“WOW! Great Customer service”

Courtyard Erie Ambassador Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family was enroute from Pittsburgh to Buffalo when the Epic snowstorm of March 2014 hit us straight on. Within 5 minutes of driving into it, we knew we were in trouble and immediately exited the Thruway and started frantically searching for accomodations. The Hilton waS FULL AS we DROVE UP TO THEIR ENTRANCE, BUT THEY GRACIOUSLY DIRECTED US TO THEIR SISTER mARRIOTT NEXT DOOR AND WE GRABBED THE LAST ROOM AS THE BIZZARD DESCENDED! All I can say is WOW! We were greeted with compassion and enthusiam!!! Great service and clean property, we plan on stopping here every time we visit from now on!!!

Room Tip: we had a smallbalcony where we could view the storm!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in a king size suite with hot tub. Everything was very clean and plenty of towels. The indoor pool was very nice. This hotel would be good for everyone. It's close to Splash Lagoon and Millcreek Mall.

Room Tip: Try a king size suite with a hot tub.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My family stayed here while we participated in the Erie Soccer tournament. Great location just off I90 and close to everything we needed.Hotel is located on Peach so it is near the Mill Creek Mall for shopping, lots of rstaurants to chose from for all tastes. Starbuck, Timmies just down the street for those coffee lovers.

Overall check in was smooth with no issues. Gentlemen behind the desk was nice enough to offer us cold bottled water which was welcome. The hotel lobby is nice and contemporary with a seating area and large flat screen TV. The hotel has a pool which we did not have time to use but looked nice. The room was equiped with a king bed,pull out sofa, work station and free wifi. The finishes were all new and the room was very clean. Overall the room was top notch.

You can always rely on Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

When I arrived at the front desk they insisted on having my credit card even though my company has a direct bill relationship.
They gave me a bottle of water which was nice, but it was taken off a shelf and was warm. Huh?
The hotel room was clean and the tv was a 32 " LG HD with lots of channels.
The little soaps and shampoo/conditioner were upscal and smelled nice.
The sink had no hot water(!) That's a cardinal sin. Hot water , cleanliness, safety and a comfortable bed are top considerations. After running the water for a couple minutes not only did I have no hot water but the water level was rising due to a slow draining sink.
Also, the vending machine signs led only to ice machines. I actually went to three different floors looking for a snack only to find there were no vending machines.
I fold me ound a maid who told me that the snacks were in the lobby. Ok....Then what's with the signs all over the hotel promising vending machines on each floor. When I got to the hotel snack store I found them horrendously overpriced. Vending machines are overpriced but that's fine. I'll pay $1.25-$1.50 for Reeses Pieces, but in the lobby it was $2.75! This is ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA not NYC.
Haven't taken a shower yet, hopefully it will be hot. Wish me luck...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CAYMAN4647
Tony T, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Erie Ambassador Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

We appreciate your guest feedback on the Erie Courtyard by Marriott. We have made several upgrades to the hotel to meet most of our customers needs. In the Re-do we have followed Courtyard's new refreshing business structure. We apologize the "The Market" you felt was overpriced and that you were given room temperature water instead of ice cold. Our staff is trained on responding to guest questions and concerns. I feel that if a cold water would have been requested immediately we would have had you one in a moments notice. We try our very best to do whatever is necessary within reason to fullfill our guests needs. We sincerely apologize if we fell a little short on your specific needs. We will use your feedback and try and make the Team a little better at noticing some of the items you mentioned to make us even better. Thanks so much again

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

We stay here on a regular basis. The staff has always been very nice and accommodating. The hotel itself is very nice with modern amenities and good facilities. Also, there are an abundance of restaurants and shopping working walking distance. Absolutely one if my favorite stays!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dean M
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel Aug. 23, 2013. It is a great experience. When we first arrived, the lobby looks great and peaceful. The check in is very fast. The room we booked was quiet and clean.The size of the room is larger than we have expected. The bed is very comfortable. Also, There is a lot of restaurants in walking distance. We love the hotel very much and would like to book this hotel again next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Xiaoye2013
Tony T, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Erie Ambassador Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We value your opinion and it gives us an opportunity to make the nexts guest stay that much better. Thank you for giving us positive feedback to relay to our team.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel on 11/5/2013. Pretty much everything about the room was nice. Walls were not thin. Could not hear neighbors. Everything appeared clean and well kept. Convenient to numerous restaurants and has a restaurant and Starbucks on site. Only thing I might correct is the front desk staff. I travel a lot for my job and can honestly say they were not very welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kalinds

Thank you for your feedback on the Erie Courtyard Marriott. This is the Guest Service Manager of the hotel and our Complex management team do monitor this feedback site as it gives us a better opportunity to see what guests say about our hotel and sevice as well as gives us a better opportunity to get better in areas guests feel we lack. Appreciate the comments and hope to have you back again when visiting Erie, Pa