“"GOOD, EVEN IN TRANSITION"”
Review of Sensory 3 Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I 90 Exit 27
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 47th anniversary here last week with the surf n' turf and it was excellent . They are in transition to be called "la Bon Vie". For us, it was the good life, even though we love and eat our surf n' turf often, our favorite. This steak, filet and lobster was great. Our server, Chris, was great. They say the steaks will be "upgraded." WOW! Can't wait, because this a was great dinner. We'll be back when it's "la Bon Vie", The good life.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We visited the casino while we were in town recently, hearing that Sensory 3 was a decent restaurant. The casino itself is gross. The smoke is OVERWHELMING. People should not be allowed to smoke in public places PERIOD! Anyway, we made it through the smoke fog to the restaurant, and I was disappointed by the restaurant itself. Whoever designed and decorated the place did a terrible and confusing job of it. The bar area is nice, but the dining part of it blah! I mean, they have giant TV's on the wall that feature rotating pictures of Hawaii, flowers, fish...super strange and tacky. So, I would have to give this place maybe a 2 for atmosphere. The food, however, was decent. We ordered a few appetizers to share: Fish tacos, Pizza w/steak, Ahi tuna. I have had better fish tacos, but the other two items were very good. Our waitress was fine. Will I go back? Probably not anytime soon, but that's more about the smoky, yucky casino atmosphere than this restaurant.

4  Thank fetching
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Huge lobster tail, almost too much. Lobster was cooked to perfection, tender and sweet. Lobster tail served with crab butter, and Maryland blue crab and Italian sausage ravioli. The ravioli was very good and a sizable portion. My husband had the 24 oz. bone-in ribeye steak. It was seasoned and cooked to the exact doneness he ordered. He ordered a side of garlic mashed potatoes and a side of asparagus. Both were large portions and seasoned perfectly. We easily split the asparagus between the two of us and had generous servings. I had several bites of his steak and it was mouth wateringly good. This restaurant is so confident in their chef that they do not have salt and pepper at the tables, and we did not miss it. We had a very good waitress, but a table next to us was not as pleased with their service, so I guess the service is not always as good as ours was. We had absolutely no complaints about our server, she was attentive without being overly so, with no excessively long waits.

My one complaint about this restaurant is that it is kind of blah for a fine dining restaurant. There are 6 or 8 televisions on the walls with aquarium screen savers on them. The walls are all wood paneling and remind me of what an old fashioned men's club might look like. The outer perimeter of the room is lined with booth type benches with tables set up for seating 2, 4, or 6, with tables filling in the rest of the center of the restaurant. It can be rather noisy when it is near capacity and a lot of people are talking. It doesn't lend itself to a romantic dinner atmosphere. While there is a fireplace near the entrance, it can't really be seen when seated and wasn't being used anyway.

2  Thank purrleacatz
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Dined here again last Friday and it didn't disappoint, Tried the 12 oz. filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. However, my wife's bone-in rib-eye was not nearly top quality, especially for the $45 price tag. Her Boston Bibb salad was great, although very much on the small side. My loaded baked potato was its usual outstanding quality as well as the accompanying sautee'd mushrooms. We both enjoyed glasses of Crane Lake wine, which I highly recommend. I also enjoyed the shrimp scampi although, for $13 they might think of giving you 4 or 5 instead of the measly 3. Service was great as we always ask for Katelyn, who I highly recommend. One of these times we will save room for one of their in-house-made desserts. Were just too full this time.

1  Thank craig f
Reviewed 3 August 2013

super service salmon best anywhere friend had filet said it was grilled to perfection. second time there both times excellent