“Excellent and Convenient!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent and Convenient!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Excellent Value, great room, and breakfast! Great Mall next door if you're a shopper. There are great restaurants in the area and we had a great meal at Longhorn Steakhouse. The room was comfortable but, a little noisy from the Highway traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway or at the back of the Hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Thank you for the very positive review! We look forward to seeing you back next timeyou are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

The hotel was clean and for the most part quiet except there were quite a few families and at times you could hear the children running in the hall. Breakfast was disappointing. The selection was minimal and on the Sunday they had Buiscuts and gravy that did not look very appealing. The heating/airconditioning unit was quite loud and located in the bedroom

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
thank you for your response. It is wonderful to be acknoweledged for our cleanliness! Hope you can come back soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

We've stayed here before, but this time it seems as though the hotel needs a bit of sprucing. The staff is very nice and helpful, but the room we got this time was quite loud (all night), I asked for a smoking room and I definitely got a smokers room...the smell wasn't so hot, but I guess that's what you get. Otherwise, for the purpose of the trip the stay was satifactory.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Roselle, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

My business week stay here was not up to my expectations. Starting with the entryway doors...not easy to open dragging in luggage as the doors do not have an easy push open entry or automatic operation. Next as a Diamond Hilton member, my portfolio is very exact...upper floor, away from elevators. Placed on 3rd floor, adjacent to the elevator. As this week appears to be spring break for families, the hotel is overrun with children running up and down hallways, in the pool, dining area, not controlled by parents. This is tolerable as my time in the hotel is minimal, days at client site. But my nights have been wearing, as children overhead my room spend hours running, disturbing my downtime. Attempted to be relocated to top floor and nothing available for a Diamond Member, which is not satisfactory, as business people are the primary source of income for most hotels, not spring breakers. And as a Diamond Member, I had to go to desk to get one of my "rewards" for my loyalty to this chain, beverages and snack, instead of them waiting in my "upper floor, away from elevators" room, as the norm. Have two more weeks in this area, but have switched hotels elsewhere as the level of service here is disappointing.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
I understand the disappointment of not having your requests granted- but we probably were not able to get you on the top floor- we were sold out for the week. Several of the rooms on the top floor are smoking rooms and this room type was not on your profile. I am sorry you would not consider us for the remainder of your stay during your time in Erie. I can only ask that you consider coming back and to try us again.
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed here on 26th of March 2013 and it was terrific in every way including proximity to restaurants, cleanliness, the free breakfast, comfort, and service. There is a small but very adequate indoor pool.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful review!! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Orleans
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

mary was great at reception - shame on second day was not mary we spoke to and asked for room to be cleaned at 9am - the room was never cleaned - we were just given clean towels at 3pm

very disappointed as wanted this to become a regular getaway

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
We appreciate the concerns you expressed in your review. I apologize that your request for housekeeping was not met. We try to address each request and your request must have been miscommunicated between departments- I do apologize for the error on our part.

Thank you for the kind comments about Mary!

If you return to the area- I hope you will consider staying with us again.
Niagara Falls, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed at the Homewood Suites when I had to remain overnight in Erie for business. It was a last minute decision to stay here, but i am glad I did.

The hotel is in a good location near a mall, which provides many options for shopping and food, but not close enough for retail to interfere with the peace and quiet of the hotel.

I checked I nearly evening on a weeknight and was informed that they were serving dinner. Dinner was comprised of salad, chicken fingers, and pierogies. The food was average, but it was very nice option when you're working late and don't want to venture out once you get in.

The rooms are big and comfortable, and the surroundings are quiet. The bed was comfortable, allowing a good night sleep. The shower had good pressure and water temperature was good.

There was a pool, workout room and business center that all looked nice, but I did not use.

Breakfast was good, with many breakfast options. I myself had sausage, egg and a waffle - which were decent.

I would definitely stay again when I visit Erie.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Erie Homewood!