“Lucked out and got free dinner too! Nice hotel~”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed here on a Thursday night & didn't know they had a little dinner buffet Monday-Thursday nights. It was a nice surprise & also very good! We enjoyed our stay here except for the bed! I thought I was booking a double double but ended up with just a queen bed and we are used to sleeping in a king bed so we were very uncomfortable plus the mattress is way way too soft! It was like sleeping on a big old fluffy marshmallow! Neither of us slept well at all. But the staff was nice, the hot tub was nice (but the control for the jets is hidden by the fire hydrant!) and everything was very clean. But we probably won't stay there again as the bed was too uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a firm mattress! Unless you like super soft beds
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
VICKI M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It seems you enjoyed your visit. I do apologize regarding the comfort of the mattress. All of our guest suites have the Hilton standard Serta Suite dreams mattresses to provide the best sleep experience possible. Based on usage, I am sure some may be softer/firmer than others. I hope this will not hinder you from staying with us in the future. We do offer King Suites which seems like it will fit your needs. I hope you will give us another chance in the future. To ensure the correct room/bed type, you can call the hotel directly to book your reservations.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

So, I was really excited when I found out I was staying at this hotel for my trip to Conneaut. It features all suites, and breakfast and dinner. I have to admit I was disappointed. The room was nice and I enjoyed having the kitchenette area, but I had an issue with the thermostat all week. Every night I would set it at something like 68, and when I woke up in the morning, it was somehow set to 74 or 75. Stifling!

Housekeeping was so so. They never replaced the makeup removal wipe that I was thrilled to find when I checked in. They never emptied the coffee pot. Once they didn't replace the coffee I used. I got a blanket out of the closet the first evening, and while I didn't expect them to put it away, they just left it in a pile on the couch.

And finally, the food was also so so. The breakfast was the usual kind of breakfast served at these hotels, and was fine. Dinner was the disappointment. If you didn't get down there right at the start of the meal time, pickings were slim, as they were not quick to refill anything. The second night was supposed to be meatloaf, and they were basically just hamburger patties with very little flavor. The wine was a nice touch though.

So overall, it's a decent hotel, but nothing that would make me stay here over any other local hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa C

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and it seems we fell short during this visit. As far as the replenishment of the amenities in your room, there are certain items that are only in placement upon arrival. We would certainly replenish if asked, but unfortunately not all items are to be replaced daily. Also, my apologies regarding the breakfast and dinner concerns and I will certainly heighten focus in these areas to ensure that all of our guests are satisfied. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to provide you with a great hotel experience

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites for 5 nights. It is an above average property, but could use some refreshing to make it "very good." The rooms are spacious and I thought the housekeeping staff did a great job of keeping the room very clean. The customer service at the front desk was very good. In summary, this is a good place to stay for a no-frills, but still comfortable visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. I will certainly share your comments with the staff regarding the housekeeping service and also the customer service our front desk provided. It definitely keeps the staff motivated to hear these comments. I hope you will stay with us again during your future travels to Erie.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I enjoyed my trip to the Homewood Inn suites. The hotel was very good to my daughter and i we would stay again we enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. so if you are traveling and you see this hotel I say stay there....

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your time here and were able to use some of our great amenities. I hope to see you back during your next travels to Erie.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

this hotel sits right across the street from a huge mall and a few hundred feet from other large stores, and restaurants love the location! the rooms are spacious and very clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. cannot wait to go again very relaxing hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for giving us a “5 STAR” review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back in the near future. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

rooms very dated, and in need of new mattresses for sure. Room pretty dusty and dirty. They really need to get on there housekeeping department, bedding very wrinkled and unfresh looking. On a positive note breakfast was good, Staff very friendly and nice. Until they make rooms in better shape they should really lower the price, because the rooms do not meet the Hilton standards for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
VICKI M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I can completely understand your concerns regarding the rooms. Due to extremely high occupancy and usage, the hotel has worn much quicker than expected. At this point, some of the cleanliness items are actually condition and hard to control. As far as the other housekeeping issues, we will be certain to address them with our housekeeping team. We are in the process of upgrading some of our bedding elements for a newer, fresher look. We want our guest to leave and be extremely satisfied and we fell short during your stay. I hope you will give us another chance to make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have been staying here over the past 5-6 years. If visiting the water park, it is far superior to the hotels attached to the water park. Unfortunately the value for the price I pay over the years has decreased slightly; however, still a good value for the price.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Rates do vary from time to time based on availability. Please call us in the future and we will certainly give you the best we can. Looking forward to your return in the future.