
As I said for an overnight we were okay.

1 Thank louis p
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Comfort Inn. We hope to see you in the future. Please request a refridgerator when you book your reservation, and we will do our best to get you one. We can also provide a multi-outlet plug for you as well. Thank you for your feedback.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The only negative comment that I have is that is located across the street from a noisy tavern. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great! Good experience as we have with this hotel chain.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Travel4512
Thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.