“don't waste your time or money”

Colony Pub & Grille
Ranked #143 of 429 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I'm not joking when I rated this place as 'terrible'. I cannot think of a better word to describe it. The last meal I ate here, about 3 years ago, was horrible and since then I vowed to never return...EVER. I ordered 'the special' that day which was something to the tune of a steak alfredo dish. What I got was a bowl of overcooked pasta in a bland who-knows-what kind of sauce with steak grizzle on top. I told the waitress that I was unhappy with the meal and she basically shrugged and walked away. No apology, no offer to take it away and bring me something else. Nothing. Not even a verbal acknowledgement of my disappointment. Even if you wanted to go to the Colony just for a drink, you can expect a watered-down, mini-sized, overpriced beverage. I swear the 'iced tea' is brown water...presumably a powdered mix but with ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA flavoring to it. Yes, this is a negative review, but I can't even truly express how I feel about this place. I know it's been around for forever, but the food doesnt have to taste like it has too.

2  Thank ErieChickadee

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We've been eating here for years, great steaks, super staff. Always paying attention to the small details.

1  Thank Steven B
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Service above average, good meal and fair prices. Perch was lightly fried and mash potatoes very good.

1  Thank billreedred
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Most diners go because they have a coupon or Local Fine Dining Card. You just need to know what items are the "good ones". Many older folks or people that aren't looking for a fancy rest. like it. We have eaten there numerous times as it is in a good location, they accept reservations(recommended) and you can find healthy food on the menu. Their wine and drinks menu is good, they have a decent bar and sometimes live entertainment. Would recommend.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

had chicken marsala - flour lumps in sauce, very little marsala flavor - it was more like gravy - the chicken breast itself was not tender and high quality - another customer nearby unhappily returned their unchewable kebabs to the kitchen - for the prices you presume it is high quality chef-prepared food - that is NOT the case

1  Thank geriols

Been to Colony Pub & Grille? Share your experiences!