“Nice breakfast!”

The Summer House Cafe
Ranked #40 of 402 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, TX
“Nice breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Really nice selection of breakfast choices. French toast was really good, and we also had the Steak and potato bowl. The corn beef hash was really tasty too. The atmosphere is clean and bright.

Visited July 2014

Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Heavenly hash!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This quaint little restaurant was recommended by one of the guests at a wedding we attending in Erie.
Having a soft spot for real corn beef hash, i was surprised by the menu and the multiple way they served it up. When I saw the words "home made" next to the hash I knew I had to try it. It was awesome as was the rest of my order, ditto for the breakfast items my other 2-guests had as well. Great coffee, good service and a fantastic waitress.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Maurice G
Buffalo
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our server suggested that we save room for dessert, and she wasn't kidding! I understand there is a resident pastry chef, and the flourless chocolate cake my husband ordered was outstanding! My salad was fresh with no iceberg lettuce (thank you), and the portion was huge! We were just passing through on our way to a wedding in Indiana, and I would stop again. It is only about a ten minute drive from route 90. Thank you for a wonderful dinner!

• Visited July 2014
Erie, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I eat here a few times a month and am always satisfied. They serve breakfast all day which is a big plus, but everything is fresh, homemade and delicious. Awesome desert selection and always a good choice for seafood.

• Visited June 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Friendly Food Nook”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Bright, cute decor with big smiles & happy people. Limited parking, but free street parking is available. We stopped for breakfast after I read some Advisor reviews.

The food was hot, plentiful and pretty good. There was an interesting Garden mix seasoning on the potatoes which I found delightful. Nothing was greasy which is a big plus. Although the slices of bacon were long and thick they were also overdone after we had asked for them to be cooked softer. The bread basket had very good homemade biscuits and a few of nice muffins. The coffee was not so great. The hollandaise on the eggs benedict was homemade and good. It was rather creamy and less lemony than the typical hollandaise sauce but it was very good. The buttermilk pancakes were on the heavy side. I'm not sure if the mix had been sitting for a while or why that happened. They were served with a very good maple syrup though, which means a lot to me. I hate fake syrups!

Overall the place was busy and we were late in the breakfast hour. I am definitely willing to give them another try and also to consider other meals. If you are a coffee snob like me I recommend you get something else to drink. They have v8 which thrilled my husband. The stars of the meal were the biscuits and the hollandaise.

Been to The Summer House Cafe? Share your experiences!