“lake escape”

TownePlace Suites Erie
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 27 July 2014

convenient to presque isle and the city of erie. loved the location (considering there are no marriott properties right on the lake. daughter's family in room next door, quiet top floor location, just far enough from the highway. also had washers/dryers for the end of a day at the lake.

Room Tip: ask for top floor AWAY from elevator and on the opposite side as the highway.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mark D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Erie. I would agree with you that we are in a great location only minutes away from all attractions in Erie. I hope that you stay with us again the next time you visit Erie.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Staff was excellent, I had a misunderstanding in booking our room with a king size bed, instead of 2 queen, reception quickly resolved issued and switched me to a room with 2 queen bed. I really appreciate the ease and manner in which she took care of issue.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that my staff was able to make your stay at our hotel enjoyable. I look forward to meet you the next time you are in Erie.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Comfortable room with a very friendly staff who went out of their way to make my stay a good one. Great location near food and the mall. My only complaint was that the air conditioner in the room was REALLY loud. I didn't mention it to maintenance as I noticed that the unit in the workout room sounded the same so it just appears that the units were loud. If the hotel reads this I think you can fix this problem by letting guests adjust the fan speed. It is either OFF or JET ENGINE ON.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I want to Thank You for your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and our hotel comfortable. I have addressed the air conditioning noise with my maintenance staff and they have fix the noise with the unit. I hope that you choose our hotel again the next time you are in Erie.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hotel was fine. We had trouble with our air conditioner fan running all night long so it made sleep a bit difficult. Staff were helpful and pleasant with us but the other couples we were travelling with had a totally different experience. They did not get the room size they reserved and had trouble with prices quoted for their stay. Some issues for them at the front desk. This in turn made the trip for all of our group somewhat stressful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy that you found my staff helpful and pleasant. I do want to apologize for the mix up with your other party's room size. I hope you enjoyed the Roar on the Shore event.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had a nice stay at this hotel, room was clean and comfortable. I would recommend staying here - the facility seems to be well-maintained and the front desk staff were extremely personable/helpful.

The only complaint I have is the EXCESSIVELY loud housekeeping staff that banged on EVERY door on my floor at around10AM Sunday morning. I literally heard the staff 'checking rooms' for a full 5 minutes before they even got to my room, and then for another 5 as they passed my room and went down the hallway. I understand that you want to know which rooms you can get started on and which rooms are still occupied, but I've never been to a Marriott where this is Standard Operating Procedure - almost always, they knock on the doors one at a time and clean the ones they can before moving on and knocking on another door.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! I was very happy to hear that my front of the house staff provided friendly warm service. I also have shared your comments on the housekeeping staff with my team so that they will focus on improvement. I hope to meet you the next time you are in Erie.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Always a pleasure staying there. That is why when ever we go to Erie for a weekend or any extended stay we always stay there. Nice, clean, reasonable, and one great staff!!! OK, your review is kind of a pain with the 200 character minimum.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mark D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Steve C,
Thank you so much for staying with us during Roar on the Shore! That is one of the best events during our beautiful Erie summers and I'm glad that you spent it with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.
Have a great day!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a beautiful motel with many great extras. It is next door to the Millcreek Mall with many stores and restaurants nearby It is pet friendly if needed and employees are always helpful and friendly

Room Tip: pool is very kid friendly and there is an adults only time at 10 pm which is a great feature

Dear Charles S,
Thank you so much for staying with us! We're so glad that your enjoyed your time at the TownePlace Suites Erie and we look forward to your return. We've just resurfaced the pool & spa, so we can't wait for you to see the improvements the next time you're in town.
Have a great day!