“Just ok”

Cross street: I 90 Exit 27
Minnesota
“Just ok”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I have lived in Erie for almost 4 years now and hadn't been out to the casino and Sensory 3, although we'd heard good things. So last Saturday we decided to give it a try. To be honest the place was nice, and the food was good. But that's about it. Just nice and good. The server we had was terrible. I've had better service at Fridays. The TVs rotating pictures were just weird. The shrimp in my meal had a really funky texture but I was reassured by our server that their shrimp is precooked. Great - for $42 I have precooked funky shrimp. For the money you spend go somewhere else in town. Then you won't have to shower when you get home from all the cigarette smoke in the casino.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Elke R

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Great steak..great staff!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We used to go here when it was La Bonne Vie Steakhouse..Loved it then. Now we are getting back to going now that it is Sensory 3. I still miss the white table cloths and could do without the TV monitors on the wall. But I love the food, and I love what the current manager Matt is doing. We found out he is trying to get back to the up-scale restaurant that it was before. Not only are the steaks the best but I also LOVE the Sea-bass (fish dish).

We will continue to go and see how the updates and changes take place.

• Visited April 2013
Fredonia, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,763 helpful votes
“Strange place...good food!”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Dined here on a Friday, it was our 2nd visit. Atmoshere is quite strange with TV monitors of wall art on screens. Thought I was in Greenwich Village. Quite dimly lit, but accomodating. Seated at wall 1/2 booth and couldn't read menu because of lighting. Asked for regular booth and waitress accomodated us(better lighting). Menu has been expanded since 1st visit and many choices now. Extensive wine list also. Lobster fondue($18) appetizer was excellent. Both of us ordered ala carte salads and both were good, mine was Caesar. Wife had Seafood Fusille($45) which was good-sized with lobster tail and large shrimp. She also had a side of broccolini. Sides are value-priced but entrees are on the high side. The only disappointment of the meal was the meager size of my Chilean sea bass($39). Although quite good, it was only 1/4 size of portions I've gotten elsewhere. Asparagus side and sweet potato were my choices and were good as well as the accomodating waitress was. All in all an excellent meal and experience. Prices are steep but par for a casino steak house. Might return but not real soon.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank craig f
Painesville, Ohio
“Excellent restaurant!”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We did not even know Sensory 3 existed - and we have been in the Presque Isle Downs Casino at least a half dozen times! If it was not for a coupon we got in the mail for the restaurant, we would have never tried it.

The decor is dark wood and simple, yet elegant. The super-huge flat screen TVs on the walls merely project images of art work, island scenes, and moving fish tanks. The music inside is quiet and nostalgic. You forget that you are literally 50 feet from the bells and whistles of the bustling casino. The server we had (Chris) was great! He was friendly, attentive, and explained the menu items to us - including making recommendations.

We had the calamari as an appetizer - huge portion. They were a bit more heavily 'dusted' with breading than I would normally enjoy, but they were still very good - and perfectly cooked. For dinner we had the stuffed veal parmesan and the salmon. Both were cooked with pride and all of the side dishes (fried brussel sprouts, broccolini, mushrooms, etc.) were all hot and prefect. And the portions were very reasonable... they filled the plate, and our stomachs. The drinks from the restaurant bar are the same, or a bit less expensive, than they are on the casino floor.

Now that we know about this restaurant, it will definitely be on our list of somewhere to go when we are in the mood for a fancy night out.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Mike S
Erie, Pennsylvania
“GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Have dined at Sensory 3 several times.Definately is pricey but the food is pretty fab. The atmosphere is nice and it is quiet. No blaring music or whining kids. Not that I don't love children but sometimes one just wants to enjoy a nice quiet dining experience with some good adult conversation.This is the result of being located in Presque Isle Downs & Casino I'm sure.However,the service is very good with the wait staff being well informed in reference to the menu. The Chilean Sea Bass is the VERY best I've ever had anywhere in the states or abroad. Everything on the menu is quite yummy & it would surprise me to hear any negatives about Sensory 3. PLEASE PLEASE don't NOT try this place based on what you have eaten at the casino food outlets. The casino food is sub-standard @ best. Plan on a lovely dining experience with this place. Now if only I could find a slot machine that payed out after dinner!!!!!! LOL.

1 Thank elbmcook