“Everything was 5+. We look forward to returning.”

Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were travelling home so only stayed one night. Location is just off highway so it was easy to access. Checking in at 3pm, even though they were busy checking in a bowling league, the clerks were prepared and extremely efficient so there was very little wait time. The room was clean and had all amenities, exactly what I expect from Quality Inn. However, two unexpected bonuses....The bar/restaurant on site serves wonderful potato skins, meals and the bartenders/servers are friendly and helpful. The prices are great too. The second great thing about this hotel is the "breakfast". The room is huge with many,many tables. They not only served the normal cereal,bagel,toast,waffles, etc, but they had scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages. I think there is a Casino nearby with shuttle buses going back and forth. We were on our way home to Ontario from Florida so we could only stay one night, but, next year I think we will plan on staying there for 2 nights and perhaps spend some time in their city.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It is guests like you that make our jobs at the hotel so gratifying. The next time you are in town and staying with us, please introduce yourself.
We really appreciate your business and look forward to meeting you.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 26 July 2011

We decided to divvy up our trip home and make the last stretch short. Booked here and it met every expectation. The rooms were great, cable great, wireless great, and the complimentary breakfast was above par. Check in was disappointing in that we arrived at 3:30 and rooms weren't ready (for us, and for others waiting in the lobby). Check in was at 4, we were told. Anyway, once settled all was fine. Pool was welcoming and, unlike many Quality Inns in recent experience, it had an onsite restaurant and lounge, a Watson requirement!!! Menu was limited, but damned tasty, and the bartender knew his drinks!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stuart W

Hello,

We are so happy your stay with us was so enjoyable! Black Jax Is a great bar without a doubt. We are so lucky to have it and the great staff that works in there. Thank you for the nice review and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

The room was Ok to sleep in, but the highway is noisy and the rooms a need a total update. I think it was built in the 1970's. The breakfast was good, but the room it is served in also needs an update. Our shower would not drain and they did correct it. We paid $120 per night and that was high; to stay an extra night on Saturday night I was told was $199. NO way! This is an $80 per night room at best. Would not stay again. Canton, OH

Room Tip: Next time stay near the mall
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you will not stay with us again. If you change your mind please contact me personally. Sounds like you stayed on the end wing of the hotel next to I-90. There are 100 other rooms here that are much quieter, especially on the opposite side of the property facing the woods.
Rates are based on the competition, occupancy levels, seasonality, and many other things. We adjust them accordingly and are in line (or cheaper) with other hotels in our star rating class and market. Yes, a weekend night in July or August could cost $199.99, but in January or February the rate could be $79.99. It is all about supply and demand.

Any questions please call me.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

I determined that I wasn't going to make my destination and had my wife book this hotel in Erie on the internet a few hours before my arrival. My room was the furthest away from the office, facing the Super-8 hotel, on the second floor, near the highway (noisy!)

The metal casing around the door looked like someone had tried to jimmy their way in. There was an exposed electrical box near the heater/AC unit, stains on the ceiling, and electrical patch work in the bathroom (wiremold from one spot to another). The room seriously needed renovating! I should have taken photos

On the other hand, as best as I could tell, it was cleaned well. And the breakfast was pretty good. The $90 or so I paid seemed overpriced, but I don't know the area.

My laptop couldn't sign on to their network (no problems anywhere else), but got it from the Super-8 next door.

I'm noting the almost combative tone of the management- from the signs in the room with pricing for things like the clock radio and towels (I assume they have a problem with theft?) to "Ryan's" response posts here.

Not terrible, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank NHPhotographer

Hello,

We appreciate your comments above and will address them immediately. We were having issues with the internet at the time when you stayed with us and for that our apologies. Yes, we do have small table tent signs with prices of items in our guest rooms. You are correct they do deter theft, but they are also in the rooms for the many guests that buy items from us like pillows, comforters, blankets etc. You would be surprised how many comforters guests buy from us and these signs help the cause for us and our guests. I hope you reconsider your decision to never stay with us again, and if you do please contact me personally.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

This hotel could be a winner: Conveniently located next to highway, good prices, good customer service and above average complimentary breakfast (for this class of hotel)...

Only downside are the rooms; maybe some of them are renovated but ours was old and the carpet was smelly and you could hear a lot of noise from the interstate... Could be a lot better...At least the sheets and the bath we're clean..

I recommend the hotel but not the rooms on the west side with the view on the newest hotel..

Room Tip: See the room before, avoid west side of the building...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Hello,

We appreciate your review and will look into the room you stayed in immediately. If you get a chance, please contact the hotel at your earliest convenience so we could find out your stay information and see if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Thank you!!

Reviewed 25 June 2011

Seriously - $160 per night for 1970's decor? The reason for a 2 is that the in-house restaurant was good and even for the extremely out-dated and maintenance defficient conditions there was not a dust-bunny in sight. But it was so creepy that it made me walk to the corner store to buy Lysol. Ask for an updated room, maybe that is better.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

I ask in the future, whatever hotel you stay at, that you would express your concerns while you are at a hotel. We would of accommodated you in any way possible. You stayed with us during our peak season and trust me $160.00 was a deal in this area on that night. If your stay was that bad then why did you not say anything? Our rooms are clean, remodeled, and in good condition. Besides all this, thousands of guests and our wonderful staff happen to love our RETRO hotel !!!

Reviewed 15 June 2011

I called the Quality Inn & Suites well over a week ago to discuss booking a function with the sales staff; was told by receptionist that "she isn't in today". I left my contact information and never heard back. I called again today; same answer -- "she's not in today". The one day function would have generated in the area of approximately $5,000 or more in revenue for the Quality Inn & Suites. Oh, well; I guess they are doing so well they don't need any new business because I'm taking my business elsewhere in the Erie area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

My deepest apologies for my sales person not getting back to you. This issue is being resolved. I appreciate your feedback, but wish you would of contacted myself before posting such a bad experience on trip advisor. I had no idea that she wasn't returning your calls. If I can help you in anyway in the future please don't hesitate to contact me personally.