“Amazing rooms, great service, love the price!”

TownePlace Suites Erie
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Erie
“Amazing rooms, great service, love the price!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel after getting the recommendation from the company I was interviewing with. I called several times to ask questions (check-inn, breakfast, shuttle available), and Sherri (sorry if I spelled that wrong!) was incredibly helpful! She was cheerful, pleasant, and even gave me a recommendation of Hanson's for my transportation while there (also fantastic!).

My room was very clean! I was impressed at the small kitchen that was provided, and all the other amenities! The bed was comfortable, and I LOVED the green chair (so much that I took a picture so I could get myself one similar!). The bathroom was spotless, and the hairdryer - GREAT for being a hotel one!

Another amazing customer service moment - I visited during the snowstorm that hit the North East. I was afraid that my flight would be cancelled(and it was) Mark, the manager, reserved the last room just in case for me, which I ended up needing. That room was just as clean, and nice!

Overall, this hotel went above and beyond my expectations. I highly recommend them for not only the clean, nice, well-kept rooms, but the incredible customer service they provide.

Thank you all, again!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
mark d, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thanks for your recent stay at our hotel! I appreciate your positive comments concerning your stay at our hotel and have shared them with my team. We hope to see youagain the next time you are in Erie.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
toronto
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We got a king studio and we were shocked to see how tiny the room was! The entrance way is the kitchen, and the room is smaller than other cheaper, lower star hotels. The photo you see on the website IS the room. Since I paid $100 for each night, I expected it to be bigger, at least same size as other 2-bed rooms we had been to. The 'living room' space, where the sofa bed is located, just about disappears when you open up the bed. It would not have been an issue if we were just sleeping one night. The reason I got this place (paid $30 more than other hotels available at the time) was because we were spending several days here and needed a place to chill with my family. We figured a place with a full kitchen would be sized appropriately. The breakfast is really lame as well considering the price. It would be what I would expect from cheap hotels below--only bread, yogurt and oatmeal. I did see boiled eggs once but no repeats.
The positives are that the front desk people seem to be nice and helpful, and it is conveniently located, near the highway. If the size didn't matter to us I would have given 4 stars. There is a big gap under the door so I could hear people talking as they go by, but the hotel was pretty empty when we were there so it was quite most of the time and had no trouble sleeping.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank anna b
Thanks for your recent stay at the Towneplace Suites. Next time you are in Erie please try one of our larger rooms such as our one or two bedroom suites. These rooms have seperate bedrooms from the living area and I believe these rooms will fit your needs.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this location after a long day of driving, so we arrived around 11 p.m.. The receptionists were all very friendly and helpful.
Upon inspection of our little room (which my boyfriend actually called "cute"), the only flaw we found was a dirty duvet cover which the receptionist kindly replaced and got which she apologized profusely.
The layout of our room (Queen size bed, corner room) was very thought-out. The closet for coats is actually extended so the other end of it is available in the washroom for hanging wet towels. Another TripAdvisor wrote that there is a table under the desk that can be used as a dinner table, and we saw that as well (didn't need it, but was a good tip).
Hand lotion is not provided in the washrooms but can be requested at the lobby (useful purse size for emergency dryness!) and had a strong citrus scent of Lemon Sage.
Washrooms were very clean.
Oh! Also, I don't know if all rooms had this, but they had an almost-full-size fridge, a full-size microwave, two flat-top burners, a coffee maker, and an oven, if you feel like saving on meals out. They were even thoughtful enough to include a basket of random cooking essentials, like salt and pepper shakers (with salt and pepper packets inside - you wouldn't want to use pre-filled shakers, now would you?!), Palmolive dish soap, that sort of thing. I don't remember exactly now, but I'll post the picture I took.
Breakfast was okay, like others mentioned it would be nicer with scrambled eggs/pancakes/bacon-type offering. Usual toast, English muffins, donuts, hard-boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal (though they did have a couple of unique options - cocoa krispies, strawberry special k). Coffee was very weak, but that might just be me. They need to get a pancake machine like we had the previous morning's hotel (Best Western Plus in Columbia, NC), which was amazing!! :)

Overall, tiny room, but with the CAA/AAA discount, it's worth it. Probably would prefer to rate this 3.5/5, but cleanliness is always the biggest factor for me so I'll boost it to a 4 ;)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fmnsocial
mark d, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
I'm so glad that you like our rooms, they are nice! I was also happy to here that was staff was able to take of your issues. I hope to meet you next time you are in Erie.
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Well, figuratively speaking. I was stranded in Erie because of the "Big Chill" (wind chills at -35 were crazy for this Georgia girl!) first one night, then two, then three...
The staff was friendly, encouraging, and offered cheerful advice on how to get around in the frozen tundra. The breakfast hostess even helped me film a clip to send home to my kids- "how to make snow by throwing a cup of hot water in the air!"
I wish they had a hot breakfast, but they did include healthy choices like oatmeal and Greek yogurt, along with hard-boiled eggs. The coffee was good and plentiful and the room was spacious and comfy.
There was a large workspace so this would be good for any traveling business people, as well as families.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
We did have fun during our recent "deep freeze"! You need to visit us during the summer, we can have a cookout on our patio.

Thanks
Saint Clairsville, Ohio
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

This was our second time staying here. We travel up for a gymnastics meet once a year and got lucky finding this gem. As breakfast is included with a good many of choices. Staff has always been pleasant, helpful and informative about the area. We will be back.

Stayed January 2014
Thanks for taking your time to right this review! We were glad to see you return to our property and look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Erie.
Barrie
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night. It was a very pleasant stay. There is a beautiful pool and hot tub that we made good use of during out stay at the hotel. Room was very clean and posh.

Would stay there if we visit Erie again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your room, the pool and hot tub. Safe travels!