“Good food and great value”

Torero's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 429 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I overnighted in Erie on a cross-country trip and went looking for a place to have dinner. We drove by Torero's, saw a lot of cars in the parking lot, and decided to stop. It was a great decision. The place was packed with locals (always a good sign). We ended up sitting at the bar which was fine. The restaurant is authentic and appears to be family run. The service was good; the bartender was very attentive to us despite being busy making drinks. My wife had Tacos Al Pastor, which she thought were okay but not great. I had the Fajitas Sampler, which was very good, particularly the shrimp fajitas. The portions were huge, and the prices were very reasonable. The folks in Erie have a great Mexican restaurant in Torero's.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I try to shy away from the upper-Peach Street's numerous chain restaurants as much as possible. Torero's is exactly the change of pace I like. It's family owned and operated, and the service is always friendly. I've never walked away hungry; their portions are bountiful. My personal favorite is the fajitas, and you MUST try the queso dip; it's sinfully amazing!!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

First it was a Hardee's and now a great Mexican resturant two of my favorites. Eating here with some Mexican friends we enjoyed the HUGE portions. There are several Mexican beers to shoose from and some Mexican drinks that I really don't know what they are but my buddies said they were great but you might need to speak Spanish to get them as they were not listed on the menu that I could see.
The sausa that comes with the chips at the begining of your meal could be better and has been the same since I first began eating here a few years back. There are big round tables for big groups and several TV's to watch the game. Hard to find but easy to eat this place is a good missing Mexico eatery.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were looking for a place to have dinner and happened to drive by and notice their sign. Boy are we glad we did! We were waited on immediately and we ordered drinks. They came in a flash,lol. We ordered and had hardly taken a couple of sips of our drinks when they brought out our dinners. I had the Taco Salad and my hubby had the Chimichunga (sp?) dinner. He loves Mexican and he said it was one of the best meals he's ever had. My Taco salad was delicious and BIG! All in all it was a delightful meal and atmosphere and the service was just wonderful. Thanks guys. We'll see you again next trip;)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were in town for Monster Jam and had dinner here on a Sat evening. Service was very good and so was the food. I had the fajitas with both ckn and beef and the kids ate my meal instead of theirs. (The kids pizza was greasy but the taco was good). Also had a raspberry margarita which I highly recommend. Overall, it was a good clean restaurant and we'll be back next year.