“A gem hidden in the snow”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel was recommended to us by friends from home. We had a bit of trouble finding it but once we did we were delighted ! The lady registering us was pleasant. The room was more spacious than we anticipated. Having a nice big kitchen was a pleasant surprise. The bathroom was very clean however the ceiling fan was extremely loud. The sliding doors in the ensuite were sticking and we mentioned It at the front desk. When we returned from shopping it was sort of fixed but still an issue. I find that beds other than your own rarely measure up and once again I am proved right. Mattress and pillows too soft.
Breakfast is from 6-9 We got there about 830 and the eggs were gone and it took a while to get them replaced. There weren't any china plates only plastic and plastic cutlery. I finished off the remainder of the scrambled eggs and they were pleasantly good. I'm not sure what people ate who came after us.
Dinner was spaghetti and meatballs and we got there at 5:30 with dinner being served from 5 to 730. It's the first time I've been in a hotel where dinner was served as well complementary. It would have been perfect if there was grated cheese available and possibly water although they did serve white and red wine. Bravo and thank you !!
We will definitely come back to this hotel again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel R
VICKI M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We take each and every comment seriously and try to improve in all areas within our control. We are glad that you were satisfied and we hope that you will return during your next travels to Erie, PA.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I give this hotel very high reviews. Room changing was very accomodating to different times and my asking for service when I had originally declined with the privacy tag on the door. Excellent linens (down comforters) which I thought was a very nice touch. GREAT pillows I have to say and a lot of them which was VERY nice. No problems sleeping b/c of it. Bed wasn't a Westin or Heavenly bed, but very very good. I was very pleased with the kitchen, fully stocked with plates, dishes, dishwasher. Super cool experience. Not sure why I haven't been "hoteling" like this all along. Front desk, particurly fantastic at this Erie PA hotel - tall dark gentleman was particularly fantastic on the phone - not many words, and perfect details. Very very pleased overall.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay. We strive on customer service and I am extremely pleased that we delivered during your stay and met your expectations. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Excellent for family trio. We had a very nice room and delicious breakfast. Very nice staff. I asked for a roll away bed, they gave it right away. We will come back. I will recommend this to my friends.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. It is great to see the positive as it motivates the staff and keeps the team driven. We also take the negative feedback as well and use it as a tool to grow. I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

stayed with my husband and daughter for the weekend. It was a lovely hotel. The hot tub and pool were great our room was nice but the breakfast staff used the plastic plates and cups, had to wait forever for an extra blanket. But they are close to everything. If it would have been summer we could have walked to dinner. The mall is right there and the grocery store right down the road. all in all a good stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

I hope you enjoyed your holidays and that you are experiencing a successful and happy 2014. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I can certainly understand your comments about the paper ware at breakfast. We do put paper ware on display from time to time to meet the demand of our guest and to eliminate a possible wait for china. We have evaluated this need and are working toward smoother operations in that area. I also apologize for the extended wait time for your requested item. I hope this will not hinder you from staying with us again. Warm regards

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel on Boxing Day. The good: The staff was very welcoming, accommodated a request to change to a quiet room and speedily delivered some missing extra bedding. The breakfast buffet was way above your normal included breakfast, and KUDOS to the hotel for actually offering real dishes and silverware rather than the cheap and very environmentally unfriendly styrofoam ones the competing hotels use - just for that I would choose to stay here again! And enjoyed a nice fish dinner in the evening, even with a glass of wine. The kitchenette was handy, the main mattress was comfortable. Now for the bad: the first room we were in seemed very clean - unfortunately a herd of elephants moved in right above our heads. Thankfully, we were moved to a quieter location. However, you should be aware that this hotel does seem to have exceptionally thin walls and ceilings. The mattress in the sofa bed is really not meant for a "real person" sleeping on it: perhaps suitable for a pre-schooler, but not anyone beyond that, and the furniture has some stains and is definitely showing some wear, so I would give the rooms themselves no more than 3 stars. Pool looked nice. Dinner was not refilled from before 7PM, even though it was posted to be offered to 7:30, and no real dishes at dinnertime. As for value,we had booked the hotel at much less thant the rate quoted on the hotel website - I would choose the hotel again at a discounted rate, but I would not consider it to be worth the rates quoted on the hotel site.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hallway facing away from the highway to get some quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

I hope you enjoyed your holidays and that you are experiencing a successful and happy 2014. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our guest comments are what help us grow and learn and determine the needs and wants of our travelers. I hope that we will be your choice during your next visit to Erie, PA.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed three nights starting 12/9. Check was efficient and the suite was large and clean. Breakfast was above average. Service was friendly and efficient.
The evening food was a pleasure if you did not want to go out for dinner.
My only negative comment was that my room was near the mechanical room and there was quite a bit of noise as some type of compressor or other machine cut on at 6:00 a.m.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
VICKI M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback so that we can improve and be the best. I have reported this item to maintenance for review/repair. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Erie. Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel en route to Canada during the worst snowstorm of the year. Warmest Smiles and Welcome with chicken and dumplings waiting and a warm inviting Reception Lounge with glowing fireplace and Smiles and Happiness all around us in our Welcome. Most Definitely a Hilton Hotel that I shall remember always and return to - the best experience ever in Warm Welcomes. Absolutely Incredible. This travel stopover Oasis is on my All Time Favourites List. Cost nominal - over the top Welcome - Staff are wonderful and the suite was Fabulous with a Fireplace too. Congratulations HomeWood Suites Erie - You are simply SUPERB!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
VICKI M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thank you for giving us a “FIVE” star review. Your description of “warm and welcoming” is exactly how we want our guest to feel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back very soon. I know time is valuable and we appreciate you taking the time to share these comments.