“Great dinner, friendly and helpful service”

Colony Pub & Grille
Ranked #137 of 407 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Great dinner, friendly and helpful service”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were referred to this place by Erie residents, who recommended it. It is, as advertised, a "pub and grill" and makes no pretensions to be otherwise. We were fortunate to have Pat as our server, he recommended the Cajun tenderloin tips as an appetizer, and they were wonderful--served rare to medium rare, nicely seasoned, lots of them for two to share. Ordered the panfried perch dinner and the spare ribs (which seem to be a favorite, judging by the plates we saw come out to other diners). The perch was lovely, nicely done, and the ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender. We chose the soup as our starter (seafood chowder this day) rather than the salad--it was quite tasty, but a bit over-thickened.
This place is not long on atmosphere, and the music from the adjoining lounge/bar (live accoustic guitar) can be a bit distracting at first, but this place definitely seems very popular with those who live in Erie (at least two couples were celebrating anniversaries), and once food arrived on our table, the music was more of a pleasant and enjoyable background to the meal. We'd happily return, we thought the food was very good, the prices were decent, and the service was very helpful.
Overall, a good recommendation.

• Visited August 2013
Carol N, Manager at Colony Pub & Grille, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad to hear that you stopped in based on a recommendation and that you enjoyed your experience. The spare ribs are certainly a favorite and we are glad you were able to try these along with a few other items! Thank you for sharing your review, we look forward to serving you again in the future.

“Local Best secret in Erie”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Found this local bar/restaurant near the penninsula entrance. Wonderful food, excellent menu. Looks like something out of the 60's but great atmosphere. Entertainment on weekends. We always eat there when we go to Erie. Price is reasonable. Can eat outside if you wish.

• Visited July 2013
Carol N, Manager at Colony Pub & Grille, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your review! We are glad you discovered us and are happy to hear that you visit us whenever you’re in town! We are glad you enjoy the food and atmosphere. We hope you will be in Erie and visit again soon!
Wayne, PA
“Great dinner”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were very pleased with our entire dinner at Colony in May, 2013. Because we didn't care for the live music, we asked for and received a table in a separate dining room. For appetizer, the buffalo chicken wings were very good, meaty, and with just the correct amount of spiciness. The prime rib was tasty, tender and flavorful. We especially enjoyed the Pan Fried Lake Perch. It was prepared with the correct amount and type of seasonings, lightly breaded and pan fried to perfection. This is the best way to prepare fresh lake perch, not deep fried like the other nearby local seafood place.
Service was attentive and correct.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lois L
Carol N, Manager at Colony Pub & Grille, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Lois, thank you for taking the time to share your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. We hope that you will join us for an evening out again soon!
Erie
“don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I'm not joking when I rated this place as 'terrible'. I cannot think of a better word to describe it. The last meal I ate here, about 3 years ago, was horrible and since then I vowed to never return...EVER. I ordered 'the special' that day which was something to the tune of a steak alfredo dish. What I got was a bowl of overcooked pasta in a bland who-knows-what kind of sauce with steak grizzle on top. I told the waitress that I was unhappy with the meal and she basically shrugged and walked away. No apology, no offer to take it away and bring me something else. Nothing. Not even a verbal acknowledgement of my disappointment. Even if you wanted to go to the Colony just for a drink, you can expect a watered-down, mini-sized, overpriced beverage. I swear the 'iced tea' is brown water...presumably a powdered mix but with ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA flavoring to it. Yes, this is a negative review, but I can't even truly express how I feel about this place. I know it's been around for forever, but the food doesnt have to taste like it has too.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank ErieChickadee
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great location and staff.”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We've been eating here for years, great steaks, super staff. Always paying attention to the small details.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Steven B

Been to Colony Pub & Grille? Share your experiences!