“Overall a nice place to stay”

Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Somerset, PA
“Overall a nice place to stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We recently stayed for two days. The room itself was average for the price. We did enjoy the pool, which was nicely heated for the cool summer temperatures. The full breakfast was also a plus (eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, bagels, yogurt, etc.). Close to a few fast food restaurants and right off RT. 90. Housekeeping A+

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Hi Heather,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Quality Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We booked our room as part of a block for a wedding. Our room was a king bed. Rooms are small and outdated. The staff was ok, not overly friendly. The latch on our door was broke and the chairs in our room were heavily stained. The place is falling apart. Our friends room ceiling was chipping and there were places where the hotel was falling down litteraly. The biggest issue was the shower. You have to wait about 5 mins for the water to get warm and the temperature fluctuated constantly during the shower. Without touching the handle the shower would get extremely hot then bitter cold. Also the vending machine ate our money but the hotel gave us a refund. Since this was the hotel with the special rate I'm not sure what other rooms in the area are comparable but if there are any similar priced I would recommend skipping this one. I'm sure this hotel is one of the cheaper in the area so if you just want a cheap place to rest for a night and don't mind some disrepair then this place would be fine.

As a side note the hotel also got our reservation incorrect and tried to give us an incorrect rate but they did take care of the mix up.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Patrick,

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue with your room and rate.

Quality Inn & Suites

Travellers are raving about these Erie hotels

Hershey
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I had read mixed reviews so I was a little nervous about staying here. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes it is an older hotel showing a little wear and tear but we couldn't have had a nicer stay. Room was comfortable and clean. Heated pool was fantastic. We ate at the black jax for lunch and it was great. And no one else was even in the restaurant which is odd because it's good. Out room was right next to interstate and I barely heard the traffic. The breakfast buffet is great and plentiful. Overall great stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi there,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We try very hard to make sure each and every one of our guests feels right at home. We hope to see you again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I recently visited erie for the local motorcycle rally in the city. I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel i have red all the reviews and it doesn't not do this place justice. Now I must admit I was a little Hesitant when I saw the construction but after talking to the manager he informed me they are redoing that whole walk area. This is an older hotel but the staff makes up for the age. Everyone at the front desk bartenders and housekeepers were very friendly and helped when needed. The general manager was there Sunday at check out and was very nice and asked how are stay was I told him I was impressed and he gave me his card and said if I every came back in the area give him a call that he takes care of returning guest. I recommend if in the area give the place a chance their friendly staff makes up for everything .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jason D
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hi Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Tony and Courtney made our stay an excellent one. Our bowling group has booked our getaway weekend there for the past several years and this is the best overall service we have ever received. The hotel itself needs repairs. The upper balcony needs replaced. The outside balcony was under construction. The pool was nice, the bar was a good time with karaoke. I didn't eat at Black Jax because their were better options close by. With I-90 being so close, you could hear the traffic, but after the first night it just wasn't as noticeable. If the repairs are done to the balconies, I would recommend this hotel for a reasonably priced stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Mike,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us yet again and for taking the time to review your stay here. I'm happy you were pleased once again with your stay. We recently redid balconies on one part of the hotel and now we are renovating the other part. We hope to see you and your group again and thanks again for your continued loyalty. Let us know if we can be of any help to you in the future.

Kind Regards,
Pittsburgh, Pa
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Staff friendly and helpful, nice lobby and breakfast wasn't bad either. Free shuttle to the casino, and other local spots. Now the bad... Hotel is right on I-90 so if you don't mind the sound of NASA testing missiles all night, you should get a good nights rest. Trucks down shifting all night made it tough to sleep, and we were on the far side. Room was clean and spacious, but needs serious updating (others have commented they're doing that now?) but it reminded me of trips as a kid with my parents in the late 70's and 80's. AC unit leaked in the room making carpet wet which I'm sure is mold ridden. Pool looked nice.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello there,

Thank you for taking your time to do a review of our hotel. I'm happy you were pleased with our amenities and our staff. We are constantly remodeling and upgrading our facility. We hope to see you again.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were staying at the Quality Inn again.. Nice rooms ,Great Staff !!
Free shuttle to Casino, and the Black Jax Bar and Grill had awesome bartenders and the food we had was real good.. We had pizza and wings they were excellent !! Everyone was friendly and had great experience.. we will be back ,,

Room Tip: pool side rooms to see all the other guests gather