“Great hotel, great people”

TownePlace Suites Erie
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel, great people”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We returned to the TownePlace Suites after having a great experience earlier this year. Our King studio suite was very spacious and spotlessly clean. I raised the lack of mirror situation with the hotel assistant manager, who assured us that the problem was being addressed by the new management company and would be remedied.
I cannot say enough about the employees at this hotel. Everyone was friendly and accommodating, giving us suggestions for restaurants and local activites. Even the manager came out to ask us if we were enjoying our stay.
I travel a lot and this is one of the best properties I have ever stayed at. Definitely surpassing MArriott's high standards!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Reenie B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
We thank you for such a nice review of our hotel. Our greatest assest is our friendly staff members. Everyone who works here truly wants every guest to be WOWED! Please come back again soon! We enjoy making our guests happy and comfortable!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Great location with easy access to Interstates, restaurants, shopping, etc. Suites are very comfortable. Bed could have been harder for us but ....

Chocolate milk at breakfast :)

Fast Internet. VERY quiet. Good laundry facility (3 each--washers and dryers). $1 per machine.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner/end (especially on the southeast side) for quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reenie B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the TPS in Erie, PA! We know how busy guests get after they check out so this means a lot to us! I have had many guests teel me they check TripAdvisor and really do make their choices based on reviews. So, again, thank you and please come back again!
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Quiet, clean, comfortable. Very large suite. Closely to all the shopping Erie has to offer. Very nice continental breakfast. Would stay again if passing through Erie. Very helpful ad accommodating when I was setting up my room as well!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
How nice to read a through and positive review. Our Staff strives daily to exceed our guests expectations and it is so nice to recognized for our efforts! We want every guest in our hotel to be comfortable and happy at check out! We are happy to have provided you with a great stay. Please come back again, We appreciate your business!!!
Reviewed 30 August 2012

First stay at this hotel- it's very nice! Daughter loved the pool, which we had to ourselves from 5pm-7pm. Hottub was also nice and we were only ones in it. Hotel itself is very new and modern. We had a room with a view of I-79, but we did not ever hear the traffic from the Interstate. Hotel is in a good location- right next to the shopping mall and lots of restaurants within driving distance. (some you could walk to if you really wanted to, but would be traffic) We didnt have any issues getting here, but we stay in Erie quite often, so knew where we were going. The room has an interesting set up with a little passage way between the closet and the bathroom. Our only complaint is that we were told we'd have a room with a King size bed and a sofa sleeper, but we actually got a room with 2 Double beds and no sofa sleeper. Over all I would stay here again. We had a great time.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reenie B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Just wanted to thank you for the gracious review of our hotel. The staff takes great pride in the property both in cleanliness and service. We really like our location as well! There is so much to do in this area yet we have a very quiet corner! You really captured the essence of the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie. Please come back again soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I found this place to be very safe and homely.
I loved the lay out of the room. The bathroom was very clean and also the room was in great shape. Small details were pleasant surprise :)

I noticed a few BAD reviews on Trip Advisor and am quiet surprised as I found no faults with the place. The continental breakfast had a generous selection.

The hotel smelled fresh in the lobby and in the room. GREAT STAY!!! totally recommend it :)
PS: We booked our room through CAA and got a great deal!

Just a note to the manager: The comforter felt a bit flimsy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZahidaV
Reenie B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
What a nice review of our hotel! We appreciate that you took the time to offer your comments. We know how busy it gets and we love when guests enjoy our hospitality! PS_we changed out the comforter! Thank you!!!
Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is tucked back beside the mall and away from the busy Peach Street. Checked in with easy, went straight up to room #418 which had a view of the highway and heard no noise from the highway. The room layout is small but efficient, great for couples. We headed out filled the gas tank on Peach Street, dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse and back for the night. The bed was comfortable and air conditioning felt great after a long hot day. There are several restaurants closeby and the mall is within walking distance. We would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
We appreciate all your positive feedback. It is a greata way for us to improve in any areas that our guests migh find lacking! We are delighted you felt we hit our goals! Please come back again! We appreciate your business!!!
Leesburg, Florida, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Buyer beware! This is my second stay at this hotel. During the first stay, the internet did not work, the pool was closed and the elevator was inoperable, forcing me to carry groceries up a few flights of stairs. I complained to Marriott, and was given a $100 credit to my bill (7 or 8 night stay?). I decided to give them another shot.... Second stay, July 2012: Room was booked a YEAR in advance at the govt rate as I am a govt. employee. The website does say that the govt rate can be used for business or leisure, although it is not available at all Marriott locations. The day before I was to leave on the trip, I received a call from Maureen Balsinger, Director of sales. She said the hotel does not honor the govt rate for leisure (hmmm... they did last time, and when I made the reservation!), and tried to jack my rate from $82 to $159 a night. Quite the difference! She finally went down to $119. a night (still wrong, as my reservation was for $82 a night). I feel that it was a bait and switch tactic as Erie was having the Roar on the Shore event and all other hotels were booked solid. I had no choice but to accept, or I felt my reservation would "disappear" in it's entirety and I would be left with no place to stay. Again, the internet was not working. Maureen is denying that the internet was down, but I have a record of my calls and the ticket number to the internet provider. And again, the elevator was out of service. The room was clean though, and the pool was in service. All in all, I will NOT stay there again. I stay in Erie frequently, and this will NOT be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: If you stay here, you better get a ground level room. Elevator went out of service BOTH times that...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Michelle S
Reenie B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Michelle- Thank you for taking the time to review the Erie TPS. We do appreciate your comments and are always happy to respond to either a positive or not so positive review. The government discount is extended to goverrnment travelers on government business. It is intended to save the taxpayers money on travel expenses. Is is not a leisure rate at this hotel. We are an extended stay hotel and do have some other discounts available. As a proactive measure I notified you prior to your arrival to allow you the time to book another hotel if you could find the govenment rate available to you. Since you chose to stay with us I had hoped that the discount I offered you would be helpful. I have also contact our internet provider and there must be some confusion and they show no trouble calls from our hotel and no service issues were logged at the Welcome Desk. That one is a mystery to me. The spike in electricity was not a hotel issue and we did have the elevators reset as soon as they were able to come back into service. Spikes in this area are somewhat common and all the hotels have to deal with them! However, it is frustrating and I can appreciate that as well. I am glad the pool and other amenities were to your standards. Thank you again for your assessment.