“The BEST key lime pie, ever!!!”

The Summer House Cafe
Ranked #40 of 402 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“The BEST key lime pie, ever!!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We live in Madison, Ohio and have traveled to the south every year for over 40 years, but the Summer House Cafe has the best key lime pie I have ever tasted.
We go to Erie often to eat. Their homemade soup can't be beat. I had the asparagus soup two weeks ago and went back yesterday to see if they had it again. I had the tomato bisque and it was delicious as always. The dinner menu is always great the atmosphere is friendly and the service awesome. If you go to Erie and miss this restaurant, you are missing the best.

• Visited April 2014

Erie, Pennsylvania
“great food in an unpretentious setting”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I am a regular at this great restaurant. I have yet to have a bad meal or less than excellent service. I find the menu to be chocked full of culinary delights varied enough to temp anyone's palate. Their steak Oscar is to die for (my usual order) as are the scallops and tortellini. My wife's favorite is the crab cakes. Jack, the owner and chef, often has terrific specials created with a desire to please even the most fussy of tastes. He often come out of the confines of the kitchen to chat with the patrons and measure their level of satisfaction. The staff is always pleasant and very efficient. Our party usually requests Cindy as our server. We also like the fact that this restaurant is a BYOB establishment. For those who don't know that means "Bring Your Own Bottle." We usually take a bottle or two of our favorite wine to share with our table. It can make a meal that would otherwise be quiet expensive into one of reasonable cost. All of this is done in a clean, comfortable, and pleasant facility without a bunch of fancy frills that don't have anything to do with good food. This is one of the places I never hesitate to take a friend or special company to for a nice evening meal. If there is any drawback to the Summer House it would be that it is only open for dinner Thursday through Saturday..

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“This restaurant is EXCELLENT!!!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Everything is fresh and delicious!! I go here for Lunch often I have never been for dinner but it definitely the top of my suggestion list!!!

• Visited February 2014
Pennsylvania
“Good with nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We've eaten at this place twice, once for lunch last summer and just recently for dinner. What I really like is the atmosphere of the place, it's low key with dim lighting just enough to make it feel relaxed and inviting. The specials on Saturday tempted us and my boyfriend ordered the lobster mac & cheese, which stated it contained 6 different kinds of cheese, and unfortunately, it made it taste weird. I can't even describe the taste but it was definitely not that yummy. (He did take the leftovers home and added some sharp cheddar to it before warming it up and said it tasted better after that!). I had the butternut squash raviolis and I had to send it back because it was barely warm. Once it was nice and hot the dish tasted pretty good although the pumpkin sauce overwhelmed the taste of the raviolis. What we didn't know was that it was BYOB and if we go back we will definitely take a bottle or two of our favorite wine.

The owner was there and was super friendly and helpful (we had my boyfriends 84 year old mom with us). She made sure to describe some of the specials to us before our waitress came over. The waitress seemed a bit out of her element for a restaurant trying very hard to be "upscale" but she was attentive and helpful.

I don't feel that our dinners were up to the price we were charged for them. Given the location of the place it's hard to be "upscale" though the neighborhood is not as bad as some have said. The restaurant itself is located on a main thoroughfare, across from a Tops Market. Some areas of Erie are not great, that's for sure, but I've never felt uncomfortable at this location.

• Visited January 2014
Erie, PA
“Nice ambience.”
Reviewed 21 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Skip the Peach Street crawl. Bring your favorite bottle of wine and enjoy exquisitely-prepared meals in a comfortable and un-rushed atmosphere. Consistently good. This is a neighborhood restaurant with upscale food and service. Lucky to have it in Erie. Save room for dessert!

Visited December 2013