“Not happy”
Review of Bayfront Inn

Bayfront Inn
Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were traveling with a group and had planned our trip well in advance (5 months). When we arrived at the motel I was told that my reservation had been cancelled. I said I did not cancel the room and was told that the computer does not lie, people do. So much for customer service. The only rooms available were a jacuzzi suite ($40 more per night) or a room with double beds which my husband can't do as he is too tall. One of the people in our group switched their room so we could have a king size bed which was our original reservation. Also we were all quoted the same rate, yet when one of our group checked out, his room charge was $20 more than the rest of us. He was told that he was given the rate for the day he called to make the reservation because the rates change daily. The management would not budge. When another person in our group complained that the AC was not working in his room on a 90+ degree day, he was told they would see what they could do to find another room and if that didn't work, oh well. When our friend said I am not paying full price for a room with no AC he was told, "Then you can leave." It is the most mis-managed motel we have ever stayed at and we travel frequently. The management did nothing to accommodate us and we had booked 6 rooms. Apparently our business didn't matter to them at all. Needless to say none of us would ever make a reservation there again.

Room Tip: There is no tip. Just don't go there.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank mazurejd

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I have been going there for years. Prices have soared in past year. Not too clean but adequate. But the staff is RUDE and accusatory. Insinuated that a friend stole the towels when room was reassigned because the lights did not work. Big sign in room warning guests about taking their property. They threatened tto charge for the towels for which the maid did not leave. Staff is all family run. They are not very friendly. They walked away when we tried to discuss the matter.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Higley13
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The hotel room seemed nice, but as soon as I walked in it had a weird smell and tried to turn on the lights they wouldnt come on. Went to plug the lights and the clock in and there was no outlet near them. Me and my friend went back to Waldameer while my mom stayed there. When we returned my mom told us that above the one light there were cobwebs and the stand between the beds were dirty. I looked at the floor and found a small potato chip on the floor and the floor between the beds and the stand was dirty. My mom said that on the website it said free internet but when i went to the check in/out desk and asked about it the man said there was a $5 fee per devise. They barely had any thing to eat for breakfast. The man at the check in desk talked really quite and could barely understand him. The only thing good about this inn was it was not far away from Waldameer. I would not recommend this inn

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Ash742010
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Never again in spite of location! The bathroom was dirty, hair on dirty tub, toilet dirty, coffee pot not cleaned, microwave didn't work,salt water pool, strong lysol smell etc. My grandchildren are only 9 and 5 and they noticed how dirty it was. Don't stay here!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank bon1454
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We went to the lake to enjoy Labor Day and stayed for the 4th and 5th of Sept. The usual owners, who also manage and work the entire place, were not there upon check in they had a nice young couple covering for them who did not know how to use the computer system for billing. Instead of the owner being apologetic that we were over charged he informed me I could argue all I want he would not look into the bill because my statement had not been at month end for the credit card I had used!! Very rude, ignorant and dirty place all around!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank sum00
Reviewed 9 September 2010

I took my son here for the FLW fishing tournament, I didn't know the area so I tried to get a hotel as close to the marina as possible since tournament check in is at 5:30 am, the only thing and I mean ONLY good thing about this place is the location! We are 2 miles from Presque Isle Bay State Park. As I sit here I am looking at a piece of gum on the wall, a cheerio and filth behind the night stand, mold on the ice bucket lid etc... I'm going to search the area for another room now because I am physically getting sick looking around here!
If I came here earlier yesterday I would never had stayed but we drove 6 1/2 hrs. and were exhausted, now that it's becoming daylight I'm seriously grossing out!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Burnie17
Reviewed 9 August 2010

The photos are nice but the motel is terrible. Lobby was old looking and dirty.
We were in the last room way in the back. Large room but the floors were wooden and you could hear the people below talking very loud, tv going all night long and the doors banging shut. The bathroom was large enough but not handicap friendly at all. I had to stand on a towel to keep from sliding in the tub. The bathroom sink was clogged very slow going down, the bathroom floor was pieced together with tile. The ceiling looked like someone took a roller on a stick and just went over it with ceiling tectured paint and didn't stop even the light cover was covered with the texture paint. A NOTICE was glued into the wallpaper about everything being counted for and you would be charged for anything taken. I asked for a hairdryer according to the post ing on the website hairdryers were available in rooms but I had to ask and was told there could be a charge at the end but there wasn't when I returned it.
There was some breakfast but I was not going to eat anything there, the banana's were brown, there was very few rolls and no coffee left in the pots.
I will never stay at that place again and if you are smart don 't stay there either. For $200.00 for 2 nights I could have stayed someplace nicer and cleaner.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple