“Go For It!”

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“Go For It!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Another great stay at a Hilton Garden Inn. They always go above and beyond in customer service. We got there, and we were told they upgraded us to a King Whirlpool room. Who does that? They couldn't do enough for us. Room was clean which is big on my list. Slept wonderfully on the mattress...I like a firmer mattress. I just never go wrong by staying at one of these hotels. They've proven themselves time and time again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dianna C,

Thank you so much for another wonderful review of our property. We absolutely appreciate each and every one of your generous words, and thank you for taking the time to provide us with this. I am so happy to hear you had enjoyed your stay as much as you did, and hope that we'll see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Turkish first
United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I picked this hotel for location and value. (so I thought) Location is good. But I thought I had booked a two bedroom suite for a great rate. NOT! And thought there would be less children running around. That's why I didn't book a hotel by splash lagoon. Thought wrong!!! Kids above my bedroom running back and forth at 7am!! Won't stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for your recent review of our Hilton Garden Inn Erie. I want to apologize to you, that you had encountered the unfortunate issues that you did during your stay, and I'm very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself as much as we would have liked you to have. As I'm unsure of the exact specifics and circumstances, I can't tell you exactly why you had experienced so much noise, but I can assure you that this is not typical of our property. We wish you had contacted our Guest Service Representatives at the Front Desk, as we would have been more than happy to take control of the noisy situation for you so that you could enjoy a more pleasant experience. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again, as we would love the opportunity to provide you with the perfect stay you do so deserve. Thank you again, and please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for Michelle if you should desire to discuss this in further detail.
Fort Wayne, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Hilton Gardens Inn is an excellent choice when in Erie. The lobby is very nice, the front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful and the room was fantastic. My only issue was one queen bed was to soft for my liking, so I just moved to the other bed. I will stay here on my next trip into Erie. Hotel only 3 miles from casino!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review of our property! We do pride ourselves on our accessibility for pleasure travelers and business travelers alike, and we're so happy to hear you had enjoyed yourself so much. I wanted to apologize to you, however, that you were not aware of our mattresses. We actually do have Garden Sleep Perfect mattress systems in all of our guest beds, making them adjustable from firm to soft, or vis versa, depending upon your preference. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again the next time business brings you our way, or perhaps even for vacation! We do have plenty of activities and places to visit, whether it's for our regional wine festival in September, visiting the Presque Isle Peninsula right on Lake Erie, or many other places to visit. Feel free to ask us for any recommendations you may desire, and we hope to see you again soon to provide you with the Perfect stay.
Williamsport,PA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I were very pleased during our stay. The rooms were perfectly clean. The beds & pillows were very comfortable. The Staff were welcoming. We will return if in the area again We do reccomend staying at this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnMarieH880
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. We appreciate your generous words much more than you know! We are so happy to hear you had enjoyed our accommodations as much as you did, and are pleased to hear we were able to provide you the perfect stay that we speak so highly of. We hope you'll stay with us again, and I will see to it we have our warmest welcome prepared for you!
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights with family. We had both a double queen and a junior king suite. The rooms were great for our family's need. Lots of space for our little one to crawl around. The pool and fitness center were clean and well maintained. We did have issues with regards to our reservation and billing. One room was booked for June 24th and the other for July 24th (Our actual arrival)...luckily we noticed the charge on our credit card. Finally, upon check out, we were charged for a couple of breakfasts at the Safari Grille that we did not order (actually didn't step foot in the Safari Grille). All issues were taken care of, but unfortunate that we had multiple billing issues. Glad my wife spotted both problems.

Room Tip: Request a junior suite if you have young children in your party.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NittanyMan
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. We are very happy to hear you had enjoyed your stay so much, and that our accommodations were what you were looking for! I did want to take a moment to apologize for the inconvenience you had encountered regarding your billing process. Without further information, I'm unsure of exactly what had happened, but I absolutely do apologize for this occurring. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly, should you desire to discuss this in further detail; I am more than happy to help. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again, so that we can WOW! you with the perfect stay you absolutely do deserve.
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My fiancé and I booked this room and package to celebrate his birthday. Upon arrival the staff had no idea what a romance package was. It included a room, sparkling wine, chocolates, free breakfast and $30 to dinner in the hotel restaurant. The hotel tried to say that it was either a dinner voucher or a breakfast voucher. But after pulling our receipt up online we proved right. The hotel fixed the mistakes. Overall the room was nice. The Safari grille is absolutely wonderful. The Crab cakes are divine. The breakfast is also delicious. The have made to order food such as pancakes, omelets and waffles. But they also had a buffet too. It is by far the best breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. The Romance package is definitely the way to go if you need a weekend getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jessica J
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. We appreciate your generous and wonderful words about our Safari Grille, and very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay generally. I wanted to take a moment to sincerely apologize for the confusion you encountered during your check-in, and you're absolutely correct, this should have been prepared for you when you arrived. We are fortunate to have the wonderful team of professionals that we do have on our Front Desk, but as many of them are fresh faces, unfortunately there is a small learning curve. I will see to it that our staff does receive a bit more in-depth training regarding our packages, and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly should you desire to discuss this in further detail-we are always more than happy to help.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed three nights on the fourth floor in a room that faced the lake, mainly to avoid the noise of the highway on the other side. We stayed in a room with two double beds with our two young children. The hotel room was very clean, especially the bathroom. Housekeeping did amazing job cleaning our room everyday. The staff at the front desk was always very helpful. We loved having the complementary coffee and citrus water (refreshing) in the lobby. We had breakfast every morning in the restaurant ajoining the lobby which gave us many options hot or cold, and great service! Had dinner one evening here as well, and the service was fantastic, food was great. They really paid attention to detail especially when it came to our children. The kitchen was always ready to help with a smile. Wish the pool was a little larger. There were quite a few families staying in the hotel at the same time, more than a couple families in the pool at the same time made for a cramped swim. Never heard any other guests from our room. Can't say enough great things about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. We were there for the Presque isle three day festival. The location of this hotel was very convenient, only about 5miles from the lake. Right on a shopping strip which was convenient for eating out. We ended up purchasing some lunch food and a cooler to bring the beach everyday at the walmart that was near by for some healthier options and to save some money. This hotel is also right across from the water park which was perfect since when we arrived it was rainy and cold, the kids enjoyed the afternoon at the waterpark. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Liked the view of the lakeside rather than the highway side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carrie H
Thank you SO much for your detailed review of our property! I wish I had more time (and characters) to devote to my response, as you must have spent a bit of time crafting such a wonderful review, and we genuinely appreciate it. We are so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay so much, from your experience with our Service Team, to our Restaurant at Safari Grille, it sounds like we were able to provide you the perfect stay that we promise, and we are more than happy to do so! Regarding your concern about noise from the highway, I can certainly understand your hesitance; however, we actually do not receive as many noise complaints as one may think. I'm very happy you were able to enjoy your stay so much, and it sounds like your vacation was splendid. We hope you'll join us for your next stay in Erie, PA, and please feel free to ask our Front Desk for more recommendations and things to do-we're always happy to help!