Western Inn Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I booked this motel for one night online because it was much cheaper than the rest and one of the only ones with a room available (I didn't know there was an event that week). I'm used to staying in motels, so I didn't think it could be that bad, but it was.

I stayed by myself with my two young daughters. When I pulled up, I was already slightly nervous because the surrounding area didn't look all that welcoming. Perhaps if my husband had been with us, I would have been slightly more optimistic. The girl who checked me in to the hotel was VERY friendly and accommodating, however the small lobby was very shabby and dirty looking.

We stayed on the ground floor with a parking spot right outside of the door which was nice. However, the room was disgusting. Mold, dirt, broken fixtures, the only thing I didn't see were bugs (doesn't mean they weren't there). The bathtub was so covered in mold it was unusable.

The room had a fridge (the freezer portion was totally covered in ice), microwave and two teaspoon sized packets of shampoo. The AC seemed about normal motel quality. The TV had cable, but it was so fuzzy it was hard to watch. The alarm clock was missing the face plate over the LED, several outlet covers were broken, two of the towel racks were broken and hanging off the wall and the coax cable for the TV was hanging from the ceiling.

I had hoped to use the pool, but I didn't even look at it. I was very glad to be leaving first thing the next morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank SpreeBee
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel is run down, lights don't work, the rooms smell, it's horrible. I asked for may money back and left. We have stayed at Knights Inns before this scared us. I was afraid to let may kids even sleep here the room were disgusting not clean and smelled really bad . The room they gave us the lights didn't work. The place needs to be comdemned.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gene h
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I looked at the hotel on line and booked for a night on the way to a site. When pulled in it was dark and I was very tired. I got out of my truck and was immediately accosted by a panhandler. I turned him down and went to the office. The Manager on duty was courteous and told me to make sure to lock my truck and take anything of value in the room. Pretty standard security for a road warrior like myself. I went to the room and was very surprised the AC was wither off or way down. I went to turn it up and was really surprised to see it was on high Max already... I pulled the bed from in front of the intake on the unit and found that they must have just screwed the headboards to the wall and failed to clean up the construction debris after.

I took one look at the condition of the room and decided to sleep in my clothes on top of the bedding.

no outlets to plug anything in near the bed or the table that was the desk
if you wanted to use the micro you had to unplug the fridge

After waking and walking outside I decided the building had gone through a very superficial attempt at a self performed cosmetic remodel and it was a complete failure.

Room Tip: Within 10 miles there are 25 (literally) other hotel choices
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cowboydad1967
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed here after a fishing trip and on our way to Niagara Falls. Price seems good but it's not worth the lack of sleep. There was a lot of local traffic and several loud arguments as it got later in the evening. Lots of shady activity going on and we were worried about our car. Thought at first the bed was clean but pulled back the bedspread and was greeted by a centipede that was at least 1 inch long. We were pretty positive that there was blood on the lampshade. Bottom line, next time, we'll keep driving.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Melissa R
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while in town on a fishing trip. It was a place to lay but I couldn't lay easily. Seems like a lot is going on at this hotel. Shady activities seem to pick up as the night goes on. If you have kids with you I would steer clear no matter how good the deal seems.

• Stayed: June 2013