“Welcoming Experience”

Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We lucked out when we used Priceline for the first time and ended up at the Fairfield Inn. This was a quick stop over on our way to Florida, so I probably wouldn't have paid the rack rate. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast was great. The room was clean and comfortable. Nothing bad to say at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I walked away from this hotel being absolutely impressed by the cleanliness and gracious staff. We are from Ohio and were doing some shopping in Erie when I came down with the sore throat and cold from h*ll. We drove up and luckily got the last room on a Saturday evening ($91 plus tax for two dbl bed room). When my husband mentioned my cold and asked where the closest store was to purchase a 2 liter of lemon lime soda - the front desk staff told him to wait one minute. Then returned with a Sierra Mist from a conference that was held there and they had extra!

I sniffled my way from the car to the front desk headed for the elevator - when the staff wished me a good night and wishes of feeling better. So kind!

Now the room. I tried really, really hard to find something wrong. A piece of dust, a crumb in the carpet, a fleck of mold in the bathroom and there wasn't one thing out of place. The room was spotless. We put our leftovers in the fridge and I hit the shower. THE BEST SHOWER OF MY LIFE. Super clean bathroom, FLUFFY towels, top of the line toiletries, plenty of hot water, and a showerhead that had multiple, blissful options!!

The beds: we both drifted off in seconds. Fresh sheets, amazing mattress and sooo many high quality pillows.

Since I was in a haze and wanted to head home, I didn't have the chance to experience the full continental breakfast or indoor pool or plaza with places to shop across the parking lot. But, the next time we return to shop...this is the ONLY hotel I will book with.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful, but as a brand loyal traveller, I was surprised with the average stay. Rooms were clean and roomy, beds were very comfortable and that is why I choose to spend the additional money. But this time I felt like I overspent. I believe that the room I stayed in needed to be refurbished. Carpet and some of the furnishings needed to be replaced. The breakfast area was small and extremely cold due to the main entry door being opened constantly. The breakfast was not impressive at all, and this surprised me as I have stayed at many Fairfield Inn locations before. The small pool was warm, and the kids had fun in it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you are such a loyal traveler to our brand. I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable, and that your children enjoyed swimming in our pool. You are correct in stating that we are a bit more of a vintage property than some other hotels in our brand, but we compensate for that by ensuring that our staff takes exceptional care of each and every guest that walks through our doors. I am pleased to hear that you experienced the kind of treatment you expect and deserve as a valuable guest in our hotel. I hope that our commitment to excellent service will bring you back to the hotel in the future, should you return to Erie again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Was very disappointed in this Fairfield Inn. In Erie for business but this hotel was filled with loud and boisterous kids with families. Doors open and slammed shut at all hours, there was no control of noise by the front desk or employees. They seemingly did not hear the noise. This was very disconcerting because of needing rest for meetings and travel. The noise levels were intolerable. The rooms were not sound proof because you could hear the people on the floor above the room. Hotel was clean and presentable that was the only positive. But not a good experience for a business traveler! One other negative was there was absolutely NO food available for breakfast. They said they would replenish but it did not happen. Was not too happy about that so I went to a local restaurant for breakfast.
Would not choose to stay here again. There are a lot of other hotel choices nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

We sincerely regret the disturbance you experienced. Our location does have a lot of leisure travelers, and that can occasionally can mean more activity and noise in the hotel, as much as we try to contain it. We do value all of our guests and certainly do not want to lose your business. We would like to discuss the matter directly wit you so that we ca work towards a suitable resolution. Please contact myself, or another member of the management team, at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Hotel had a very sub-standard breakfast with scrambled eggs, 1 make your own waffle machine, breakfast cereals, toast, gravy and biscuits. Stale apples and juice machine. Breakfast area was way too small for hotel size. 24 hour coffee and tea was nice. Fairfield management could take note that other hotels have added extra room for the breakfast area, it just was way too tight and I felt sorry for the worker responsible for so many people. Also, the choices were very slim and just traditional choices. Other hotels in the chain have much better choices such as fresh fruit, breakfast bars, prepared oat meal, and at least one meat, many have multiple meats now, this one had none!

Pool small, no whirlpool and no exercise room. This may be one of the few chains of all Marriott hotels that did not have an exercise room. On the brighter side, the hotel had nice TV's and heater was a thermostat control, but the room lacked sufficient towels, towels were very thin, and had to go to the desk to ask for shampoo. Still waiting for it to be delivered to the room, since the clerk stated she had none and could send it to the room. We never received it.

The hotel is on the grounds of Mill Creek Mall and also has massive restaurant choices within a mile. The best part was having the old flea market only open weekends right next to the hotel with a 1970 game room and jumparoo for kids and tons of things to buy for practically nothing.

The white bed spread had a blue stain on it which was a bit disgusting . Telephones were very old and the room was very electric outlet challenged lacking sufficient number of outlets compared to other hotels in the chain. Internet was fine, a bit slow, but it worked with little trouble.

Room Tip: Nothing really special, just don't expect much more than a standard room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the many service letdowns you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and I take it personally when we fail. I would love for you to contact me at the hotel directly to discuss this in more detail so that we can find a resolution that will not only satisfy you, but also convince you to return to our hotel again on your next visit to Erie. We would like to opportunity to provide you with the service you have come to know and expect from a Marriott product. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

While Maria at the front desk was indeed very friendly and gave us a lovely welcome, our 1 night stay was less than ideal. We stay in a lot of hotels and have never written a review, but this stay warranted one. First, we had trouble getting in through the front door with our luggage! Only one single swing door in the main entrance, making it difficult to even enter. When we reserved the room, we indicated that there were 4 of us staying and indicated in the comments section that we'd need extra pillows. We found no extra pillows and only three tiny towels in the bathroom. Why ask for what we need when reserving the room if you're not going to read it? We chose the hotel becuase it had a pool and we were traveling with our children. They were more than disappointed to see the sign on the pool door that it was closed--for no discernable reason. When we asked at the desk, they said the pool was indeed closed, but didn't offer an explanation as to why. It would have been nice to hear this at check in before we paraded everyone down to the lobby dressed for a swim. With swimming not an option, we tried to watch some TV, but the reception was so bad that we could barely follow the program! Most upsetting to me was the bedding. I have never before stayed in a hotel where the fitted sheet was unable to stay on the matress, leaving the mattress exposed! The actual mattress! Not covered with any sanitary covering...just the bare mattress! I could barely sleep beccause I kept waking up to try to put the fitted sheet back on the bed so that I wasn't touching the bare mattress. We were also shocked to see that breakfast was only availalble until 9. Again, any Marriot that we've ever stay in has at least offered breakfast until 10. The 9 AM time really makes it harder on traveling families.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank goodnight2014
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to have been a very bad experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the long list of service failures you experienced. I would like to discuss the matter directly so that we can work towards a suitable resolution and restore your faith in our hotel and service team. Please contact myself or another member of management at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This Fairfield, is average but very clean. It's what you should get from Fairfield. The front desk folks were great. Our room was clean and everything worked fine. Breakfast was fine other than the sausage they are serving. I don't even know what that is! It sure isn't sausage. However you could find things to fill you up. It's close to a lot of places to eat. The only thing bad I will say is about the pool. Take a look at their website and the photos. Their pool photos show a hot tub behind the pool. I looked in and there was NO hot tub in the pool area. In fact the picture online is definitely not from this hotel. This is not the first time I've had this happen, and it always makes me mad. Part of my decision on a hotel is that they have a hot tub because of my back. If you want a clean, friendly hotel, this place is just fine. Erie hotels tend to be over priced and beat up so this Fairfield is a good bet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear that there were so many positive experiences during your stay, especially with respect to our staff. I will make sure to pass on your praise to them as well. I do apologize that you were led to believe that we have a hot tub at our property. Unfortunately this feature is no longer available at our hotel, and I am sorry for the confusion this caused. We value your feedback greatly, and hope that you will return to our hotel upon your next visit to Erie. Thank you,