“Worst Hotel stay ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“Worst Hotel stay ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Reserved room at this inn for 1 night. Driving up to the office the property looked like it needed a
face lift and total remodel. The room smelled bad, the carpet looked like it was not vacuumed in the corners, air conditioner sounded like a jet. The bathroom had mold on the tile and the toilet
had a leak which caused it to run. Don't stay there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rosanne O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Buffalo NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Parking lot and stairs dirty but room ok. Close to theater downtown. No breakfast in am. No coffee until later but one block from McDonald's. Air conditioning fine. Quiet and on Sunday morning heard church bells. But for $89 we expected more value.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Goodetravel

Travellers are raving about these Erie hotels

Williamsport, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Don't Ever Stay Here, This Place Does Not Need A Makeover It Needs Razed!!!! AC Smelled Bad, And Sounded Like A Jet Engine, No Water In Pool . I would Not Use Shower Dirty,dirty,dirty! Yuck!!!! Noise Outside All Night...Very Scary!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Louiesmom55
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Cockroachs!! And stained sheets! And nasty people just staring you up and down. was scared for my belongings. And the pool looked like a toilet. Dont ever ever stay here. Nasty nasty nasty.....................................................

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jess K
Apollo, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

If I could give it less stars I would. My boyfriend and I honestly did not even last 20 mintues. We went to Erie on a quick weekend trip and picked this place because of the cheap rates. When we arrived for check-in at 2, we were greeted by a very kind lady behind the counter who explained to me they were "renovating". The facade of the hotel was falling apart dilapidated, railings lose, stairs crumbling, the pool resembled a swamp. There were people on the second floor who seemed to be live in residents. We received our first room, Room 235.

Our reservation was for a queen bed non smoking room for one night. When I entered the room I was hit with the smell of an ash tray.I tried to turn the light on using the switch, but it did not work.I waited for my boyfriend before I ventured any further than the door way. We both ventured to check out the bathroom and there was BLACK MOLD in the tub as well as rust and peeling paint.

I went back down to the office. (Careful on the stairs they are crumbling and the railings are lose and rusting make sure you are up to date on your tetanus shot). We kindly asked for a clean non smoking room. Again the very kind woman behind the counter changed our room and apologized that they had not cleaned that room yet. We went to our new room, room 240. This room looked slightly nicer from the outside and by slight I mean not at all. We entered the room and again it smelled musty, moldy, and smokey. The paint was peeling off the walls the lights would not work, again. The bathroom was just as dirty as the first. I told my boyfriend that we had paid for the night and we can't back out now. My boyfriend decided to pee while I was on the phone in a slight panic with my mother. I turned around and our dead bolt was broken.there were cables coming out of the wall, vomit on the door and something chunky in the peep hole. At which point an "Oh sh**" came from the bathroom., the toilet was nearly over flowing. That was it.

Didn't even bother to unload the truck. We went right back down to the office. There was no one at the front desk. Another poor patron walked in behind us and I told her to go in front because we were on our second room in the last 10 minutes. Once she was checked in the older man who spoke only 5 words of English I believe finally decided to acknowledged that we were in their tiny dilapidated lobby. I told him that we had been in two rooms in 15 minutes each grosser than the next and that I demanded a refund. Thankfully we got it and left. We ended up staying in the Riverside Inn in Cambridge Springs.

My Best advice, spend the extra money, stay on peach street or a nice bed and breakfast. Nothing is worth the risk of your health, safety or sanity to stay in a cheap hotel. Run don't walk better yet, just don't book.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Katrina L
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I chose this hotel because it was walking distance to the event we were attending. Unfortunately I prepaid using an online booking. I had to use my shoulder to push my way into the room. The room was old and really sketchy looking. We pulled off the top bed spread as it looked 40 years old and disgusting. Underneath were thin blankets with stains on them. Better yet, under the blankets were sheets with what looked like blood stains on one bed and some kind of yellow stains on the other bed. I had to kill ants that were crawling in the bathroom. We stayed only because we prepaid and survived the night but got out as soon as we could the next morning. When I checked out I expressed my displeasure to the front desk (owner I believe) he just stood there with a dumb smile on his face, like I have your money and don't care. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Dave B
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Whatever you do find another hotel. We showed up and were stared at by a bunch of people on the balcony that looked like they lived there. There were mattresses and everything thrown by the dumpsters. They were filling the pool with a garden hose. Then we got to our room and it stunk sooo bad. The room was filthy and the beds smelled. We didn't even stay there a half hour before we checked out and went somewhere else. Definitely WOULD NOT recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank Katrina S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erie
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Erie
Clarion Hotel Bel-Aire Conf. Ctr.
Courtyard Erie Bayfront
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#25 of 38 in Erie
Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Harborcreek

Been to Western Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!