“Quietest Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Erie
“Quietest Hotel”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was the quietest hotel I've ever stayed in (in over 40 years of travel and hotel stays). No hall noise, no noise from flushing toilets or shower in adjoining rooms, no noise from closing room doors. The front desk staff were extremely courteous and the hot breakfast delicious! I always stay a Hilton properties when traveling, but now will make it a point to stay a Homewood Suites if one is available.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed at Homewood Suites during the first weekend in May. We went in with low expectations and we were overly thrilled with this hotel and our room was amazing! We got a one bedroom suite and it had a full kitchen. The bedroom was in a separate room from the living room area. The best thing was the bedroom had an ensuite. We loved this hotel! We would recommend it to anyone and will keep returning to this hotel for our Erie visits.
Excellent location and price! Loved it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lovetravel088
pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Really friendly staff and nice amenities. They always take the time to get to know you. The complimentary dinner , wine & beer Monday thru Thursday is a great benefit if you just want to stay in and eat and relax in your room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Eagle
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We visited Erie to go to my in-laws 60th wedding anniversary. Having not lived there for over ten years it is difficult to get good recommendations for hotels. This one is just what we needed for our stay. Terrific location, very clean, a good breakfast and management in plain sight! What a concept. I would not hesitate to stay again which is the ultimate compliment in my book.

Room Tip: First floor had really high ceilings in the room, very spacious feeling.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank idahosandy
Houston, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel is in a very nice location and has great option (i.e. hot breakfast, free WI-FI, fitness center, etc...) for the prices. I really like the location of this hotel because you have so much to do and so many places you can go have a nice dinner at. The staff is very helpful and very nice based on what I say and experience during my stay. The price is not bad at all compare to the other hotels around that area. I enjoyed my stay and will be staying there in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Indiana
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was our first stay at Homewood Suites in Erie. Very nice hotel. Room was great! Clean and very well kept. The breakfast buffet was good. Quite a spacious area to accomodate everyone. It would be the place to stay if you were to have an extended stay. They have a refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher! Awesome. The only issue was the billing. I made a reservation on line on the Homewood Suites website about a week prior to the stay. I told them clerk when I checked in that I had already paid when I made the reservation on line. When I got home to justify my bills, I had been double-billed by Homewood suites. I left three messages on the managers voice mail with no result. I called the corporate office and within five minutes I got a call from the manager in Erie. Frustrating. But would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MotorcycleMamaw
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We got our room through priceline and they did say it was a smoking room, so we have no complaints just an acknowlegement that the room was VERY smokey, the curtains and bed spread and couch and pillows. The room was very nice, large and a wonderful kitchen. The location is awesome.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
VICKI M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you so much for the 5 STAR review. We truly appreciate your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are still one of the only hotels with a few smoking rooms left. That is one of the difficulties with booking on the 3rd party sites as you can request a smoking/non smoking room but it’s not guaranteed and places you in whatever room type is available. For future, to ensure nonsmoking, please call the hotel directly. I hope to see you on your next travels to Erie