“As soon as we arrived the toilet would not flush. I changed...”
Review of Days Inn Erie

Days Inn Erie
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Erie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a recent soccer tournament. First, the staff was very helpful and polite the entire weekend. The beds were truly terrible. My family had difficulty sleeping both nights we were there. Although it appears they try to keep the hotel clean, the rooms are just outdated and worn. The hallways smell like cigarette smoke, which you smell right as you get off the elevator. Reservations had to be made through the tournament housing coordinator and the cancellation deadline was three weeks before our arrival. Otherwise, we wouldn't have stayed both nights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I travel a lot, so we are used to what to expect overall in many of the Major Hotel chains. This Days Inn was very poor! First of all, I do want to say the few good things we have to say: the room was very clean, the shower was hot in the morning, and there was a nice refrigerator for a hotel room and microwave. The Beds were horrible, literally could feel the springs under us! If I hadn't had a thick comforter in my car that we put on the bed, it would've been bad enough to leave or change rooms! Then, after we were all settled in we turned on the heater/ac unit to take the "nip" out of the air and the thing was not sounding right. Sure enough, within a short period of time it smelled like something was burning! We were SO tired we just shut the thing off and took our chances that the air would clear, too tired to be calling maintenance at that hour! Though clean, the room was dated, the TV very old and not a good clear screen! When I let the desk staff know of the heater/ac unit issue, seeing as it was a safety hazard, they automatically figured I was looking for a discount or something and that was the first thing they responded with, about not being able to give one, though I didn't even have it on my mind! It was very insulting to report a safety hazard only to have the staff assume you were just trying to get a discount! They even tried to give us a couple beverages from their cooler for free, even though I made it clear I was not looking for a discount etc......Very unprofessional, very insulting! Overall very bad experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
DaysInnErie, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Erie, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Lisa, we apologize that your stay with us was unpleasant. Your opinion is crucial to us and we take it in high regard. Unfortunately you had a few maintence issues which we were unable to resolve over night for you, but we insist you contact our Front Desk Staff and speak to them about these concerns so we can better resolve them. We hope to see you again if you're in the area to better accomadate a future experience. Regards, Days Inn Staff and Management

Travellers are raving about these Erie hotels

Travellers also viewed these Erie hotels
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie
Red Roof Inn Erie
Red Roof Inn Erie
#7 of 38 in Erie
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Erie
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Wingate by Wyndham Erie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie

Been to Days Inn Erie? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Erie

Property: Days Inn Erie
Address: 7415 Schultz Rd, Erie, PA 16509-6671
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Erie
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Erie 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Erie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Erie Hotel Erie