“Great place to stay!”

TownePlace Suites Erie
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed here last month for a night while I was shopping in Erie. I stay here every year about that time, usually for 3 nights. It is clean, close to everything, the kitchen helps to save a bit of money, free breakfast is nice and the staff are great!

Room Tip: If you plan on doing a lot of shopping then try to request a room on the bottom floor, it makes it e...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you so much for your review and for your tip about the bottom floor for the shoppers, I'm sure they will appreciate it. Come back and see us again next time!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I just came back from a shopping trip and stayed at this hotel with 4 other girlfriends. Our rooms were very clean and loved having the kitchen to use. We had booked a two bedroom suite but on our way we were called and asked if we could take two rooms instead due to a problem at the hotel with bookings. We gladly accommodated the hotel and they showed great appreciation for us doing so. Mark was very nice and polite even while dealing with a couple who was putting him through hell as we were checking in (I think they were pros at being cons - my opinion.) The hotel was extremely quiet for the two nights we stayed and the amount of breakfast items was perfect unless folks are looking for bacon and eggs. Definitely will be back on our next trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you mentioning our General Manager Mark, his patience is unsurpassed and he truly sets the example for myself and the rest of his team. We welcome you back anytime you are coming to Erie - Safe Travels!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here on a shopping trip to Erie. The location is great as it is close to everything! The room was perfect for us. We had studio queen. It was pretty small compared to other hotels but for just the two of us, it wasn't a problem. The full kitchen was amazing. It had everything you'd need from home. Full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave (bigger than I have at home) and stovetop. It came fully stocked with dishes, pots, pans, cooking utensils, cleaning clothes, paper towels, and dish washing soap. Definitely saved us some money since we didn't have to eat out for every meal. Very nice touch! Our bed was comfortable and we didn't find the noise level to be too bad. The bathroom was big, and spotless and the shower pressure was perfect. One complaint for this hotel would be that neither my husband nor myself cared for the pillows on the bed. We don't like feather pillows so found them to be uncomfortable. They might have non-feather options but we didn't ask.
Staff upon check-in/out were very friendly and efficient.
Breakfast was ok.. I just wish there had been eggs or bacon etc. Some kind of protein item. The options were only waffles (which were good), cereal, oatmeal, or pastries and fruit. Definitely enough to fill you up but gets kind of boring after the first day.
All in all, it was a great trip and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review, I am glad to hear that you were able to utilize all of our kitchen offerings, and even save some money! I am sorry to hear that our breakfast offerings were not ample, it is something that the Marriott brand is looking to update on all of their Towneplace Suites, hopefully sooner than later :) , hope it won't keep you from returning. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to hosting you and your spouse in the future!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I reserved a Studio Queen room, and was placed in a 2-bedroom suite, which was amazing! The rooms were beautiful and well-appointed. I loved the full kitchen, including dishes, though I would have loved to have wine glasses as well!

I thought it was strange that the front door did not automatically open - it was a bit difficult to have to drag my luggage in while also propping the door with my foot.

Also, I noticed there were no full-length mirrors anywhere in the suite - one in the bathroom would have been helpful.

This was a great hotel and I will definitely stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: Elevators are slow, so perhaps choose a first floor room away from the pool/fitness center and away...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for writing such a great review for us! I only wish you would have inquired about wine glasses and a mirror, as we have both of those available, free of charge of course, upon request. I know what a downer it can be to drink wine out of a drinking glass, it's just not the same. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, as well as your complimentary upgrade. We hope to see you again in the future, and don't forget to ask for those wine glasses when you come back :)

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past two weeks. The front desk staff are friendly and polite. The hotel itsself clean and has a fresh air about iy. I stayed in a king studio. The room was clean and fresh and ther furniture was in great condition. Bed was comphy and feather pillows were great. Only problem i say was the whirlpool was dirty, scummy around the top needed to be cleaned. also the pool had a scum on top of the water and when you looked at the pools bottom it was very dirty. appears no one has been there in a while to clean or care for both of these. I could not stay in the whirlpool for any lengh of time due to the scum. Health problem big time!!!

Room Tip: rooms away from the interstater are quieter. ask for room on the backside if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank JohnM23_13

I appreciate your review, thank you! Our pool and hot tub uses a Salt Water / Saline sanitation system and sometimes after the salt compound is added it creates an unsightly film on top of the water for a short period of time, I can only hope this was the "scum" you were experiencing. The bottom of our pool does appear to be dirty, but fortunately that is due to the paint on the bottom being worn off, over the past 5 years. Regardless, we appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention and our General Manager has addressed them with our Chief Engineer. We will be undergoing renovations in January 2015, just 6 years after opening and hope to have the pool bottom repainted.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review, please come see us again!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband & I spent 1 night here after spending the night before with my sons family (son, his wife & 3 kids, 8, 6, & 2); at another hotel. We needed some time alone I heard that the rooms were a little small. WE LOVE THIS HOTEL The staff was wonderful, very kind & helpful The room was on the small size, but you didn't notice it because it was layed out so well The indoor pool & spa were very nice Breakfast was good (included) We had a king room & it had everything including a dishwasher Bed very comfortable Will stay here again In over 42 years of traveling I've only been disappointed in a Marriott product (hotel) 1 time 5 stars

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TRAVELNUT207

I am glad to hear you found some relaxation at our hotel. Thank you for staying and you are welcome anytime!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. Overall good and average but they can improve as the customer service was not as good as their brand image. There was a big power outage in the city, fortunately this place was not affected. Called the front desk about where can I find the open restaurant and in reply I got some rude answer. I hope they do understand that not all the visitor for this hotel comes from nearby towns. No water bottle and milk creamer and tooth brush kit. May be I am not staying a hotel frequently but the above mentioned items just vanished as their competition increased and the profit margin decreased by a little. And finally they charged my credit card account $50 more than the invoice/bill. ( still have to figure out why?)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron P
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for writing a review. I apologize that you did not receive a definitive answer from our front desk staff regarding a restaurant referral when you inquired. More than likely our front desk agent at the time did not know where to send you as we were in the middle of a city-wide power outage. Approximately 30,000 residents were affected including a 10 mile radius around our hotel, how our hotel maintained power amid the crisis is beyond me. Regarding the toothbrush and coffee creamers we still do offer those complimentary to every guest. We have toothbrushes, toothpaste and a variety of other complimentary items at the front desk, all one has to do is ask and we are happy to accommodate. We also have a 24 hour complimentary coffee station stocked with flavored creamers, half-half, sugar and sweeteners, in addition to the coffee in your suites. The $50 charge you see is a temporary authorization that is held on your card for incidentals, which is standard at any hotel. That hold is released by our hotel once you check out and is typically refunded to you within 24-72 hours depending on your financial institution.